Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories
 [Register]
U.S. Territories Puerto Rico, Guam, U.S. Virgin Islands, etc.
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2013, 09:41 AM

3,562 posts, read 4,395,705 times

Advertisements

. . . meanwhile, in Progressively Minded States of The US:

Portland's Pot Vote Could Make It A Gateway City For Maine : NPR
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2013, 09:56 AM

351 posts, read 370,441 times
Is that what you call the POT HEADS , progressively minded people? LMAO!

I see you have ignore the limiting of jobs people who smoke pot can get since that stays in your system for a long time and that will raise the people on welfare and the unemployment.......but don't let that fact get in the way just for a few pot heads of getting high and making it mainstream in the market.

Old 11-10-2013, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush99 View Post
Is that what you call the POT HEADS , progressively minded people? LMAO!

I see you have ignore the limiting of jobs people who smoke pot can get since that stays in your system for a long time and that will raise the people on welfare and the unemployment.......but don't let that fact get in the way just for a few pot heads of getting high and making it mainstream in the market.
It's a matter of - and about - having the freedom of choice. While I personally have no intention of indulging in MJ smoking at this stage of my life, who am I to deny others the option to smoke if they choose to? It isn't my place to deny others the choice and freedom to smoke MJ if they want to.

Giving people the choice to smoke MJ is also about realizing that, the more you deny and prohibit people from accessing "something," the more they are going to want it! It's human nature. We most want what is often prohibited. As we all know, when something is "prohibited," there will always be someone out there willing to provide that "something" for a very high profit.

Finally, life is progressive and moves forward, not backwards. What was unacceptable yesterday, has a tendency of being acceptable today and vise-versa. For example, segregation was acceptable just a few yesterdays ago. Not so any more. Conversely, inter-racial marriages and same-sex marriages were unacceptable just a few yesterdays ago. Thankfully, that is no longer the case.

Given these undeniable trends and facts, it would be fair to conclude that MJ will someday be as mainstream as alcohol consumption.

Last edited by Sunscape; 11-12-2013 at 03:37 AM..

Old 11-10-2013, 05:28 PM

choices have consequences.

one more time, you ignore my question. If pot stays in your system for a long time and the majority of employers drug test, wouldn't that raise unemployment and the welfare roles since it limit the options for the pot heads?......who is going to carry that burden?

nevermind that addiction in the country will go up.....lets stick with the jobs. If most employers drug test, tell me how pot heads will find a job and keep a job and tell me who is going to pay the welfare and addiction help for them?

how about teenagers in the schools, if POT is legal and mainstream, tell me how is the government is going to keep pot off the schools?

if you can answer that then you can talk to me about freedom....because with freedom comes personal responsibility.

Old 11-10-2013, 08:14 PM

Quote:
choices have consequences.

1. one more time, you ignore my question. If pot stays in your system for a long time and the majority of employers drug test, wouldn't that raise unemployment and the welfare roles since it limit the options for the pot heads?......who is going to carry that burden?

2. nevermind that addiction in the country will go up.....lets stick with the jobs. If most employers drug test, tell me how pot heads will find a job and keep a job and tell me who is going to pay the welfare and addiction help for them?

3. how about teenagers in the schools, if POT is legal and mainstream, tell me how is the government is going to keep pot off the schools?

if you can answer that then you can talk to me about freedom....because with freedom comes personal responsibility.
Oh, that's pretty easy:

1. When MJ is legalized, acceptable traces of THC in the blood stream will be established. So, smoking MJ during the weekend would be no different from having a few drinks with friends. As like now, one must be well and sober by Monday morning before showing up for work. If you were drug tested and came up positive for MJ, then the question becomes, "when was the MJ ingested?" If it was ingested right before work, you will have a problem. If it was proven to have been ingested days before, then any arguments and charges are unsustainable.

2. See answer #1.

3. How will gov't keep MJ out of schools? Question: How do school districts, teaching staff, parents and other students currently keep booze out of schools? Answer: Sometimes it is well accomplished. Other times not. When someone in school is caught with booze usually, the student is suspended for a period of time and the parents are notified. Would be no different when caught with MJ.

Old 11-10-2013, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chacho_keva View Post
Oh, that's pretty easy:

1. When MJ is legalized, acceptable traces of THC in the blood stream will be established. So, smoking MJ during the weekend would be no different from having a few drinks with friends. As like now, one must be well and sober by Monday morning before showing up for work. If you were drug tested and came up positive for MJ, then the question becomes, "when was the MJ ingested?" If it was ingested right before work, you will have a problem. If it was proven to have been ingested days before, then any arguments and charges are unsustainable.

2. See answer #1.

3. How will gov't keep MJ out of schools? Question: How do school districts, teaching staff, parents and other students currently keep booze out of schools? Answer: Sometimes it is well accomplished. Other times not. When someone in school is caught with booze usually, the student is suspended for a period of time and the parents are notified. Would be no different when caught with MJ.

On a Urine Drug Test, THC will appear as a positive within 2-5 hours of use. :
  • One Time User may show positive for 1-6 days
  • Moderate User may show positive for 7-13 days
  • Frequent User may show positive for 15 or more days
  • Heavy User may show positive for 30 or more days
  • Some Heavy Pot Smokers have reported being positive 45-90 days after quitting
a urine test cannot tell how much or when you did the drug. That kills your theory.

Employers don't care if you smoked dope on Friday or Monday or 1 joint or 30 joints. They cared that you failed the drug test and violated their drug policy and they will not hire an applicant or will fire an employee that fails a drug test and the Supreme Court of the land ruled employers have that right.

Again, you are not living reality. Unless you get a LEGAL waiver from ALL employers that they can't drug test their employees or refuse work or fire an employee because they fail a dope test then I have no idea how you going to make pot legal and mainstream and make it work with reality.

Old 11-10-2013, 08:41 PM

well you open the can of worms........

you are comparing apples and oranges........ Making POT legal and mainstream affects directly the economy and jobs since the majority of employers have drug test and drug policies and they have a right under the law to not hire a worker who fails a drug test or fire an employee who fails a drug test.

Unless you can get a legal waiver or put it in the constitution that smoking pot is a RIGHT then making pot legal will raise unemployment and raise welfare, since the government have to take care of POT HEADS who can't get a job or keep a job because they will fail any drug testing.

Last edited by Sunscape; 11-12-2013 at 03:40 AM..

Old 11-10-2013, 08:49 PM

by the way, I strongly believe all WELFARE recipients should be drug tested to receive handouts.

If the people that work have to be drug tested to work and pay taxes for the people on welfare, so should welfare recipients.

Old 11-10-2013, 09:02 PM

More facts: Main reasons why the majority of employers have a drug policy and testing:

• To qualify for workers' compensation discounts. Many states offer employers a discount on their workers' compensation insurance premiums if they take certain steps to maintain a drug-free workplace, which may include testing job applicants.
  • To avoid legal liability. If an intoxicated employee harms someone on the job, the employer could be legally liable for those injuries. Workplace drug and alcohol use may also violate OSHA and state occupational safety laws.
  • To maintain productivity and save money. According to the federal government, drug and alcohol use takes a toll on the American workplace. Problems relating to drug and alcohol abuse cost $80 billion in lost productivity in a single year. Employees who use drugs are three times more likely to be late to work, more than three-and-a-half times more likely to be involved in a workplace accident, and five times more likely to file a workers' compensation claim.

also the employers can keep the health care premiums down and their cost down if they keep a drug free workplace.

Again, if they make pot legal and mainstream and addiction rises, how is this good for the economy and jobs?......you know it will be a mess so why open the can of worms?

Old 11-11-2013, 01:04 PM

Quote:
On a Urine Drug Test, THC will appear as a positive within 2-5 hours of use. :
  • One Time User may show positive for 1-6 days
  • Moderate User may show positive for 7-13 days
  • Frequent User may show positive for 15 or more days
  • Heavy User may show positive for 30 or more days
  • Some Heavy Pot Smokers have reported being positive 45-90 days after quitting
a urine test cannot tell how much or when you did the drug. That kills your theory.

Employers don't care if you smoked dope on Friday or Monday or 1 joint or 30 joints. They cared that you failed the drug test and violated their drug policy and they will not hire an applicant or will fire an employee that fails a drug test and the Supreme Court of the land ruled employers have that right.

Again, you are not living reality. Unless you get a LEGAL waiver from ALL employers that they can't drug test their employees or refuse work or fire an employee because they fail a dope test then I have no idea how you going to make pot legal and mainstream and make it work with reality.
In reference to the above underlined statement, and how that works in a state (i.e., California) with Medicinal MJ laws, an employer cannot fire an employee with elevated THC levels if that employee has a Medicinal MJ license. If the employee is suspected of being under the influence at work, the employer has the obligation to conduct a urinalysis on said employee to determine if he/she was under the influence while at work.

Also, supervising employees are responsible for determining if a fellow worker is under the influence. Many years ago, I personally had to assess the condition of 3 co-workers when a bag of MJ was found on site. None of my co-workers displayed symptoms of being high. After the assessment, I filled out a report which was sent to mid management. The decision was made to have everyone tested the next day. We all turned up negative for THC and a whole host of other substances.

For the time being, it will fall upon states like California and Colorado to establish acceptable norms re: blood THC concentrations and to determine what is allowable and what is not. It's just a matter of time.

Be well!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories