Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories
 [Register]
U.S. Territories Puerto Rico, Guam, U.S. Virgin Islands, etc.
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2010, 02:33 PM

1,554 posts, read 3,032,252 times

Advertisements

I am flying to San Juan on Monday, November 8th. I am then driving to Rincon and staying there until I find a place to live in San German. I have driven this same San Juan-Rincon route before, and it took me about 3 hours by taking 22 and paying ALL THOSE TOLLS along the way, then taking Route 2 when 22 runs out in Arecibo from there through Aguadilla and on to Rincon. My question is, if I were to skip 22 all together and just stay on 2 heading from San Juan towards Bayamon and further west, how much longer would it take? I don't mean to criticize, but I'm just not used to paying all these tolls just ride on an expressway. I easily dropped $10 in quarters each way to ride on PR-22, which was fast, but wasn't that fast! If the difference would be less than an hour I might save my money.
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2010, 08:02 PM

101 posts, read 325,443 times
Just took 3 hours from SJU to Aguadilla, probably another hour to Rincon, and that was taking PR-22 Probably add another hour if you take 2 all the way. Traffic's brutal lately.

I think it's about 5 and a half bucks all told in tolls one way, maybe less. So is your time worth more than 5 bucks an hour, plus the wear and tear on yourself with all the stop and go traffic?

The drive from Arecibo to Aguadilla on 2 is bad enough, I can just imagine from San Juan to Aguadilla all the way on 2. As I remember it gets pretty dense in areas, and the turns here and there aren't well marked, making it easy to get lost.
Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories