U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories
 [Register]
U.S. Territories Puerto Rico, Guam, U.S. Virgin Islands, etc.
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2019, 03:50 AM

1 posts, read 396 times

Advertisements

I see that some of llorens torres is condos? I also see bnb listings. How does
all that work with what has been described above. Thanks, --mike
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2019, 05:45 AM
aax

712 posts, read 318,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aab7855 View Post
I've only been on La Isla twice but I am fixing to move there.
Bad idea. Do you follow the news at all?

Old 03-22-2021, 12:45 PM

16,102 posts, read 38,616,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwiguitar View Post
PR is beautiful, good food and all but it's no means safe. Everyone that lives near the city, or in Ponce, is to some extent scared that they might get robbed, or shot , or raped. People won't outright say it, but they discuss it when with friends family. Most people affected by the violence would leave if they had money or the means.

While in USA it's harder to be accepted socially, due to separation between races (blacks live in one area, whites in other, indus in another, chinese in another ect.) people generally respect each other, and don't intentionally give you troubles.

In PR there's no such thing. Ppl only show respect to tourists or someone that could damage your paycheck (boss, co-worker, customer, someone related to your job). To other ppl, they will be rude and agressive for the slightest stupid things, and often just looking at someone will start a fight or they will yell at you "QUE MIRAS ******?" which means what you looking at, f$@er.

This is the truth that I see, the truth you can't make up. It's reality.
Ponce....I alway wondered what would make the city be like a San Juan or a high-murder rate Mainland City. It seems small and beautiful on google maps. But I've read that about Ponce a number of times though.

Old 03-26-2021, 01:22 PM
mym

636 posts, read 920,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
Ponce....I alway wondered what would make the city be like a San Juan or a high-murder rate Mainland City. It seems small and beautiful on google maps. But I've read that about Ponce a number of times though.
a significant amount of employment options 'disappeared' in the 70s from Ponce. by the end of the decade unemployment was at 25% in that town. and in the 80s came the cocaine. which led to the rise of the 'las avispas' gang which was very feared at that time.

Old 03-27-2021, 06:19 AM

16,102 posts, read 38,616,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mym View Post
a significant amount of employment options 'disappeared' in the 70s from Ponce. by the end of the decade unemployment was at 25% in that town. and in the 80s came the cocaine. which led to the rise of the 'las avispas' gang which was very feared at that time.
dang....that makes sense.

Old Today, 07:02 PM

124 posts, read 42,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger beer View Post
ponce....i alway wondered what would make the city be like a san juan or a high-murder rate mainland city. It seems small and beautiful on google maps. But i've read that about ponce a number of times though.
You sound really naive. How old are you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories