Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Tyler
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you like to live here?
Yes, Tyler is beautiful city full of potential! 82 38.68%
No, its a boring retirement town full of old people & no nightlife. 95 44.81%
Maybe, I would have to see more of it... 39 18.40%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 212. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 11:13 AM

3,028 posts, read 5,085,037 times

Advertisements

Chanteuse d' Opera - Texas bred - share more than just the "Hell No" why, have you lived here?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2010, 02:03 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,215,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlGreen View Post
it really makes no sense. i mean look at how many subforums other states that aren't half the size of texas have. and some of those barely have any activity
Yeah; how many times do we need to discuss Houston and Dallas and on top of that; it the same stupid ass questions. It's annoying.

Old 07-17-2010, 07:19 PM

9 posts, read 80,744 times
I Lived there over thirty years and will not move back.They have a Bad Drug problem.Growing up it was great .After I graduated it was Great too.It is very Beautiful,I still have land their that I am selling.Drugs,crime and peoples attitudes went to Hell in a Handbasket.Maybe all towns get that way after they reach a certain size.All I know is that it ait the same as when I was growing up and I will never move back.

Old 07-17-2010, 08:01 PM

816 posts, read 1,947,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T.Beebe View Post
I Lived there over thirty years and will not move back.They have a Bad Drug problem.Growing up it was great .After I graduated it was Great too.It is very Beautiful,I still have land their that I am selling.Drugs,crime and peoples attitudes went to Hell in a Handbasket.Maybe all towns get that way after they reach a certain size.All I know is that it ait the same as when I was growing up and I will never move back.
You obviously live in North Tyler.

Old 07-18-2010, 10:36 AM

No,Not Quite,I Went to Chapel Hill High,grad class of 1983.Where my kids also went to school and it has really gone into the crapper.I owned land by lake Tyler.I still have land in East Texas,close to Van,Tx.

Old 07-18-2010, 08:12 PM

816 posts, read 1,947,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T.Beebe View Post
No,Not Quite,I Went to Chapel Hill High,grad class of 1983.Where my kids also went to school and it has really gone into the crapper.I owned land by lake Tyler.I still have land in East Texas,close to Van,Tx.
Chapel Hill isn't that bad with crime but it's up there with North Tyler. South Tyler has a super low crime. Can't find the statistics but with altogether (North Tyler, South Tyler, Chapel Hill, Whitehouse, etc.), the crime is still low.

Old 07-18-2010, 09:44 PM

2,930 posts, read 5,272,017 times
The only part of Tyler TX I've seen was full of trees in a large park for my family reunion, which must have been on the outskirts. I was surprised when I learned there was a "town/city" with a couple of buildings. I definitely would need to see more of it!

Old 07-19-2010, 10:40 AM

T. Beebe, it's been thrity years since you have "lived" in Tyler. Chapell Hill is pretty far down the list on places to live in or near Tyler. I.S.D. not very good. But, once again you are way off on Tyler being worse or bad as compared to most any place else on crime or drugs. But again, Tyler is not a all bad as it comes to crime or drugs.

Now, miles outside of Tyler, in the true "sticks" way back in the trees, isolated, there are some meth labs. That just the way it is, anyplace you can "hide" from public notice. But hey, haven't you noticed the general decay of Americe in general in the last 30 years? Yes, Tyler would be involved in at least part of the overall decay.

Old 07-19-2010, 03:01 PM

It has been 1year and 10 months since I lived there.I wanted to get the Hell out of there.I felt it just wasnt the same anymore.I felt like peoplle were getting to be Rude and Drugs were getting worse there.I know there are a lot of places that are worse .I Do think it is Beautiful around there,I just think the caliber of people is going down.It is just an opinion.

Old 07-21-2010, 11:40 AM

T. Beebe. I understand and respect your opinion. Where did you move to?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Tyler