Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories
 [Register]
U.S. Territories Puerto Rico, Guam, U.S. Virgin Islands, etc.
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2011, 07:22 AM
mym mym started this thread

706 posts, read 1,167,901 times

Advertisements

"Pero un día volveré"

well that dia is today. But only for two weeks.

empanadillas, mofongo con caldo y carne, medalla, vasos con pulpo, surullitos, medalla, chapin, mero, pinchos, rellenos, medalla

don q, ron del barrelito, sangria fido

alright my peoples, me fui
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2011, 04:22 PM

428 posts, read 1,393,964 times
Que rico! Enjoy.

Old 07-26-2011, 09:42 AM

3,556 posts, read 4,380,707 times
Some are on their way there. Others are on their way back from there.

I returned from Puerto Rico early this morning July 26 after a one week stay.

Was it hot? Heck yeah!

Was it humid? Extremely!

Did rain? Like crazy!

Was the trip worth it? Abso-freekin-lutely!

You can't go wrong with family, old friends, and new acquaintances. People there have a tendency of opening their homes and go out of their way to make you feel welcomed. But the best part was helping my 74 year old father with a few chores around his home, while his wife prepared delicious meals as the day progressed.

Aside from coastal towns, I visited San Sebastian which is a bit inland, a little cooler, and less populated. In all, my brief visit turned out as always, safe, crime free, enjoyable and relaxing. I felt a bit nostalgic and sad after emptying out and storing away my suitcase. I shall return!

Old 07-26-2011, 10:33 AM

4,696 posts, read 7,875,431 times
MYM> sounds good!!!

Old 08-10-2011, 03:32 PM

4,696 posts, read 7,875,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mym View Post
"Pero un día volveré"

well that dia is today. But only for two weeks.

empanadillas, mofongo con caldo y carne, medalla, vasos con pulpo, surullitos, medalla, chapin, mero, pinchos, rellenos, medalla

don q, ron del barrelito, sangria fido

alright my peoples, me fui
Did all of those plus some others, like Guavate el domingo.....

Old 08-11-2011, 11:01 AM

Im going in the next few weeks. Looking forward to eat in Toro Negro Forest. There's an area where they do arroz con gandules and lechon. All al carbon (charbroiled?). Yumm yumm.
The restaurant is inside the forest area and the view is pretty impressive. The weather is really cool at that altitude.
Oh PR can be sooo nice.

Old 08-11-2011, 02:22 PM

1,554 posts, read 3,017,217 times
There's a restaurant in Toro Negro? I don't remember anything outside of Villalba or Barranquitas...maybe you mean El Yunque, there are amenities there.

Old 08-11-2011, 09:06 PM
mym mym started this thread

706 posts, read 1,167,901 times
wepa

great time. i miss it already. i know it's hard to love the isla. the light goes out regularly. followed by water (didnt happen this time). or the phone lines goes dead. it rains so much your sheets feel wet when you lay down at night. but it is so beautiful. i showed my oldest daughter the milky way. i just pointed it out to her. we went to beaches: boqueron, crash boat, steps, sandy. we ate mofongo and empanadillas de pizza and pinchos and rellenos and camarones al ajillo. unos pinchos mas rico. collected sea glass. snorkeled at steps after the sharks had gone. drank so much medalla that theirs was the only stock to go up last week. ate at rex cream. saw charytin at the plaza de mayaguez.
i didnt do camuy. or the zoo. or la parguera. i forgot how to get to isabella to take them to jobos. 15 years ago i got stitched up in aguadilla because of jobos. i saw danny wilkins at the hospital that day. jobos has bad rip tides. be carefull there please.
chilled in las marias. saw an old friend's mama in anasco. you have to pay a visit to the old ladies every once in awhile.

and i spread my fathers ashes in el rio casey.

Old 08-12-2011, 06:16 PM

3,556 posts, read 4,380,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mym View Post
wepa

great time. i miss it already. i know it's hard to love the isla. the light goes out regularly. followed by water (didnt happen this time). or the phone lines goes dead. it rains so much your sheets feel wet when you lay down at night. but it is so beautiful. i showed my oldest daughter the milky way. i just pointed it out to her. we went to beaches: boqueron, crash boat, steps, sandy. we ate mofongo and empanadillas de pizza and pinchos and rellenos and camarones al ajillo. unos pinchos mas rico. collected sea glass. snorkeled at steps after the sharks had gone. drank so much medalla that theirs was the only stock to go up last week. ate at rex cream. saw charytin at the plaza de mayaguez.
i didnt do camuy. or the zoo. or la parguera. i forgot how to get to isabella to take them to jobos. 15 years ago i got stitched up in aguadilla because of jobos. i saw danny wilkins at the hospital that day. jobos has bad rip tides. be carefull there please.
chilled in las marias. saw an old friend's mama in anasco. you have to pay a visit to the old ladies every once in awhile.

and i spread my fathers ashes in el rio casey.
God bless you for your post. As I read it, I pictured myself or related to each and everyone of your descriptions. I'm familiar with most of the places you mentioned and the things you savored and enjoyed.

Like your father, I too want my ashes returned to the land of my birth.

Thank you for sharing.

Old 10-21-2011, 01:01 PM

aab, there is a restaurant in Toro Negro. Again, everything is charbrioled and its just delish.
(Great scenery included). Its been there for years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories