Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Tyler
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2015, 02:41 PM

28 posts, read 86,594 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know anything about this community? It's on Skyview Drive. I see some lots listed for sale and wonder if it's a good community/area. Coming from Fort Worth and we want to look into that area. Any information would be helpful. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2015, 05:03 PM

3,028 posts, read 5,085,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamaiah01 View Post
Does anyone know anything about this community? It's on Skyview Drive. I see some lots listed for sale and wonder if it's a good community/area. Coming from Fort Worth and we want to look into that area. Any information would be helpful. Thanks.
Have been there, I saw this being developed, I think, it is really near Chandler, just South of Highway 31?
Just West of Tyler?

If this is the one, the views were almost like the Ozarks, almost. But I remember very few left with a view. Unless they expanded the area.

Old 02-21-2015, 06:23 PM

Yes, it looks to be off 31 with great views. There are a couple of lots one at 0.5 acres and another at just under 6. Our timeframe for moving is closer to a year from now so I'm sure those will be gone. It does look beautiful there! My husband and I both work from home and don't see a need to stick around the metroplex much longer. North Fort Worth is growing super fast right now and we can't stand reaching out our windows and shaking hands with the neighbors. We really hate the boxed in back yards with nothing to look at but brown grass and privacy fence!

We hope to get out there one nice weekend soon and get a look around Brownsboro, Chandler, Athens and Lake Palestine.

Old 02-21-2015, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Yes, it looks to be off 31 with great views. There are a couple of lots one at 0.5 acres and another at just under 6. Our timeframe for moving is closer to a year from now so I'm sure those will be gone. It does look beautiful there! My husband and I both work from home and don't see a need to stick around the metroplex much longer. North Fort Worth is growing super fast right now and we can't stand reaching out our windows and shaking hands with the neighbors. We really hate the boxed in back yards with nothing to look at but brown grass and privacy fence!

We hope to get out there one nice weekend soon and get a look around Brownsboro, Chandler, Athens and Lake Palestine.

Wait to late March or early April, whenever "mother nature" allows the azaleas and dogwoods, tulips, and other spring flowers in Tyler to be in bloom.

http://www.tylertexasonline.com/tyle...alea-trail.htm

http://www.visittyler.com/azaleatrail/

Yes, I visit my cousins in North Richland Hills, we drive around to Southlake, Keller, yep, to much traffic.

Old 02-23-2015, 02:07 PM

Looks like we narrowed our searched down to the area between Athens and Chandler. Can't go as far as Tyler to live. It's outside the locality pay area for my job. Chandler is as far east as we can go, and believe me we want to go! Thanks for the links. It does look beautiful!

Old 02-25-2015, 07:07 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,925,505 times
We moved to Chandler about six months ago and we LOVE IT here! Prior to moving here, we'd lived in Tyler and Kilgore. Things I love about Chandler are:

Close to Tyler but I don't have to deal with Tyler traffic
Very clean and neat - no junky areas
Super friendly people - hardly anyone who lives here is actually FROM Chandler so there's no "clique."
Chandler has everything we "need" for daily living - a nice sized grocery store, a surprising number of restaurants (several of which are locally owned and really good), a hardware store, banks, bookkeeping services, several gyms, "doc in the box" for minor emergencies, a really good post office and library, a drug store, the lake, a shooting range (my husband likes that part), etc.
Chandler has really good schools - very highly rated
Closer to DFW and Canton than where we've lived previously - close but not too close
Surrounded by beautiful rural areas, including neat little towns like Edom and Ben Wheeler, which have numerous festivals and interesting happenings through the year
Close to Blue Moon Nursery - one of my favorite places on this earth
I can hop on Loop 49 and be on South Broadway in 11 minutes
Close to the west side of Tyler, which is experiencing some good growth
Nice parks and public facilities
Close to Athens as well - with some good antique stores and that sort of thing in Chandler and Athens
Tyler airport is 7 minutes from our house (my husband has to fly a lot on business)

We couldn't be happier! Good luck and keep us posted on your moving decisions!

Old 02-25-2015, 01:02 PM

Kathryn, this may be a silly question. Is it easier to get to Tyler Airport than Dallas Love Field? I fly to the Northeast about once a month or so.

Old 02-25-2015, 01:11 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,925,505 times
Quote:
Kathryn, this may be a silly question. Is it easier to get to Tyler Airport than Dallas Love Field? I fly to the Northeast about once a month or so.
Absolutely. However, there aren't a huge number of flights out of Tyler so sometimes we have to fly out of Shreveport - which is also a lot easier to get to than either major airport in Dallas. Shreveport has some very good flight schedules. My husband flies in and out to PA all the time - twice a month in fact - from either Tyler or Shreveport. Usually on Delta, with a layover in Atlanta out of Shreveport, or if he flies out of Tyler, he has a layover in Dallas sometimes, and sometimes just goes straight through to Pittsburgh, I think. Anyway, both airports are much easier to get to and to navigate than either Dallas airport.

There is also a decent regional airport in Longview but so far we've only used Tyler and Shreveport. Tyler's airport is only 7 minutes from our house! But you have to book those flights usually two weeks in advance because they sell out quickly. Sometimes we can't do that due to slight variances in schedule.

Old 02-25-2015, 01:20 PM

Some federal law requires the Longview Airport to be open. Only 4 flights per day. FAA wanted to close it years ago, so this is how I heard about this.

Old 02-25-2015, 01:23 PM

I usually fly Southwest so we have to drive to Love Field from Fort Worth. It's not the worst thing as long as I schedule the flight after the morning rush. It's also been great since the Wright Amendment was lifted and I can go non-stop. BONUS. Thanks for the info on Shreveport. That may be an option if we choose your neck of the woods. I've read so many of your glowing posts on Chandler that I can't wait to check it out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Tyler