Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories
 [Register]
U.S. Territories Puerto Rico, Guam, U.S. Virgin Islands, etc.
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2011, 09:51 AM

55 posts, read 299,652 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by adirondackguy123 View Post
Jut stop talking cause your wrong again, 50-60% euro 40% native and 1-10% african, Native and euro ancestry is predominate for most Colombians, And most Colombians are Mestizos not mulattos, get your facts straight, And once again afro Colombians are around 20-25% of the people.

Heres a dna test of Antioquia 69% euro, 25% native, 6% african
http://ukpmc.ac.uk/articles/PMC14643...6B411D67A.jvm4

Source you aboviously have no Idea of what your talking about because you've been wrong about everything you said so far.
And the test on PR I showed you is actualy pretty accurate, and theres no way you disprove that test And so far I've brought plenty of evidence to back up what I'm saying, you have not.
yeah, antioquia is very castizo.

Old 05-16-2011, 09:58 AM

686 posts, read 1,698,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColombianaBoricua View Post
i'm not trying to downgrade the black population, that's not my goal. the black population is large in colombia compared to other latin american countries. but your trying to imply that colombia is a 50/50 white & black country, mestizos don't exist or that they're mulattos/triracials and that is a flat out lie and everyone from colombia will tell you the same thing. i can tell you've never even visited colombia because most of the things you speak of is false. i don't know why your trying to act as if you know more about colombia than i do and i've travelled extensively throughout colombia since i was a child! looking at pictures of afro colombians isn't the whole afro colombian community. we don't all look the same and if you did visit colombia like you claim, you'd see that we're very diverse and come in all colors and certainly don't all look the same. the closest you've been to the afro colombian community is looking at pics online so please don't talk about act like your an expert now. you haven't provided ANY proof to back up any of your claims. you purposely dodged my request for proof that puerto rico is 50% black, you don't have any links or info proving that colombian mestizos are mulattos/triracials, and you don't have any proof proving that colombia is a 50/50 black/white country. you've been spewing false info without any backup.

Well said, I've even gave him multiple limks proving him wrong,

links like this
Dna test of PR shownig Pr's to be very tri racial around 63% euro, 21% afro, 15% Native.
History Shaped the Geographic Distribution of Genomic Admixture in Puerto Rico

Dna test on Antioquia, showing them to be mainly Euro predominant mestizo or castizo, 69% euro, 25% native and only 6% afro.
http://ukpmc.ac.uk/articles/PMC14643...9B4F87122.jvm4
Colombia's ethic groups. This proves the Mestizo majority and the afro minority were pretty much isolated from each other, one in the mountains and one on the coasts.
Colombia - RACE AND ETHNICITY

Old 05-16-2011, 10:31 AM

Quote:

links like this
Dna test of PR shownig Pr's to be very tri racial around 63% euro, 21% afro, 15% Native.

Dna test on Antioquia, showing them to be mainly Euro predominant mestizo or castizo, 69% euro, 25% native and only 6% afro.
http://ukpmc.ac.uk/articles/PMC14643...9B4F87122.jvm4
Colombia's ethic groups. This proves the Mestizo majority and the afro minority were pretty much isolated from each other, one in the mountains and one on the coasts.
yeah puerto rico is mostly triracial and colombia is mostly biracial (mestizo, mulatto, zambo) with sizeable castizo/white and black populations.

Old 05-16-2011, 10:32 AM

Quote:

links like this

Admixture dynamics in Hispanics: A shift in the nuclear genetic ancestry of a South American... - UKPMC Article - UK PubMed Central
yeah puerto rico is mostly triracial (euro, black, taino) and colombia is mostly biracial (mestizo, mulatto, zambo) with sizeable castizo/white and black minorities.

Old 05-16-2011, 02:11 PM

-70%like I said, the average colombian mestizo is about 40-50% native american, 50-60% euro, and around 1-10% african. Afro colombians vary. some can be pure or predominantly african, but most are of mixed euro or indian blood or even multiracial. whites/castizos are around 65 70% euro 25-30% native american 1-10% african

Old 05-16-2011, 02:56 PM

Quote:
-70%like I said, the average colombian mestizo is about 40-50% native american, 50-60% euro, and around 1-10% african. Afro colombians vary. some can be pure or predominantly african, but most are of mixed euro or indian blood or even multiracial. whites/castizos are around 65 70% euro 25-30% native american 1-10% african
Agreed, This test shows Medellin at 65% euro, 25% native and 9% african, also shows other Colombian cities as well that show even more of a mestizo mix.

See table s2
PLoS Genetics: Geographic Patterns of Genome Admixture in Latin American Mestizos

Old 05-16-2011, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Agreed, This test shows Medellin at 65% euro, 25% native and 9% african, also shows other Colombian cities as well that show even more of a mestizo mix.

See table s2
PLoS Genetics: Geographic Patterns of Genome Admixture in Latin American Mestizos
thanks for the link. very interesting

Old 05-16-2011, 07:56 PM

Quote:
have you seen every afro colombian to say we all look the same??? thats ignorant. you've never been to colombia and you know nothing about colombia so quit trying to push all this BS down our throats and actually listen to what we have to say. i know colombia dude and you act like you know more than me? like really? wtf? and most mestizos barely have over 5% african blood. a couple of my (mestizo) colombian friends participated in genetic testing for colombian americans none of them had african blood over 10%. this is what the majority of their genetic background looked like: around 40-50% native american, 50-60% euro, and an average of 6% african component. a few of my afro colombian friends participated as well and they had no more than 70% african blood. they were all either mulatto or multiracial.

It's no use arguing with him he's obviously delusional.

Anyways, so your Puerto rican and Colombian mixed?, Where in PR and Colombia are both sides are of your family from?

My moms side is from Orocovis PR.

Old 05-16-2011, 08:16 PM

Quote:
It's no use arguing with him he's obviously delusional.

Anyways, so your Puerto rican and Colombian mixed?, Where in PR and Colombia are both sides are of your family from?

My moms side is from Orocovis PR.
my mom's fam is from Fajardo PR and my dad is from Santa Marta Colombia.

Fajardo

Santa Marta

Old 05-16-2011, 08:21 PM

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories