Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories
 [Register]
U.S. Territories Puerto Rico, Guam, U.S. Virgin Islands, etc.
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2014, 01:57 PM

23 posts, read 60,006 times

Advertisements

My preliminary(ish) visit to Adjuntas will be in January and it occurred to me that I don't know what public transportation is like on the island. In Costa Rica, buses run all over the country and every 30th car that passes on the road is a taxi so it is super easy and cheap to get almost anywhere. I won't know a soul in Puerto Rico so no friends or family to help. Are there taxis at the airport that will take me to Adjuntas or will I need to plan on staying in San Juan for a few days till I can find a suitable car? How do car-less people generally get around?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2014, 07:42 AM

23 posts, read 60,006 times
I was under the impression that public transportation is almost non existent and taxi service was sparse outside the metro area. This concerned me because I am going from the airport to Adjuntas. Apparently there is no need to worry, according to the PuertoRicoRevealed website. The "Getting Around Puerto Rico" link details the costs associated with the different locations on the island. It is expensive but doable. Personally, I think I'll be buying a car when I land but I'll include the prices for the mountain area that I found on the PuertoRicoRevealed website. The website also says, "You definitely have to call ahead and set it up. Their phone number is: 1-800-866-7827 or Puerto Rico Tourist Taxi Website (cabspr.com).".

Cordillera Central Mountain Range
Aibonito $88.00
Adjuntas $147.00
Maricao $160.00

I hope this helps someone else!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories