Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories
 [Register]
U.S. Territories Puerto Rico, Guam, U.S. Virgin Islands, etc.
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2010, 10:36 PM

56 posts, read 153,149 times

Advertisements

I do not want stupid internet arguments, BUT, I cannot believe anyone in PR can be bored. That is impossible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2010, 07:38 AM

355 posts, read 1,047,209 times
I guess it's more of my current state of mind. I hate driving and would like more of a walkable city. PR is many things but walkable. I hate discos and beaches as well, so those are a no no. So this mean that, for me to get "un-bored" I would have to drive everywhere. No thank you.

Let's just say that, for my specific case, PR is quite boring. I do understand why other people would find PR fun and hectic and a never-to-be-bored place. So, no arguments or hard feelings. I'm just saying, if you're looking for a place to live without a car, you'll have it tough in PR.

My definitive favorite thing about PR is the food. Oh man, I'm drooling already.

Old 08-25-2010, 10:22 AM

56 posts, read 153,149 times
wanna live without a car = old san juan.

Old 08-25-2010, 01:05 PM

238 posts, read 1,071,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by efrenb5 View Post
I guess it's more of my current state of mind. I hate driving and would like more of a walkable city. PR is many things but walkable. I hate discos and beaches as well, so those are a no no. So this mean that, for me to get "un-bored" I would have to drive everywhere. No thank you.

Let's just say that, for my specific case, PR is quite boring. I do understand why other people would find PR fun and hectic and a never-to-be-bored place. So, no arguments or hard feelings. I'm just saying, if you're looking for a place to live without a car, you'll have it tough in PR.

My definitive favorite thing about PR is the food. Oh man, I'm drooling already.
Also, I should note, if you want to live in a walkable place, why are you living in the suburb?

Santurce is really walkable and has excellent access to the mass transit. Like I said, if you don't like the beach or parties, then go admire architecture?

I don't really understand what you would qualify as entertainment. Movies? Santurce has 'em. I guess it has to do with living in the suburb. [b]The same problem would be confronted in the states.

Old 08-25-2010, 02:36 PM

I go to Santurce every now and then and find it way too urban. And Old San Juan isn't an option, don't like it either. Local public transportation isn't an option, I would be late to anywhere I want to go. Also, the traffic in both Santurce and Old San Juan sucks.

LOL It's interesting how I was born and raised here and despise the place. Maybe I'm just tired of the same old things? I've read that this happens to other people as well, they just want to leave the place where they were born because they are tired of it. Maybe I'll miss PR if I leave?

Old 08-25-2010, 06:58 PM

238 posts, read 1,071,583 times
I take public transit everywhere. It takes awhile on weekends I don't know why, PR really needs to be more open minded about transpo. I know tourists who try to use the bus system on weekends. Tourists are just as important as workers on weekdays.

But it seems you haven't given public transportation a chance or have preconceived notions about it. Give it a shot. I hope you're next experience is enjoyable, I always enjoy it.

But yeah, generally non-urban areas are not walkable.

Taking yet another shot:

Have you tried kayaking in Condado Lagoon?
Visited your local museum / art gallery?
Gone to Ponce lately?
Jumped off the docks in Crash Boat?
Taken a flight from Mayagüez to Ceiba?
Gone to Mona (not just beach, hiking, caves, old lighthouse, epic cliffs)?
La Parguera?
Those lesser-known nature reserves?

So many things, the only thing I don't have is time (and a car).

Old 08-26-2010, 08:02 AM

My wife uses public transportation all the time and is always complaining at all the delays all the time, specially on weekends as you pointed out.

Let me check those options.
"Have you tried kayaking in Condado Lagoon?" Hate anything water-based, period.
"Visited your local museum / art gallery?" This I've never tried. I'll check out which galleries are accessible and might give it a shot.
"Gone to Ponce lately?" Don't know what to do there. A couple of places for sight seeing, but nothing good enough to drive 1.5 hours for.
"Jumped off the docks in Crash Boat?" Jumped off? You want me to get killed? Way too afraid to do that.
"Taken a flight from Mayagüez to Ceiba?" Didn't know this was available. I'll write it down.
"Gone to Mona (not just beach, hiking, caves, old lighthouse, epic cliffs)?" Never been there.
"La Parguera?" Never been there.
"Those lesser-known nature reserves?" Which ones?

Huh, what do you know? There are a couple of places I could try out. Still, most of them require me to drive every time I want to experience them. I'm just tired of driving. I would like everything to be close or good transportation to take me there. At least those things will keep me occupied until I relocate.

Old 08-26-2010, 11:05 AM

1,554 posts, read 3,034,738 times
Doesn't sound like you ever gave Puerto Rico a chance.

Old 08-30-2010, 06:31 AM

1,995 posts, read 3,377,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sage1 View Post
Food, horrible tasting. What?? Of course too much fried food is unhealthy but in my opinion el lechón, pasteles, arroz con gandules, tostones, mofongo, guavas, mangos, bananas, plantains y many many of the other foods are very good. And the coffee...the best.

SNIP
I agree as to the bananas and the coffee. You can add coffee to my best list.

Old 08-30-2010, 10:13 AM

4,696 posts, read 7,893,838 times
Go see places like coffee in Jayuya....
Sometimes you are unhappy because inside you are unhappy. Look into yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories