Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories
 [Register]
U.S. Territories Puerto Rico, Guam, U.S. Virgin Islands, etc.
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2014, 02:21 PM

87 posts, read 147,826 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by clip314 View Post
1. I think you've gotten the info screwed up.
2. The lady was asking for a bilingual school for her HDHD child and a poster responded that bilingual schools with special ed. services are difficult to come by, if so. Most free special ed schools are populated by the poor, and if public, they are possibly the worst schools where kids are basically baby sat all day and education is questionable.
3. I understand the ladys dilema, but she seems to have been mis-informed thinking that coming to Puerto Rico things would be different from the U.S..
4. Its a pity this has to be this way, but that's the American way!
1. I think you might have things "screwed up"
2. I was the poster that said that I knew of no private schools with special education programs. And you stated " Bilingual schools cost $$$$$$$, a lot of money!" , which is not true. If you are not informed in the area, maybe skip that post.
3. Really, you understand the ladys (sic) dilema (sic) , because she is mis-informed (sic)? She never said she was informed about anything.
4. If you hate the US, why did you stay there for all of your adult life?

You stated "In my previous work I had to deal with dispelling fantasies and having people come down to reality, not perpetuating unrealistic thoughts." Since you mentioned work, what is it that you did?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2014, 05:41 PM

529 posts, read 1,086,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chikooeste View Post
1. I think you might have things "screwed up"
2. I was the poster that said that I knew of no private schools with special education programs. And you stated " Bilingual schools cost $$$$$$$, a lot of money!" , which is not true. If you are not informed in the area, maybe skip that post.
3. Really, you understand the ladys (sic) dilema (sic) , because she is mis-informed (sic)? She never said she was informed about anything.
4. If you hate the US, why did you stay there for all of your adult life?

You stated "In my previous work I had to deal with dispelling fantasies and having people come down to reality, not perpetuating unrealistic thoughts." Since you mentioned work, what is it that you did?
There you go again. In Puerto Rico you'd be called an "averiguao" a busy body. I know for a fact that excellent bilingual schools are very expensive, I know from experience. Yes the lady was not informed and wanted info which nobody gave her to solve her problem. I assume she was looking for public facilities, which are few and far in between, if any. Tell the woman the truth and don't beat around the bush.
Hate the U.S? Lived my life in the US? If this isn't personal, then what do you call it!

Old 04-19-2014, 06:25 PM

87 posts, read 147,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clip314 View Post
Hate the U.S? Lived my life in the US? If this isn't personal, then what do you call it!
You keep mentioning these things. You talk about previous work experience in this thread , but when I ask what you did, you say that is personal info. You allude to having personal experience with private schools, but won't say what it was. I don't think you have experience with private schools or Unis in PR or the US.

You mentioned many times on the welcome to Puerto Rico blog ( or something like that) that you lived for over 30 years in the US, and you keep referring people from there to this bog. If it is personal info, don't write about it on the Internet.

If you weren't always writing bad things about the US, I wouldn't ask about your US experience.

I did tell her the truth, read my post.

Old 04-20-2014, 01:58 PM

107 posts, read 301,488 times
Did anyone answer the poster's question? I believe these forums sometimes get carried away with "correcting" another person that the whole point to the post is forgotten in pointless arguments back and forth. Ugh.

Anyhow, here is a valuable link: ColegiosdePR.com :: Directorio de Colegios Privados en Puerto Rico, Colegios Privados Puerto Rico, Colegios Puerto Rico, Colegios PR On that site, you may look up any private school in any city (go to pueblo) in Puerto Rico. Schools are identified as bilingial, English or Spanish only, and contact information is provided. Very useful resource for parents as nearly all private schools are listed.

In Arecibo, I found the Arecibo Christian Academy. Good luck !!!!

Last edited by boricuarosa; 04-20-2014 at 02:37 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories