Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Tyler
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2015, 09:55 PM

2,068 posts, read 999,218 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
And it's back to gray skies today, with several more days of rain in the forecast this week!
Hi Kathryn. When it gets up to 39 days or so of rain, let me know.

My wife and I bought "lakefront" property in 2010. Our swim dock has been dry docked since 2012. I'm looking forward to some rain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2015, 04:16 PM

3,279 posts, read 5,318,749 times
Anymore, I am at different times so upset about it it's even affected my religious outlook. Is God on crack? I'm serious. Anyone with a brain bigger than a flea can tell this is overboard. Any metric you use, we are WAY beyond what is normal, and aren't the least bit dry. It's one of the main things I wish--that I could personally take over the weather, superseding even "Him."

Either that, or there is no "Him, " and it's just weather that has nothing to do with any of that sort. That would be a more tolerable stance, because I can't possibly worship a deity that's putting this sort of thing into motion.

Old 03-20-2015, 07:53 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,925,505 times
It poured down rain again today. As it did yesterday. And as it is supposed to again tomorrow. So now for the year we're at nearly 17 inches of rain, and the norm is 10.5.

I say ENOUGH ALREADY!!!!!!

Old 03-21-2015, 08:45 AM

And yet another round of rain today - along with my phone dinging like crazy with flood warnings. Canceled plans today - no one wants to get out in this weather.

Old 03-21-2015, 09:22 AM

3,028 posts, read 5,085,037 times
Quote:
And yet another round of rain today - along with my phone dinging like crazy with flood warnings. Canceled plans today - no one wants to get out in this weather.

I guess theirs nothing else to talk about here besides the weather. I live less than a mile south of the mall in Tyler. We all did not get a rain at all yesterday. Not enough to wet the street. \

Just checked Tyler Airport, which has hourly weather, which does report rainfall by the hour and shows the last two day totals. As of 9:00 this morning, rainfall has been .38 the airport for the 24 hours of Friday. Thursday .10. So far Saturday since mid-night to 9:00 am .40. According to the Tyler paper, which gets their figures from the National Weather Service at the airport, thru yesterday 13.49 inches of rain this year, normal 10.28.

Weather Channel is forecasting just another half inch of rain today and tonight. Now, farther Southeast into deep East Texas much more is possible, Nac. Lufkin, Center, Carthage etc.

Worst part about this is little sun, yeah, depressing.

Old 03-21-2015, 12:33 PM

3,279 posts, read 5,318,749 times
I'm beginning to think maybe the thing to do is to see if they sell any large "tarps," ones the size of a circus tent or about 150 ft each way. I'm thinking I'd like to erect one over my property to keep the rain out permanently so I can walk around outside without this harassment.

Old 03-21-2015, 04:43 PM

347 posts, read 468,067 times
As hard as it may be for some to believe, there are still areas of North Texas that are in severe drought. Would be nice if we could shift the track of these storms about 200 miles to our west. They could certainly use more.
Attached Thumbnails
Is It EVER Going to Stop Raining? (Ugh)-dm-3-17.jpg  

Old 03-21-2015, 06:23 PM

Yes, I was afraid to point that out on here,lol.

Most of the expected rain, from this "event" has moved 100-200 miles farther Southeast of Tyler, not in the more Northern direction as had been predicted.

Old 03-21-2015, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Senior View Post
I guess theirs nothing else to talk about here besides the weather. I live less than a mile south of the mall in Tyler. We all did not get a rain at all yesterday. Not enough to wet the street. \

Just checked Tyler Airport, which has hourly weather, which does report rainfall by the hour and shows the last two day totals. As of 9:00 this morning, rainfall has been .38 the airport for the 24 hours of Friday. Thursday .10. So far Saturday since mid-night to 9:00 am .40. According to the Tyler paper, which gets their figures from the National Weather Service at the airport, thru yesterday 13.49 inches of rain this year, normal 10.28.

Weather Channel is forecasting just another half inch of rain today and tonight. Now, farther Southeast into deep East Texas much more is possible, Nac. Lufkin, Center, Carthage etc.

Worst part about this is little sun, yeah, depressing.
LOL well, this is a thread about weather and the unusual amount of rain we're getting, so yeah...that's what I'm talking about.

As you know, I live in Chandler. The average precipitation for January through March is about 11 inches, with the entire month of March getting, on average, 4.19 inches.

So far this month, with 1/3 of the month left, we've received 6.5 inches and we still have 10 days left in the month, with more rain forecast for tonight, tomorrow, and later this week.
http://www.weather.com/weather/tenda...+TX+75758:4:US

For the year (remember, the average precip by the end of March is 11 inches), we've received 3 inches in February, and 7 inches in January, for a total of 16.58 inches - so in Chandler, we have received 5.5 inches more of rain than is normal for this time of year.
Chandler January Weather 2015 - AccuWeather Forecast for TX 75758

Old 03-22-2015, 07:55 AM

Quote:
LOL well, this is a thread about weather and the unusual amount of rain we're getting, so yeah...that's what I'm talking about.

As you know, I live in Chandler. The average precipitation for January through March is about 11 inches, with the entire month of March getting, on average, 4.19 inches.

So far this month, with 1/3 of the month left, we've received 6.5 inches and we still have 10 days left in the month, with more rain forecast for tonight, tomorrow, and later this week.
http://www.weather.com/weather/tenda...+TX+75758:4:US

For the year (remember, the average precip by the end of March is 11 inches), we've received 3 inches in February, and 7 inches in January, for a total of 16.58 inches - so in Chandler, we have received 5.5 inches more of rain than is normal for this time of year.
Chandler January Weather 2015 - AccuWeather Forecast for TX 75758
OKay this is fun,? Today's Tyler paper includes, yesterdays rain up until midnight, 13.88 inches of rain for the year. Average is 10.41 for year. Chandler is about 5 air miles to Tyler Airport. Is there really an official weather station in Chandler? Problem is where did the 7 inches in January and 3 inches in February come from? A nearby rain gauge?

But I think I'm done here, the guess for next weeks weather is 6 out of seven days dry and sunny.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Tyler