Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Tyler
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2015, 02:36 AM

3,279 posts, read 5,317,466 times

Advertisements

Am I the only one that's about had enough of this rain? Heck, at one point tonight, I even made a half-hearted swipe towards us just up and leaving town for somewhere like, say, El Paso where we'd knew we'd be far enough away from this to not have to put up with it. We ultimately didn't go, but it may well be because it stopped raining more than any other reason. I honestly didn't even care if such meant we lost our jobs, I was just struck with an overwhelming feeling of "I've got to get the freak out of here."

That sounds crazy, but it's not half as crazy, to me, as how it's been around here. We've had more than 4 times the normal amount for this point in the month than we typically have, and a good 2 inches more than we'd typically have for ALL of the month--and there's more to come. That's what's really annoying--if it did that, only to then not rain anymore for the rest of month, since we're ahead of schedule, and to also be sunny 2/3rds of those days, then I could tolerate it. This is just insane. I swear Beavis & Butthead could do a better job of directing the weather than whatever numb skulls in nature are doing this.

Everywhere you walk, it's slushy. Rivers aren't just "full," they're gorging, overflowing into the roads. It hasn't had more than about 4 sunny days total for the past month. If one more person says something about our "drought," I just might punch them. If we're in a "drought," then I'm on my period (I'm a male). There is NO WAY we need all of this, just no way.

I'm going stir crazy. If it were up to me, it wouldn't rain another drop until at least May, and the first person who complained about it I've had them put in a Medieval torture chamber for even just having the opinion and stating it that "we need more rain." BULL!!!!

It needs to be sunny for a stretch now, yes, all the way from now to May if you ask me, 6 whole weeks non-stop, no interruptions whatsoever. Whatever supposedly will dry up--SCREW IT. LET IT. If it needs this much rain to survive, we can just do without it.

Am I the only one that's about had enough of this? I know we have to have some rain, it can't be sunny every day, but come on already, this is beyond insane.

Last edited by shyguylh; 03-13-2015 at 03:25 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2015, 10:34 AM

3,028 posts, read 5,083,379 times
I agree, except for "whatever numb skulls in nature are doing this". But yes, yes, enough cloudy days "already". This is not supposed to be Seattle. But, I hate to break it to you, as a matter of fact, don't even look at the forecast for the next week, more of the same, I'm not very skilled at trying not to let things I can't change, from bothering me. That's not very healthy outlook I know, but it's hard not to complain. Someone once told me if you complain and can "do' something about it, then do, if you can't change something, then move on. Uhh, Okay. lol

Old 03-13-2015, 10:48 AM

3,279 posts, read 5,317,466 times
The other thing which bothers me--it won't rain much at all during times you'd not mind it, like July and August, and heck it would probably do some good too. It certainly would be welcome, even by me, for the relief from the extreme heat. Yet it hardly rains then. Now, when we're supposed to be in the high 60s and low 70s, it's perpetually cloudy. It's beyond stupid. It's to the point that I'm now seriously considering moving for that reason alone, returning to the desert where I once lived. This is beyond ridiculous.

Old 03-13-2015, 06:57 PM

200 posts, read 447,597 times
Dear East Texas,
Please send us some of that rain.

Sincerely, Arizona.

Old 03-14-2015, 08:06 AM

3,352 posts, read 2,823,762 times
I usually love the rain but after 4-5 days straight here in Tennessee and going out and squishing down to your ankles every day plus not to mention my hound who needs 4 to 5 baths a day..I am well OVER it....plus it is raining today..If I didn't have a dog..I would be good with it.. she is just a mess...

Old 03-14-2015, 11:06 AM

347 posts, read 467,953 times
Just a nice reminder: not every late winter is this rainy even here in East Texas. For more information, please research the year 2011. Hang in there, it won't be like this forever.

Old 03-14-2015, 12:45 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,894,826 times
Don't get me wrong - I'm grateful that our ponds and lakes and rivers are starting the year off great. But I am SICK TO DEATH OF GRAY SKIES.

My yard is like a giant wet sponge! It's so butt ugly outside that I don't even want to take a walk at the few times it's not raining or dripping. BLECH.

But...this too shall pass. At least I'm getting to wear cute warmer clothes and shoes for a little bit longer.

Old 03-14-2015, 04:21 PM

3,028 posts, read 5,083,379 times
Enough already, it's not officially raining, but I got caught out in the falling "dew" looked around not cloud formation !! It felt like I was in one. Really it was/is heavy falling mist/drizzle. Looked at the 10 day forecast/guess, noooooooooo ! 3 0f the 10 days, maybe partly cloudy. I know, calm down, you would "die" for this in July/August

Old 03-15-2015, 07:53 AM

Oh. My. Gosh. Another gray, chilly day. WHODUTHUNKIT?????

I may as well be living in Seattle.

And gonna git us some mo rain for at least three more days out of the upcoming week! JUST WHAT WE NEED!

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/l/75758:4:US

Old 03-15-2015, 07:55 AM

Oh joy, I just received my usual round of notifications flood warnings for the area. At this point, that news is boring.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Tyler