Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Tyler
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2019, 10:29 AM

130 posts, read 122,278 times

Advertisements

Anybody knows what will be the new building near whataburger on the 155?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2019, 10:43 AM

3,028 posts, read 5,083,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vavi78 View Post
Anybody knows what will be the new building near Whataburger on the 155?
You noticed that too, I hoped someone else, as well, knew what was being constructed. Pretty high chance, or likely to be some type of warehouse. It's maybe a self serve storage building. Anyway, it appears to be fairly large.

I look thru the commercial and residential building permits listed in the paper, I've not seen anything. I don't think all permits are listed in the paper, more of a hit and miss, depending on the mood of the poster, lol

The city building services department site is still down, so we can't look there for the time being. The city has restored much of the site, not sure they will even reinstall the building permits to the Building Services Department again, or not.

Keep us posted if you see a construction sign saying what it is. Thanks

Old 10-14-2019, 10:50 PM

566 posts, read 390,611 times
https://tylerpaper.com/news/local/sm...4a746142e.html

Old 10-15-2019, 07:42 PM

https://tylerpaper.com/news/local/gr...iderail-latest

Old 10-17-2019, 04:46 PM

Truely from the "rumor mill" hearsay, at best but...

Today I had an eye exam from my ophthalmologist for Christus Mother Francis on Trump highway, the single story converted former Gipson Building, my nurse, employed ten years there said that Christus would be moving most of "other", leaving eye medical services there, medical services in that location to a new location next to the Christus Hospital on South Broadway. My referenced NW corner of Broadway and Cumberland.

The point of my post, I've wondered and others likely have questioned, what the heck is to be "done" with the NW corner of Broadway and Cumberland Road, you know where concrete was poured, a bank was to be built, and the property has been sitting there partially completed for what, two years? ANYWAY, Christus bought that property and 'my source" reported he was informed that hopefully a new multistory building would be built for the expanding medical needs. He stated it will be a "big" building, when I said that was a small tracked location, that is when he said yes it will be built UP, multi-story.

Mystery solved, but when and IF it will be built?

Old 10-18-2019, 06:35 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,886,374 times
I have been and been and been wondering the same thing.

Old 10-18-2019, 10:58 AM

https://www.kltv.com/2019/10/18/true...ler-expansion/

Old 10-18-2019, 08:54 PM

7 posts, read 37,653 times
Mark... you have posted in the past about the construction of Popeyes... it really is okay to miss things haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Senior View Post
I miss that on purpose unless there is something unusually large. Which actually I reported in detail the only interest to me was the Primrose permit. Drove by their today and they are actually well on their way with construction.

From now on to next spring the number of housing permits will drop about in half, normally. Recently just a few houses per week, no biggie. Only once did I copy and post, when there was a near all-time high of about 60-70 housing permits, by two builders, building townhomes, for rent, which the city also includes in residential permits, which they are, but not residential houses for sale, whatever. Again, in a good year, Tyler issues permits, for about 400 houses in the residential section.

The commercial permits have been weak all year, and actually last year, again, just not much growth. I haven't heard of anything expected big. I've been waiting, even contacted the city building permit department to see what has happened to the renovation of the old Carlton Hotel, Smith County 18 story building downtown. By now conversion to living units was supposed and announced to well under progress by earlier this year. Oh well.

Also, a small residential and retail project was to have been started early this year on the West Side of downtown out West Erwin Street a couple of blocks "off the square". Drove by their no signs up and no signs of any construction.

Lots of projects in Tyler over the years are announced and plans "fall through". Nothing occurs. There were plans announced for a large apartment project near U.T.Tyler, no permit issued, land cleared okayed by P & Z and City Council. No construction, a year later, this is at the very east end of McDonald Road, maybe not enough demand for the units? Also, a 15,000,000 permit issued for apartments on Three Lakes across the street South of Three Lakes Junior high, permit a year ago, no clearing of the site, no sign of what was to be built. Called both of these builders, emailed both and neither responded as to what, if any plans they have for these projects. Sorry, I know, to at least one of you this is gibberish, but this is just a followup on some to the posts we put on here, that nothing ever develops.

Such as I don't know if we posted that the Billion and a half proposed development for Tyler by the Chinese Developer "fail through" and he withdrew from Tyler completely, no comment on whether this was good or bad or indifferent "thing" for the city, just this is what "was" lol

Again, I ignore copying the permits that Erin, from Tyler Paper, may include three or four times a month, then she misses posting of permits for 4 to six weeks, and I asked her once to post a large group she missed, but no response, too much work, possibly? I usually check the city website for all the postings, but the website is down again, so I went downtown and received a July and August print out, we missed nothing big at all, in the way of large permits or a lot of permits. The city has no permits logged for September, at least where they can share with the public, the employee in charge post them to the website about a month to six weeks after a month closes, so the next availability for total permits for September will be maybe online by mid to late November

Of course, post them if you like, someone already commented we post the same article from the newspaper and sometimes from two different T.V. stations, overkill, MAYBE, but sometimes, one of the three articles sometimes has more, quite a lot of more information than the other, oh well.

Old 10-18-2019, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrh903 View Post
Mark... you have posted in the past about the construction of Popeyes... it really is okay to miss things haha
OK, I think, lol. I miss some things on purpose, yes, some things are even too small of stuff for even smaller Tyler, to be posted on here, again IMHO, lol.

However, I just returned from a football game in Mesquite. On the way up or over there, I drove a different route. I drove, the West Loop, North from South Tyler, to Spur 364, maybe another name too, don't know, the road that runs by Lindsy Park. Turned right by the park, on Greenbriar, and a block or two on the left, was clearing work in progress for Lindsay Park Trails or something too tired to recall, but it is a fairly large site for a new housing subdivision. To my surprise, I saw very large a Remax Real Estate sign on the property? I don't recall, I'm sure it's happened, that a realtor would sell the lots? Usually, the developer just sells lots to builders who THEN may use realtors to sell their homes, especially if the homes don't sell quickly enough.

Anyway, this I suppose is good news for the West Side, however, this is far outside of the city limits, which stops at the loop and 364, therefore I or we won't be able to see any building permits for homes.

Anyway, it appears to be a significant size project, that is for Tyler, no guessing on my part as to how many homes, no streets yet, therefore could not see the depth or width of the project.

Old 10-19-2019, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Senior View Post
OK, I think, lol. I miss some things on purpose, yes, some things are even too small of stuff for even smaller Tyler, to be posted on here, again IMHO, lol.

However, I just returned from a football game in Mesquite. On the way up or over there, I drove a different route. I drove, the West Loop, North from South Tyler, to Spur 364, maybe another name too, don't know, the road that runs by Lindsy Park. Turned right by the park, on Greenbriar, and a block or two on the left, was clearing work in progress for Lindsay Park Trails or something too tired to recall, but it is a fairly large site for a new housing subdivision. To my surprise, I saw very large a Remax Real Estate sign on the property? I don't recall, I'm sure it's happened, that a realtor would sell the lots? Usually, the developer just sells lots to builders who THEN may use realtors to sell their homes, especially if the homes don't sell quickly enough.

Anyway, this I suppose is good news for the West Side, however, this is far outside of the city limits, which stops at the loop and 364, therefore I or we won't be able to see any building permits for homes.

Anyway, it appears to be a significant size project, that is for Tyler, no guessing on my part as to how many homes, no streets yet, therefore could not see the depth or width of the project.
Hunt Custom Homes and A and B Custom Homes are the builders.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Tyler