U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories
 [Register]
U.S. Territories Puerto Rico, Guam, U.S. Virgin Islands, etc.
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2013, 05:26 PM

917 posts, read 1,915,305 times

Advertisements

Hello, I've never been to PR before but I am planning a trip there for next month (hopefully!).

I'm debating between the sheraton in old san juan and the condado/ocean park area. The reviews for the sheraton mentioned how the location was great because there's restaurants/bars in OSJ but I found a guesthouse with really good reviews near ocean park and one thing that appealed to me was that it was blocks away from the beach.

If I stay in OSJ I will have to take the bus for 30 mins to the beach. I know the buses are cheap but I've read that they take a while to come.

If I stay in OP I would take the bus to visit OSJ anyway but if I stay in OSJ I can enjoy the nightlife and not worry so much about having to take a cab back to the guesthouse.

What would you recommend for someone who has never been to PR? I will be there for about 4 or 5 nights.

Still not sure if I want to see the biobay (is it viques?) or go to culebra for a day.

TIA.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2013, 07:55 PM

2,228 posts, read 3,425,631 times
I my vote goes to Condado. Beach is right there and plenty of nightlife in Condado. I love Old San Juan especially El Convento but no beach. I walked through OP and thought isolated. Also don't like the fact everything is all gated up. The beach in OP is nice but you will find yourself heading to Old San juan or Condado for stores and bars.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories