U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories
 [Register]
U.S. Territories Puerto Rico, Guam, U.S. Virgin Islands, etc.
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 11:10 AM

2,915 posts, read 4,018,111 times

Advertisements

Additional info regarding the adventures of my son and his fiancee on Saipan.

The least costly means of placing telephone calls from the island to the main-land is to purchase a land-line phone contract with unlimited long distance. This avoids the whole phone card and pre-paid cell plan arrangements.

We also do internet instant messaging with web cams for free, (not considering the cost of the cameras).

They attended a wedding show over the weekend. One of the nicer hotels on the island offers a package wedding plan including a four course meal, banquet room rental, cake, and limosine service. All for only $15 per person!

Yes, you read it correctly! A full wedding reception for a minimum of 30 guests will cost the couple on $450USD. And it is on a tropical island!

The only downside is the ~$2500 cost per guest to attend the event. But for the parents of the bride and groom, the cost of hosting the entire event, plus paying transportation for a limited number of important guests, may be less than a traditional wedding on the main-land.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2008, 11:19 AM

947 posts, read 3,302,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MI-Roger View Post
Additional info regarding the adventures of my son and his fiancee on Saipan.

The least costly means of placing telephone calls from the island to the main-land is to purchase a land-line phone contract with unlimited long distance. This avoids the whole phone card and pre-paid cell plan arrangements.

We also do internet instant messaging with web cams for free, (not considering the cost of the cameras).

They attended a wedding show over the weekend. One of the nicer hotels on the island offers a package wedding plan including a four course meal, banquet room rental, cake, and limosine service. All for only $15 per person!

Yes, you read it correctly! A full wedding reception for a minimum of 30 guests will cost the couple on $450USD. And it is on a tropical island!

The only downside is the ~$2500 cost per guest to attend the event. But for the parents of the bride and groom, the cost of hosting the entire event, plus paying transportation for a limited number of important guests, may be less than a traditional wedding on the main-land.
Well, if I can ever get married, I think I know where I'm headed, LOL!

Old 06-06-2008, 08:21 AM

13,112 posts, read 25,493,406 times
I'm following this saga with interest....maybe your son or his girlfriend can email you some pics to post

Old 06-19-2010, 11:07 PM

1 posts, read 1,812 times
I'm moving to Saipan in one month to work for the Attorney General. Any chance your son would be willing to show the new kid around town? I've done the research but still feel a little clueless on what to expect. Thanks. russlorfing@gmail.com

Old 06-21-2010, 05:44 AM

2,915 posts, read 4,018,111 times
I repled to your PM and asked my son and daughter-in-law to do the same.

Your family and mainland friends may want to set the following links as favorites during your internship on Saipan.

www.saipantribune.com/

www.mvariety.com/

Both are on-line links to local newspapers which will let those back in the "States" have a window into what you are experiencing on the Island.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories