Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories
 [Register]
U.S. Territories Puerto Rico, Guam, U.S. Virgin Islands, etc.
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2010, 01:03 AM

5,720 posts, read 19,990,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by puertora1 View Post
OH MY GOD, I DON'T HAVE ANYTHING AGAINST THEM BUT THEY ARE MAKING THE ISLAND REALLY BAD, THE DOMINICANS THAT GOES TO THE ISLAND ARE THE BAD ONES, POOR ONES. THEY STEAL, THEY ARE POOR, THEY Want benefit and they even have prostitution there. bars and drugs. This is a subject that has no end. la culpa es de la gente en P.R por ayudarlos y dejarlos alli. I had meat boricuas who get marry to them just for the papers, come on people we are good but no es para tanto. despues que nosotros los boricuas los ayudamos y ellos se mudan paara U.S hablan mierda de nosotros. in a few years we won't have an island. U.S need to take action and take ALL immigrants off the island, poor island is so bad right not due to them. And the funny part is they don't want haitianos in santo domingo but then they come to my island? WTF? I will start writing letters to the president to please help and take all those immigrants back to santo domingo. I prefer to see the island off the map than to see it full of dominicans. La isla esta bien mala y la gente no puede vivir con ellos por eso se van. PLEASE BORICUAS IS OUR ISLAND DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT OR IT WILL BE TOO LATE

DOMINICANS GET OUT OF PUERTO RICO, GO BACK TO UR COUNTRY, IT IS PRETTY BIG. LEAVE US ALONG. LEAVE US ALONG. leave my island along.
Get off you're high horse. Puerto Ricans are some of the most violent, drug addicted felons in the world. Look no further than the crime rate in Puerto Rico....which is off the charts. Yet the beautiful Island of Santo Domingo was pretty safe in comparison. So whose the criminals? Don't get me started on the Nuyoricans....what was it...1 out of every 3 NR males in NYC gets locked up? And everywhere I go I see a crackhead NR...

This is one Dominican you won't catch dead in PR. The Dominicans there are there to better themselves...they wont waste anytime in sayin pa la mierdaa con lo bori...

yaaaaa
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2010, 02:55 AM

11 posts, read 29,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
...The Dominicans there are there to better themselves...
Why can't they better themselves in the DR? As corrupt as it is, a massive unified group will go much farther than running away to some foreign island. Risking one's life traveling to and in Puerto Rico is not much of an answer. It's defeatism.

Old 01-16-2010, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burt Macklin View Post
Why can't they better themselves in the DR? As corrupt as it is, a massive unified group will go much farther than running away to some foreign island. Risking one's life traveling to and in Puerto Rico is not much of an answer. It's defeatism.
I can't speak for them but it's the same reason everyone immigrates to the US.

Opportunity I guess.

Old 01-16-2010, 03:21 PM

1,087 posts, read 1,938,225 times
Quote:
I can't speak for them but it's the same reason everyone immigrates to the US.

Opportunity I guess.
I have traveled to Puerto Rico and Domincan Republic and been through local native residence areas in both, they are equally beautiful in mountainous/beach landscapes, but living conditions and poor infrastructure in Dominican Republic are very depressed outside tourist zones. Both have poor areas that are riddled with crime and poverty but Puerto Rico is not anywhere near the despair of the Dominican Republic, hence, the primary reason for the mass exodus.

Old 01-17-2010, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaotix View Post
I have traveled to Puerto Rico and Domincan Republic and been through local native residence areas in both, they are equally beautiful in mountainous/beach landscapes, but living conditions and poor infrastructure in Dominican Republic are very depressed outside tourist zones. Both have poor areas that are riddled with crime and poverty but Puerto Rico is not anywhere near the despair of the Dominican Republic, hence, the primary reason for the mass exodus.
If Puerto Rico wasn't a US common wealth, I gurantee that they'd be just as bad if not worse than the Dominican. Actually taking many things into account, Dominican Republic is doing well. Puerto Rico's crime rate is way higher, you can google search this.

But that is probably the main reason for the immigration.

Old 01-17-2010, 01:53 PM

1,087 posts, read 1,938,225 times
Quote:
If Puerto Rico wasn't a US common wealth, I gurantee that they'd be just as bad if not worse than the Dominican. Actually taking many things into account, Dominican Republic is doing well. Puerto Rico's crime rate is way higher, you can google search this.

But that is probably the main reason for the immigration.
I never felt unsafe in either country. I do think that crime statistics are misleading as they reflect the entire country and not individual cities/towns. Larger populous areas generally tend to have higher crime but most cities and towns in these countries crime is very low and/or non-existent.

Last edited by chaotix; 01-17-2010 at 02:21 PM..

Old 01-17-2010, 02:12 PM

1,659 posts, read 2,767,415 times
Quote:
OH MY GOD, I DON'T HAVE ANYTHING AGAINST THEM BUT THEY ARE MAKING THE ISLAND REALLY BAD, THE DOMINICANS THAT GOES TO THE ISLAND ARE THE BAD ONES, POOR ONES. THEY STEAL, THEY ARE POOR, THEY Want benefit and they even have prostitution there. bars and drugs. This is a subject that has no end. la culpa es de la gente en P.R por ayudarlos y dejarlos alli. I had meat boricuas who get marry to them just for the papers, come on people we are good but no es para tanto. despues que nosotros los boricuas los ayudamos y ellos se mudan paara U.S hablan mierda de nosotros. in a few years we won't have an island. U.S need to take action and take ALL immigrants off the island, poor island is so bad right not due to them. And the funny part is they don't want haitianos in santo domingo but then they come to my island? WTF? I will start writing letters to the president to please help and take all those immigrants back to santo domingo. I prefer to see the island off the map than to see it full of dominicans. La isla esta bien mala y la gente no puede vivir con ellos por eso se van. PLEASE BORICUAS IS OUR ISLAND DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT OR IT WILL BE TOO LATE

DOMINICANS GET OUT OF PUERTO RICO, GO BACK TO UR COUNTRY, IT IS PRETTY BIG. LEAVE US ALONG. LEAVE US ALONG. leave my island along.
Bienvenido a Nuevo Orden del Mundo! In other words, Welcome to the New World Order. Insourcing and outsourcing are the things to do. I suspect nothing short of renewed nationalism across the globe can turn back the tide.

Old 01-24-2010, 01:50 PM

445 posts, read 1,068,514 times
Quote:

Wow.

Old 01-24-2010, 01:54 PM

445 posts, read 1,068,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burt Macklin View Post
The same could be asked of Mexicans. I think someone else said it best. Opportunity and, to that I add,ahem, proximity.

Old 02-20-2010, 10:43 AM

67 posts, read 177,027 times
Default send em bacl

I personally think the dominicans should be sent back to their country.. domincans don't belong in Puerto Rico......that's just my opnion..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories