Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Tyler
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2014, 03:01 AM

2 posts, read 2,307 times

Advertisements

[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
Hello every one
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
I will be intyler next month with my family for studyatthe University of Texas at Tyler
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
I seek your advice for a suitable apartment near UTT withgood facilities in affordable prices. and with nearby child care center.becauseI don't have car and I don't have any idea about transportation in the city.
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
Sinceam a foreigner I need a proper advice regarding safety of living place,surroundings such as markets and restaurants especially availability of anearby day care center.
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2014, 09:19 AM

3,020 posts, read 8,614,065 times
You might want to try that again (edit) without changing the fonts.

Old 06-24-2014, 08:45 PM

3,028 posts, read 5,083,379 times
I'm still waiting for someone else to reply to your post. But being without transportation in Texas and Tyler in particular is going to be difficult. Just look up Tyler Transit System and look at the bus routes and schedules. I don't know anything about childcare centers, Again I just google, bing or some other search engine it, lol. On restaurants, markets, hard to do, I would think without your own transportation. Sorry, not much of help. Past problems in the huge apartments around UTT as far as I've heard are being reduced and crime numbers are reducing. Hope someone else will respond to your thread.

Old 06-24-2014, 11:46 PM

2 posts, read 2,307 times
Hello every one
I will be in tyler next month with my family for study at the University of Texas at Tyler
I seek your advice for a suitable apartment near UTT with good facilities in affordable prices. and with nearby child care center.because I don't have car and I don't have any idea about transportation in the city.
Since am a foreigner I need a proper advice regarding safety of living place, surroundings such as markets and restaurants especially availability of a nearby day care center.

Old 06-28-2014, 09:34 PM

1,449 posts, read 2,353,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by honey_life View Post
Hello every one
I will be in tyler next month with my family for study at the University of Texas at Tyler
I seek your advice for a suitable apartment near UTT with good facilities in affordable prices. and with nearby child care center.because I don't have car and I don't have any idea about transportation in the city.
Since am a foreigner I need a proper advice regarding safety of living place, surroundings such as markets and restaurants especially availability of a nearby day care center.
i had the same dilemma myself when i was about to move to tyler without a car and no driver's license--and very little driving experience as well. i had to drive around in a scooter for the first year of living here in tyler until i was confident enough to drive a car--silly me hehehe.

it's really hard here in texas in general not to drive. there are buses here in tyler, but their coverage is so little. i looked into it before, but it just pales in comparison to the coverage that the public transit has in cleveland, ohio. i dont know about daycare centers near UT.

UT is pretty much in a residential area, so there are no markets at a walking distance there. there is a sprinkling of food places springing up soon there, but still, not a very convenient walking distance. i'd ask my bf who has a coworker going to UT right now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Tyler
View detailed profiles of: