Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories
 [Register]
U.S. Territories Puerto Rico, Guam, U.S. Virgin Islands, etc.
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2013, 02:57 PM

139 posts, read 328,090 times

Advertisements

My stuff has been in storage in PR for about 10 months. I moved about 100 cubic feet / 700 lbs. It may have been less but the bill was for 100cf / 700 lbs. I moved 25 average size boxes.

I moved to PR from CA summer 2010 and moved back summer 2012. My stuff has been in storage and my original plan is not happening so I need to fly back to move my stuff.

I have probably the same amount or maybe a tad less. I have no furniture but one of the boxes was a bike which was very large and another was a printer and there were some other odd shaped boxes.

The company I used to ship was NOT very good. They canceled twice when they were supposed to up. My main contact would not always get back to me right away. And it is very nerve wracking when they have your stuff. Just the whole experience was awful.

Anyway I need a recommendation and not everyone ships to/from PR. And I don't have a ton of stuff. I can't use that barrel method because of the bike and my stuff in storage is already boxed.

So does anyone have any half way decent moving companies that move stuff to from San Juan. I don't care how long it takes. I live in the San Francisco Bay Area so the last time the stuff went be sea from SFO to somewhere in FL and then to SJU. It took about 5 or 6 weeks and with insurance I paid 856.00 which seemed really cheap to me.

Anyway I am flying back at the end of April and need to organize this. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2013, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldTravelingYogi View Post
So does anyone have any half way decent moving companies that move stuff to from San Juan.
Wow, I thought I would have a couple responses by now. Any referrals guys?

Old 03-29-2013, 09:51 AM

1,632 posts, read 1,849,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldTravelingYogi View Post
Wow, I thought I would have a couple responses by now. Any referrals guys?
I'm moving from Ct to Atlanta in August doing searches for movers, seems pods are the best way to go, I keep hearing about ABF-UPack, never hear of them before today, 3 rooms of furniture will cost me around 2,500 , storage over $300 , I'm sure they'll be hidden costs too, I'll need them to supply moving blankets too there site didnt mention , Each time my son moved before pods were used, he had stuff missing off the trucks every single time, his stuff was transferred from the first truck half way, it's wasn't packed the way it left his house ,

I plan on taking a photo of everything you load .

Old 03-29-2013, 11:17 AM

I just now finally received an email quote from ABF-UPack and it was for 3,900 bucks. I don't have furniture just boxes and it was 850 to move to PR and I have a bit less stuff now. That does not sound right.

It's so weird as I have filled out numerous forms and called companies the last 2 days and this is the only response I have received. I remember when I moved out I had a flooded in box of replies. I just don't understand why people don't want my business. When I call they say if I have already submitted a request then I just have to wait.

This is so weird.

Old 03-31-2013, 11:51 PM

5 posts, read 21,511 times
You need to check moving companies from PR. You can call ---Monti Moving & Storage phone 787-785-1823 or --La Rosa del Monte, PR office. If they don't shipp to CA, they can tell you another good company that does.

Old 04-01-2013, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinaFlorida View Post
You need to check moving companies from PR. You can call ---Monti Moving & Storage phone 787-785-1823 or --La Rosa del Monte, PR office. If they don't shipp to CA, they can tell you another good company that does.
Thanks Gina. It looks like the second company has an office in San Diego. So if they ship to San Diego then I am sure they would ship to San Francisco.

I was having the hardest time. It was so weird. Last time I was bombarded with quotes and now I can't get anyone to give me a quote. Even when I call they take my information and tell me someone will call me back and it never happens. Then I call back and they tell me I have to wait for someone to call me.

I have contacted over 15 companies and so far I have one quote of 4,000 USD when I moved even less stuff to PR for 850 USD. It was by sea and took 6 weeks but that is fine with me. I can't believe how hard it is to just be able to talk to someone who will help me.

I started this on Wed. I am hoping people were off for good friday and tomorrow I'll get a ton of calls and emails.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories