U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories
 [Register]
U.S. Territories Puerto Rico, Guam, U.S. Virgin Islands, etc.
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2010, 11:17 AM

47 posts, read 77,168 times

Advertisements

I m planning to move soon to Puerto Rico.as a bilingual spanish-english and romanian .I do have 5 years Call Center experience ,customer service.I ve heard its really hard.to find a job.I ve been there few times,but i m serious about moving.I m coming for a visit within next couple of month.Im also putting aplications online ahead.
Any tips? I m looking to San Juan area.Maybe hotel,call center,any company ? Any of you succedeed in the moving process ? How about finding roomate or studio ?
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2010, 02:52 PM

3,206 posts, read 3,605,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxana10 View Post
as a bilingual spanish-english and romanian .
Bilingual Spanish/English/Romanian. . .

Hmmm!

Geez! Do you think that may possibly make you. . .TRILINGUAL!

Old 09-06-2010, 03:57 PM

Well,i cannot use romanian language that much around...

Old 09-06-2010, 05:11 PM

Well what do you think about life in Puerto Rico ?

Old 09-07-2010, 09:02 AM

353 posts, read 968,221 times
If you're planning to stick with customer support, you might not have such a hard time finding a job. As the other threads indicate, stick out of the projects and you should be fine. Plan to get a car, although the traffic sucks in many areas, public transportation is even worse.

You'll probably have to stick to the Metro Area, but as customer support you might find a job outside of it.

Also, keep in mind that PR has an 80+ temperature all year long (although I would swear the average is 90+). Depending on where you're moving from that might be a problem. And hope you like bugs and lizards, you'll live with them here.

Good luck with the move!

Old 09-07-2010, 11:11 AM

Thank you for your response.Yes,i have 5 years Customer Service Experience .Many people discourage me from my moving,but you have to take the chance.I m thinking about sticking to San Juan area because it may be more job oportunity and also i allways lived in the city.I m familiar with Ponce,but i think San Juan has more oportunities for me.as far as not being born in PR,i m not born in the US either but i ma US citizen Naturalized and i ve seen different nationalities in PR.Well,i do adapt well,and with Gods will hope i can find a job a head of time.
I m planning to come back for a visit ahead of time in november since i have not been there in more than a year.Thanks for giving me the heads up on job oportunity.Is San Juan a good area ?

Old 09-07-2010, 03:32 PM

353 posts, read 968,221 times
I guess it would depend of what you're expecting of San Juan. If you're looking at some night life you'll be hanging out a lot at Old San Juan. What exactly would you want where you want to live? Something like hobbies and such.

I'll try to give to 2 cents so will the other guys at the forum. Which strangely haven't posted here already. They should be back with more comments as well.

Old 09-07-2010, 04:47 PM

241 posts, read 980,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxana10 View Post
I m planning to move soon to Puerto Rico.as a bilingual spanish-english and romanian .I do have 5 years Call Center experience ,customer service.I ve heard its really hard.to find a job.I ve been there few times,but i m serious about moving.I m coming for a visit within next couple of month.Im also putting aplications online ahead.
Any tips? I m looking to San Juan area.Maybe hotel,call center,any company ? Any of you succedeed in the moving process ? How about finding roomate or studio ?
A brand new, just built studio, will go for $200,000, judging from Ciudadela and Atlantis pricing.

You can always post an ad online. Public transportation is great within the metropolitan area. Outside of it (in the suburbs), where people on this forum usually tend to prefer, it is almost nonexistent.

I might post some pics of those projects I mentioned here. You are the first person to post wanting to live in the city (right?) Congratulations! You are the kind of citizen I am looking for. Go cities!

I will post pics of Ciudadela.

Old 09-07-2010, 04:53 PM

241 posts, read 980,810 times
[size="4"]Ciudadela[/size]
Santurce

Nuevo Parque Urbano | Flickr - Photo Sharing! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/davsot/4963211772/ - broken link)

El Mundo de Ciudadela | Flickr - Photo Sharing! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/davsot/4963213634/ - broken link)

Torre de Ciudadela | Flickr - Photo Sharing! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/davsot/4962613563/ - broken link)

Penthouse

Lobby

Wave Art | Flickr - Photo Sharing! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/davsot/4962619763/ - broken link)

Old 09-07-2010, 06:18 PM

Well,i m very impressed that someone took interest in my add.Very beautiful apartments.Davesot are you living in Puerto Rico ? I have seen Dorado on your post .Seems like you are an interior designer or so.At first after i find a job,im looking to rent or to find a roomate before i estabilish and can afford to buy an apartment.
Are you guys puerto-ricans or have lived there ? I mean seems like you are both familiar with the island ?I would have moved long a go if people around would not discourage me.I m very fascinated about puerto rico,and yes i love Ponce however being in Customer Service,San juan gives me more of an optio job wise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories