U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories
 [Register]
U.S. Territories Puerto Rico, Guam, U.S. Virgin Islands, etc.
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2011, 09:41 PM

958 posts, read 1,294,225 times

Advertisements

Puerto Rico is nowhere near 70% White, unless you consider Puerto Ricans that look like this for example to be White.

If that is what you consider to be White, than yeah Puerto Rico is 70% White.

Old 05-14-2011, 10:29 PM

55 posts, read 265,166 times
Mestizo Colombians

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnQTEOsYkgI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0mjTZ8myyw

http://www.aleida.net/festivals/colo...010/index.html
http://www.aleida.net/festivals/colo...010/index.html
http://www.aleida.net/festivals/hisp...09_016-600.jpg
http://www.aleida.net/festivals/hisp...y2010x072.html

Last edited by ColombianaBoricua; 05-14-2011 at 10:58 PM.. Reason: my links didn't fit it correctly

Old 05-15-2011, 10:51 AM

686 posts, read 1,554,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColombianaBoricua View Post
dude, i have family in colombia, i've been visiting colombia frequently every year since i was in the womb. i even lived there at one point. you went to colombia once, to a predominantly euro city, you cannot say the demographics of the WHOLE country is wrong because you have no idea about the rest of colombia. looking at pictures and videos of colombians is so irrelevant, nobody is going to take you seriously when your only proof to back up your statement is pictures and videos. like i said, i know colombia and the blacks there are greatly varied. mostly mulattos, but plenty of zambos and full blacks. also note that you can't tell a person's racial mix just by looking at them. theres a lot of mulattos who take after their african genes physically and there's some that take after their european genes. and most colombian mestizos only have a little bit of black blood but the native/white mix heavily outnumbers the african presence in their DNA. fact. and like i said, if you seen some studies that back up your beliefs, i wanna see for myself. until then, your still incorrect.

Exactly, couldn't have said it better myself.

Old 05-15-2011, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adirondackguy123 View Post
Wrong again, I even brought up links to back what I'm saying, everyone else on here is telling you your wrong.

once again afro Colombians make up around 20% of the population, and yes Mestizo's in Colombia are the majority because the majority of Colombians are mainly Amerindian/white mixed, not mulattos. Native ancestry is predominate over african for most Colombians the same with most Venezuelans.

All the Hondurans you know are probably Garifunas and their a very small portion of Honduras's population among the Indio-mestizo majority.

Source please stop talking you just sound ridiculous.
yeah, i agree. i think he's confusing colombian mestizos for mulattos or triracials because colombian mestizos have a little bit more african presence in their dna compared to mexicans or central americans (whose african presence is pretty much null). but seriously, colombian mestizos have no more than 10 or 15% african blood. it's really tiny. the indigenous and white components greatly outnumber the african component. i think colombian mestizos have a little bit more white in them which is why you'll see a lot of fair and eurocentric looking mestizos, but it really depends on which city your in. you can be in one city and see a lot of euro looking mestizos and in another one, you'll see more native looking mestizos. most of the mestizos i know and have encountered look like an even mix of both native and white ancestry.

Old 05-15-2011, 11:27 AM

686 posts, read 1,554,930 times
Quote:
yeah, i agree. i think he's confusing colombian mestizos for mulattos or triracials because colombian mestizos have a little bit more african presence in their dna compared to mexicans or central americans (whose african presence is pretty much null). but seriously, colombian mestizos have no more than 10 or 15% african blood. it's really tiny. the indigenous and white components greatly outnumber the african component. i think colombian mestizos have a little bit more white in them which is why you'll see a lot of fair and eurocentric looking mestizos, but it really depends on which city your in. you can be in one city and see a lot of euro looking mestizos and in another one, you'll see more native looking mestizos. most of the mestizos i know and have encountered look like an even mix of both native and white ancestry.

Yeah I agree about Colombia's mestizo's being whiter than say Central americans/Mexicans or Ecuadorians, And for african admixture in Mestizos is probably between 1-10%, The Mestizo majority remained for the most part isolated in the andean Mountains away from the afro population.

Old 05-15-2011, 11:36 AM

958 posts, read 1,294,225 times
Quote:
African presence in Central America is null. You never heard of Panama and Belize.

Old 05-15-2011, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Blood View Post
African presence in Central America is null. You never heard of Panama and Belize.
Compared to South America. And I guess I should've excluded Panama,. Nicaragua, and Belize from my statement, but really other than those 3 countries, African blood/presence is null in the majority native/mestizo countries Honduras, Guatemala, El Salvador, and Costa Rica (majority white/mestizo).

Old 05-15-2011, 12:22 PM

16,130 posts, read 19,080,792 times
If Alicia Keys can be black,

Then this Puerto Rican girl can be White.

<edit: and by the way, DAAYYYYYUM, on both of them!>

Old 05-15-2011, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adirondackguy123 View Post
Yeah I agree about Colombia's mestizo's being whiter than say Central americans/Mexicans or Ecuadorians, And for african admixture in Mestizos is probably between 1-10%, The Mestizo majority remained for the most part isolated in the andean Mountains away from the afro population.
yeah mexicans, central americans, and ecuadorian mestizos are mostly over half native american, the rest being euro ancestry. i think on average colombians mestizos are slightly over half white (55-60% euro) and 40-45% native and whatevers left (1-10%) is african. mestizos and blacks rarely mixed after colonial times due to lack of communication.

Old 05-15-2011, 11:14 PM

1,384 posts, read 2,828,835 times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or