Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Tyler
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2009, 07:18 AM

9,273 posts, read 26,496,019 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanko75 View Post
Once the OP spends the summer in Tyler, he's going to have a new set of concerns.

The Tyler area is about 7 degrees cooler than Houston... it's not that bad. Besides you can hit one of the hundred lakes in the area and be just fine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2009, 07:21 AM

9,273 posts, read 26,496,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bman15470 View Post
Geez libs, can you just leave us conservatives alone? You got the whole west coast, every major city in the Midwest, the eastern seaboard, why do you insist on bringing your misery to places like Texas? I'm in Oregon and am looking to move to Texas because its TEXAS, not SF. Born and raised in Oregon and the libs have transformed the west side of this state such that I cant believe what I am seeing (Portland's "progressive" Mayor molests a teen age boy and lies about it and then blames hiding the truth because the "closed minded" types just wouldn't understand) and the libs applaud his actions. Yuk
I'm super content and Happy being Christian, conservative and straight. If your happy with yourself, Hooray, just dont expect me to embrace your life style, its not who or what I am. Live and let Live right libs?

The far left just wants to crush moderates and conservatives into submission. Note that I said FAR LEFT. Unfortunately for them, there are far more of us than there are of them. Now, just how to get them to vote and how to find someone to vote for is the major problem.

The worst place in the country for a liberal extemist to come is Texas. While we may smile and be pleasant to your face, we are going to laugh our butts off and dismiss you as a nut the minute you walk away. You can push your issues and throw your tantrums all you want, you just won't get anywhere with it. Moderate liberal have no problems here, as they really don't have any agendas. Vegetarians are fully accepted, you would be amazed at the amount of conservatives that're whole foods advocates.

Old 06-21-2009, 07:39 AM

20,958 posts, read 45,404,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by big daryle View Post
Tyler is in Texas, your question is already answered, and it is not what you want to hear.
You do realize how closed-minded this is, correct? Wait, no, probably not.

Old 06-21-2009, 10:45 AM

206 posts, read 503,599 times
THL, get a clue, Texas is the buckle of the bible belt, why not embrace that fact? or are you too close minded? Libs want everyone to embrace the tenets of their life style and if you don't they try and put a label on you like "close minded, narrow minded, extremist etc" well I'm sick of it and I'm going to let you know it. Proud to be conservative and will defend your right to be a screw ball, just don't expect me to embrace it. EA I hope what you say is true because it seems were being shunned and shut out by libs in more and more places every day. bman

Old 06-21-2009, 11:45 AM

13 posts, read 34,201 times
I see big daryle has been singled out for criticism a few times. I don't see anything vulgar or insulting in his reply. Is it that his response seems too opinionated or direct? The title of this thread certainly smacks of opinion and directness. Is it not acceptable to respond in kind?

Old 06-21-2009, 02:33 PM

893 posts, read 1,580,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EasilyAmused View Post
The Tyler area is about 7 degrees cooler than Houston... it's not that bad. Besides you can hit one of the hundred lakes in the area and be just fine.
Yes, I work in Temple, Tyler, Houston, and Lafayette...The piney woods blankets the humidity from about Tyler to Lafayette and it is miserable to say the least.

Old 06-22-2009, 12:54 PM

86 posts, read 199,130 times
Are you people serious? Ugh. Yes, because a liberal, non-believer asked about moving to here, they must be trying to take it over. My God, what is wrong with you all? Do you really think it's okay/civilized to treat someone like that just because they have different views/beliefs than you?

Old 06-22-2009, 05:50 PM

3,028 posts, read 5,085,037 times
Yes, you may be correct. And, where else could they hear the "Good News" if not in a non-liberal place. Hear me well, I did not say all liberals are non-believers. Gee, I have at least a few liberal views myself. People, if they know themselves, are not a 100% conservative are liberal. Anyway, you could be right here.

Old 06-22-2009, 06:27 PM

86 posts, read 199,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark-Tyler is Special View Post
Yes, you may be correct. And, where else could they hear the "Good News" if not in a non-liberal place. Hear me well, I did not say all liberals are non-believers. Gee, I have at least a few liberal views myself. People, if they know themselves, are not a 100% conservative are liberal. Anyway, you could be right here.
I didn't say anyone said that all liberals are non-believers. Just angers me when I see my state represented with this nonsense over and over. A person shouldn't have to mirror your(not you, just people in general) views for you to treat them well. So what if the OP is a liberal, agnostic? That doesn't mean they aren't a good person and it doesn't mean that they are trying to "take over"(what a stupid thing to say). I don't call myself a Republican or Democrat, I agree/disagree with things from both sides.

Last edited by quietthings; 06-22-2009 at 06:43 PM..

Old 06-22-2009, 07:03 PM

206 posts, read 503,599 times
OMG, I'll say it one more time, slower. its T E X A S not CA or MA or NY. The poster did not just inquire about moving to TX, they framed the question with a negative intent. Interpretation- " Is Tyler TX really so crappy minded that they wont love my comparatively weird life style?" Dude, thats why God made SF and SD and LA and Seattle, so libs would have ample room to propagate misery. If a deer hunter dressed in camo in Idaho were to ask if I thought he could find happiness and contentment in SF based on his life style Id blast him too. Figuratively of course, but what a stupid question. Now that I have had the last word lets move this crap sandwich to some political hack forum. Praying for always, bman
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Tyler
View detailed profiles of: