Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories
 [Register]
U.S. Territories Puerto Rico, Guam, U.S. Virgin Islands, etc.
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2014, 08:00 AM

2,228 posts, read 3,689,421 times

Advertisements

How this whole thread has been hijacked by you and your 2 cohorts is hysterical. #1, Where do you think I got the phrase X Pat from? You think that's a phrase used here in the States or NYC? I was called that about 6 years ago on route 2 east on my way to Rincon. I stopped on 2 to get a pincho from a street vendor. This is pre Iphone and I asked how far to Rincon/Isabella. The vendor speaking to his his partners said a lot of x pats and gringo's vive ayi. Secondly, What about the phrase Ny'er Rican was another phrase said to me by the Islanders not up here. Thirdly, watch the show Caribbean Life on the Travel channel. What do they call folks from the states relocating to different countries in the Caribbean, X Pats. So the fact that you are calling me a racist is lunacy and bordering on some form of dementia. Also it seems with your snarky comment about "White People being able to afford that Jesuit HS" shows me your true colors. Thank God, in the 30 plus times visiting the island that I have not encountered you and your ilk. best of luck moving forward.

Old 05-16-2014, 09:22 AM

12,030 posts, read 9,341,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwood Boy View Post
How this whole thread has been hijacked by you and your 2 cohorts is hysterical. #1, Where do you think I got the phrase X Pat from? You think that's a phrase used here in the States or NYC? I was called that about 6 years ago on route 2 east on my way to Rincon. I stopped on 2 to get a pincho from a street vendor. This is pre Iphone and I asked how far to Rincon/Isabella. The vendor speaking to his his partners said a lot of x pats and gringo's vive ayi. Secondly, What about the phrase Ny'er Rican was another phrase said to me by the Islanders not up here. Thirdly, watch the show Caribbean Life on the Travel channel. What do they call folks from the states relocating to different countries in the Caribbean, X Pats. So the fact that you are calling me a racist is lunacy and bordering on some form of dementia. Also it seems with your snarky comment about "White People being able to afford that Jesuit HS" shows me your true colors. Thank God, in the 30 plus times visiting the island that I have not encountered you and your ilk. best of luck moving forward.
You did not grow in PR. However, I admire you for trying to get the the culture.

There is no concern from my part regarding the race of American people. A gringo can be black or white, no big deal.

And you are correct, we are hijacking the thread.

Old 05-16-2014, 11:31 AM

355 posts, read 716,959 times
The thread went off track when something was pointed out to you and you chose not to consider a perspective other than your own… since several folks picked up on what appears to be color/race bias in your message then perhaps there's something to it, even if it was unintentional. As far as the use of expat goes, the definition below is as it is taught in english speaking schools.

Definition of 'Expatriate

An individual living in a country other than their country of citizenship, often temporarily and for work reasons. An expatriate can also be an individual who has relinquished citizenship in their home country to become a citizen of another. If your employer sends you from your job in its New York office to work for an extended period in its London office, once you are in London, you would be considered an expatriate or "expat."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories