U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories
 [Register]
U.S. Territories Puerto Rico, Guam, U.S. Virgin Islands, etc.
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2015, 09:04 PM

3,775 posts, read 6,336,266 times

Advertisements

I went about 6 months ago, spending most of my time near Fajarado. I highly recommend walking around old San Juan, El Yunque (one of my favorite things we did), a flight from Ceiba (or another other airport) to Culebra Island for a day on the beach at Flamenco (only $44 one-way flight + $3 taxi ride to the beach, definitely one of our most memorable parts of the trip), a trip to the west to Cueva Ventana (fun, not necessary, but fun - not as good as El Yunque) and finally, I very much enjoyed the kioskos near Luquillo Beach. The beach isn't very nice but the food choices are bountiful (there are some 45 different kioskos).

Of my list, I'd trip Cueva Ventana if you couldn't mix it all in. One thing I elected not to do was the Bioluminescent Bay which appears to be overrated and in some cases, non-existent, based on reviews that I read before we went.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2018, 05:37 AM

86,562 posts, read 84,000,537 times
well it is now almost aug 2018 and quite a while since the storms . is most of the island restored at this point and enough of the popular areas to make it worth going ?
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2018, 07:58 PM

4,573 posts, read 7,015,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unPescador View Post
We found a condo in Rio Mar (part of the Westin complex) that we rented through VRBO/Homeaway that worked out really well. Very nice place with beach and pool access, golf cart, gated w/security, close to El Yunque, Farjardo and only an hour out of San Juan. The link is one example, there are a lot of other listing on VRBO and Homeaway.

PH Villa @ Wyndham Rio Mar - Amazing Views... - HomeAway Rio Mar #169224
This is nice, Pescador.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories