Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Tyler
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2013, 07:35 PM

816 posts, read 1,947,144 times

Advertisements

Moderators need to review that troll.

Old 04-04-2013, 08:36 PM

1,064 posts, read 1,903,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Apparently so. Very odd.
The same reason that you are on here but not to boast slow blank Tyler!!!!!
You fill in the blank and it isn't fun lmao!!!!

Old 04-04-2013, 08:48 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,894,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dee936 View Post
The same reason that you are on here but not to boast slow blank Tyler!!!!!
You fill in the blank and it isn't fun lmao!!!!
I doubt very seriously that you and I are motivated to be on this forum, by the same factors. Frankly, we don't seem to have much in common.

Old 04-04-2013, 08:58 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,140,507 times
lmao @ gassing nacogdoches up over anywhere...let alone Tyler. Nacogdoches is cool, but realistically it cant even really compare to Longview to be honest.

Old 04-04-2013, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soletaire View Post
lmao @ gassing nacogdoches up over anywhere...let alone Tyler. Nacogdoches is cool, but realistically it cant even really compare to Longview to be honest.
Soletarie that is your flow and my flow and others is theirs!!!!!!

Old 04-04-2013, 09:48 PM

That's right, Soletaire...go with your flow. Right on.

Old 04-05-2013, 06:59 AM

86 posts, read 199,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dee936 View Post
I live in tyler in on troup highway and then 155 by tyler bingo then hwy 64 and nothing live about it.
Tyler downtown is dead and ugly to me nothing pop off or out.N broadway after passing mall is like being in the country and bergfield park should have more activities.People refer people to the south side hell thats the only side with anything.Tyler is a town of 96,000 people that is slow and boring basically towns near size like Beaumount and waco feel more vibrant then Tyler lol.Nacogdoches has 20 plus clubs that I haven't seen one tyler native name yet lmao off.Nacogdoches is well known for its party seen from Texarkana to Beaumont.The city use to be a just a college town in the 90's but now as all the new cooperations have came like Mast motorsport,ETech,Lee containers,RR Donnely, oil jobs made Nac nightlife even better then ever.
Seeing people lying about the city somewhat is surprising but not shocking we hold the largest event just one of several blueberry fest 20,000 plus and now the city have waaaaaaaaay more venues to host events Nacogdoches convention center downtown,Nacogdoches civic center just built and Nacogdoches expo and
Stephen F.Austin gym the largest venue in east texas including Texarkana,Tyler,Longview and Lufkin.
Nac is on the map we don't have to boast 96,000 people to make it jam down hear lol.
We see that having 96,000 don't mean a thing just look at Tyler some of it wet and took all these years lol.
Don't hate on Nacogdoches baby cause we here and ain't going nowhere.
This is me Dee936 setting the record straight Nac has way more national resturants then chilis which the least of my favs what about clear spring,popeyes lol,La Caretta which started in Nac then came to Tyler.
Tyler needs to improve most of there resident streets that don't have curbs and gutter system what is so pretty about that,Tyler needs a better nightlife lived there and done that what a relief,Tyler needs to quit making stupid decision like the tollway really yall want to look so big and the toll don't go threw major population centers lol bullard and whithouse isn't major lmao.Tyler needs to get it together quick because if Tyler want to grow said it onces and will say it again many decades of being by I-20 it should have major freeway in that area and should be hustling and bustling with business.Lufkin is not on a interstate but if we took a poll from outsiders which city looks bigger Lufkin would win by a landslide.Now interstate I-69 is coming all I can say Nacogdoches,Lufkin and Longview is going to out grow Tyler because city leaders there can't get it together.All the stores that Tyler have they suppose to have with a pop of 96,000 and more really to tell the truth.Nacogdoches and lufkin with pops of 33,000 plus people are shock to see the stuff we have.Its stores we have yall don't have a crying shame isn't so sad but any not for me.: tape:: cool::co ol:
There is so much wrong here and I can't decipher a lot of it but I thought I'd run some numbers by you.

"Stephen F.Austin gym the largest venue in east texas including Texarkana,Tyler,Longview and Lufkin."

SFA Gymnasium - 13000 SF (source: Main Gym | Reservations | Facilities | Campus Recreation | SFASU)
UT Tyler Gymnasium - 30000 SF (source: UT Tyler Herrington Patriot Center, HPC | Rec Sports, Fitness, UT Tyler Gym, Pool, Tennis)

-

"Tyler needs to quit making stupid decision like the tollway really yall want to look so big and the toll don't go threw major population centers lol bullard and whithouse isn't major lmao."

The point wasn't to go through major population centers, it was built to relieve traffic inside Tyler, spur development along the corridor, and make West and South Tyler as well as points south of Tyler more easily accessible from the Interstate.

-

"Lufkin is not on a interstate but if we took a poll from outsiders which city looks bigger Lufkin would win by a landslide."

I'm not sure how you come to this conclusion. Looks bigger? From what perspective?

Tyler - 54.2 SQ/miles, 1,782 residents per SQ/mile
Nacogdoches - 25.2 SQ/miles, 1,221 residents per SQ/mile

Distance in Tyler from northern edge of city limits to southern edge - 10.5 miles
Distance in Tyler from eastern edge of city limits to western edge - 6.6 miles

Distance in Nacogdoches from northern edge of city limits to southern edge - 7.6 miles
Distance in Nacogdoches from eastern edge of city limits to western edge - 4.9 miles

-

"oil jobs made Nac nightlife even better then ever."

I don't have any raw facts for you here but I can tell you with a fair amount of confidence that very few people outside of college aged folks are interested in partying with oil field employees.

-

"Nacogdoches has 20 plus clubs"

I'm seeing one actual club on Yelp and a handful of "bar and grills". http://www.yelp.com/searchcflt=night...ogdoches%2C+TX

House parties don't count as nightclubs.

Old 04-06-2013, 02:58 PM

Every one please I am begging you to go to Stats about all US cities - real estate, relocation info, crime, house prices, cost of living, races, home value estimator, recent sales, income, photos, schools, maps, weather, neighborhoods, and more and it will tell you that the seating is 2,000 and the gym is 30,000sq foot.I can't believe some one would post something that crazy.I am laughing so hard until it ain't funny lmao!!!!!!!!!!!!!: crying:

Old 04-06-2013, 03:18 PM

Nacogdoches has the largest venue like I said and basically I made a thread about the clubs here that are not bars and I don't go to bars lol.Nacogdoches is here and will be here probably ahead of yo city in a minute if your slow city leaders don't speed up.As for Lufkin they cover almost every store Tyler got and have stores that Tyler don't have.All I have to say is ask travelers because Lufkin look way more like a major city then Tyler,the on thing Tyler top in is taller buildings but everything else from the jammed up shopping centers in Lufkin and the highway system,Lufkin make Tyler look like a baby lmao and thats the real.Lufkin mall has 60 stores in its mall and I imagine Tyler may have about 80 but look at the size of Lufkin population it is a shame that a city of 35,000 people have just as much as city with 96,000 people.
Tyler has 2 more walmarts and a dilliard and macys thats it over Lufkin we can go back and forth about what each have that the other don't but at the end of the day it is not a light year difference it is a NYC minute thing you get it lmao!

Old 04-06-2013, 04:02 PM

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Tyler