U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories
 [Register]
U.S. Territories Puerto Rico, Guam, U.S. Virgin Islands, etc.
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2011, 06:44 PM

31 posts, read 153,042 times

Advertisements

Yeah I'm a Puerto Rican from Chicago Illinios.. Yeah I agree 100 percent the Puerto Rican community here is deteriorating, its getting alot smaller, Humboldt Park and Logan Square is becoming more and more gentrified by the day. There was once a time long ago, when you could walk down the street and see Puerto Rican stores all down the street, with many people speaking the Boricua Spanish. But not anymore, most families I know have moved away..

Dominicans who move to the Island are workers, I believe that its alot better for Puerto Rico to have Dominican immigrants than the Asian, and American immigrants, because Dominicans are very alike to Puerto Ricans. Its also very good for PRs economy. Im not saying I'm for it, but I don't have deep feelings against it.
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2011, 10:26 AM

2 posts, read 3,310 times
How can you compared those dirty haitians with dominicans. I imagine if PR was full of haitians how you would sympathize with us, people from haiti dont like to work, they are criminals well not all of them but the 99.9999999% of them

Old 02-14-2011, 07:37 AM

1,221 posts, read 2,130,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theExtraordinaryTeen View Post
How can you compared those dirty haitians with dominicans. I imagine if PR was full of haitians how you would sympathize with us, people from haiti dont like to work, they are criminals well not all of them but the 99.9999999% of them
Wow...

You sound like the people I had to deal with in Puerto Plata who told me not to talk to Haitians because they would put a voodoo curse on me. 99.9% criminals huh? Well if you ask me it's pretty criminal to have slavery in the 21st century...check the sugar cane fields... You know I feel for the plight of any poor migrant without papers, but frankly after living in PR I'm sick and tired of Dominicans coming here and expecting to get theirs and be treated the same and then treat Haitians at home like animals. And the same goes for Mexicans to Central Americans. This world seems like it's only getting more saturated with ignorant, hypocritical, cafre people.

Old 02-14-2011, 10:04 AM

355 posts, read 617,175 times
Quote:
After reading this post I had to wonder if the writer is "trolling" for a reaction from other readers. Who knows, but there are people out there who live their lives with these prejudices and there isn't much we can do about it but hope that a little life experience teaches them that we truly are one people and it's a thin line that separates those that "have" from those that "have not". Someday this young writer will hopefully open his/her eyes and view the world with a wider perspective possibly looking back at the struggles and hardships their ancestors met when they immigrated to a new and foreign land. Remember that between 1920 and 1960 when thousands of Puertorrequños immigrated to NYC they were viewed by the residents in this same manner. Were they correct in their prejudices?

Our frame of reference, the window from which we see the world is not the same piece of glass everyone looks though. Paz -

Old 02-14-2011, 03:51 PM

2,879 posts, read 3,416,574 times
Quote:
This is just un-freekin believable! That's exactly what Boricuas say about Dominicans!

Old 02-16-2011, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chacho_keva View Post
This is just un-freekin believable! That's exactly what Boricuas say about Dominicans!
What the hell, not all Boricua I personally don't hate Dominicans, and Im not mad that they coming into the Island, I'm more pissed that Mexicans, Americans, and Asians come over. Because usually the Dominicans move to the U.S. after a few years or back to D.R. even if they stay, they are culturally and ethically very close to us. But the Asians, and other Hispanics, and Americans who come in, don't leave, they have nothing to do with Puerto Rican history culture.

I personally believe all immigration is bad to Puerto Rico, because Puerto Rico is so small and it can get overpopulate way to quickly. But its more important that we get Asians, Americans, and Mexicans off the Island before Dominicans.

Old 02-16-2011, 08:55 PM

355 posts, read 617,175 times
Are Americans from Chicago included in your exclusion plan?

01-21-2011, 05:30 PM
James_Carmona

13 posts, read 3,269 times

Are you proud to say that you are from Illinois? (Chicago: live, move to)

"I'm proud but I'm not cocky or ignorant about it. I'm more proud to be from Chicago, I don't really say Illinios. But yeah I'm proud that I was born and raised in good old windy Chicago."

Old 02-16-2011, 09:18 PM

2,879 posts, read 3,416,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unPescador View Post
Are Americans from Chicago included in your exclusion plan?

01-21-2011, 05:30 PM
James_Carmona

13 posts, read 3,269 times

Are you proud to say that you are from Illinois? (Chicago: live, move to)

"I'm proud but I'm not cocky or ignorant about it. I'm more proud to be from Chicago, I don't really say Illinios. But yeah I'm proud that I was born and raised in good old windy Chicago."
HA! HA! HA! I'm gonna have to borrow my own phrase again. . .This is just un-freekin believable!

I got a good laugh outta this one!

Good investigative work Pescador!

Old 02-17-2011, 12:10 PM

1,221 posts, read 2,130,969 times
Mexicans in Puerto Rico??? That's something I just haven't seen/heard of. And to my knowledge all of the Asians here have been here quite some time, making them as Boricua as anyone else, despite their difference in looks.

Old 02-17-2011, 05:15 PM

Lol, yeah I'm from Chicago, I'm Puerto Rican though, Ive been to the Island many times.

Yeah there are Mexicans and other Central and South Americans in PR. The Asians aren't really boricua, although, but 10 percent of Puerto Rico right now I think is non Puerto Rican, the Dominicans aren't even counted since a lot of them are illegal. My true view on this subject is that I think there shouldn't be that much immigration to Puerto Rico since we are such a small Island to begin with, any major immigrations will overpopulate the Island.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories