Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Tyler
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2009, 08:13 PM

64 posts, read 141,651 times

Advertisements

Hello all,
we're considering moving to Tyler with my husband's gov't work. We're a one oncome family, one child...I'm a stay home mom....looking aty buying a house with acres for 3 dogs and 3 goats........my husband has a 30 mile radious rule at work...I need to be closer to my daughters functions (right now I have 40 minute drives each way!)
We want to know how dangerous it is, where are good neighborhoods, private schools, how are property taxes, sales taxes...anything that will afect our everyday life that you can think of.
I thank you for your time and information.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2009, 08:39 PM

1,488 posts, read 5,239,653 times
Hi, Bella......there are a number of posts concerning all the cities you are asking about....seems like lots of people are transferrring there within the past few months. If you do "search' for these cities, you should find answers to lots of questions......if you still have some, I'm sure someone here can help you with specifics. I have lived in both Lubbock and Amarillo and have a lake place in Tyler so I'm familiar with all of them to a degree.

Old 03-17-2009, 07:12 AM

595 posts, read 2,723,412 times
Tyler is a wonderful town. I agree w/ GayleTX ...go back and look at the previous discussions on this board. Lot's of information! Then after reading it all....ask questions. There are several very knowledgeable people who are on this board all the time and will be happy to fill you in. As for me ...I live in the Lindale area which is north of Tyler by 10 miles.

Old 03-25-2009, 12:06 AM

2 posts, read 4,248 times
Default Thinking about moving to Tyler

Hi, I was considering relocating to Tyler coming from Oregon and I show horses and was wondering if there is any horse activity s there? Any help would be appreciated.

Old 03-25-2009, 05:40 PM

There is a lot of that type of activity in this area. I would just google that and put Tyler on the end...see what you come up with.

Old 03-25-2009, 08:46 PM

3,028 posts, read 5,088,095 times
Bella, did you have a chance to read my many posts on Tyler? As suggested just pull up Tyler and if you want - scan down for mine - I've answered most everything and more what you asked about. But will repeat if you still need. I know others may be bored with my repetition, you see, I'm pretty "positive" on the Tyler area. But will answer again if you like. Mark

Old 03-31-2009, 02:15 PM

1 posts, read 1,610 times
I am also from Oregon and involved rodeo and also thinking of moving to Tyler after graduation. Have you had any luck finding horse- related activities?

Old 03-31-2009, 03:05 PM

I found this....I don't know a lot about the subject...but this is located near my home.

Texas Horse Clinic Schedule
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Tyler