Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories
 [Register]
U.S. Territories Puerto Rico, Guam, U.S. Virgin Islands, etc.
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2015, 07:45 AM

7,800 posts, read 10,106,357 times

Advertisements

Labor laws in Puerto Rico have to be revised - Caribbean Business

Very good article, Puerto Rico's labor laws are out of control. They make New York look like Texas in comparison. People can sit back and scream all they want about the Federal minimum wage of the Jones Act shipping laws but the fact is that much of this economic crisis is of Puerto Rico's own making. Too many overly generous labor & employment laws that go well beyond the established Federal mandates.

It's time for some changes on the Enchanted Island ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2015, 11:21 AM

3,562 posts, read 4,395,122 times
Great article!

Time for us Puerto Ricans to face something called "REALITY."

As I've jokingly said over the years, there are 301 holidays in Puerto Rico. The other 64 days are weekends. At least, that's the way it felt like when I lived there.

¡El party finalmente se acabo!

Time to get to work . . . like the rest of HUMANITY.

But of course, before I get royally corrected, let me not forget to mention that jobs must be created before people can get to work . . . like the rest of humanity. That aside, it is also time to widdle down the generous maternity, vacation, Xmas bonuses, etc. that workers [often] unmeritoriously receive.

Last edited by chacho_keva; 08-06-2015 at 11:30 AM..

Old 08-06-2015, 03:23 PM

7,800 posts, read 10,106,357 times
Sadly I doubt the current administration will do much since labor unions, teachers, and public sector employees make up a huge portion of their voter base. I don't understand why so many people in Puerto Rico are opposed to common sense fixes ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories