Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories
 [Register]
U.S. Territories Puerto Rico, Guam, U.S. Virgin Islands, etc.
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2016, 08:47 PM

165 posts, read 194,667 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pman View Post
Americans move all the time and is almost entirely populated by people who either left their homeland or whose ancestors left their homeland for better opportunities.

And Puerto Rico will become an Island of Foreigners. The good thing is the Island still has a bright future. Puerto Ricans don't. They already lost their Island and they are still oblivious about it.

Old 05-08-2016, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
Closed privatized lands? Huh? What?

Puerto Rico and Hawaii are two completely different places with very different circumstances. I know independenistas like to spin the Hawaii tale as a means of frightening people but Hawaii is not Puerto Rico. The native Hawaiians were outnumbered long before Hawaii was even annexed by the US in 1898. Puerto Ricans will always be the majority in Puerto Rico.

No they won't. And just wait till the electric and water shortages start. You're in denial.

Old 05-08-2016, 09:00 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,271,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taquito View Post
A piece of advice. Prepare yourself psychologically for what's to come. Most Puerto Ricans will eventually hate the US when they see Rich Americans and Foreigners enjoying the closed privatized lands in the most beautiful areas in Puerto Rico while they shove snow in the States. With no way or reason to go back. Your blood will boil, I know my people. It will be a lesson to Puerto Ricans who blindly trusted their little Island to foreigners. Lesson one in life: TRUST NO ONE. Love the place you were born in above all things like Americans do.

is there a Federal Law that prohibits Puerto Ricans to own their own Real Estate anywhere in the 50 states and U.S. territories?

you still with this mentality of us against them from the Albizu days? Puerto Ricans can come to the 50 states and buy properties but Americans who are not native to P.R. can't do the same in P.R.?.....explain that logic?

I don't mind shoveling snow, good exercise and I have great views!

Old 05-08-2016, 09:04 PM

Quote:
And Puerto Rico will become an Island of Foreigners. The good thing is the Island still has a bright future. Puerto Ricans don't. They already lost their Island and they are still oblivious about it.

you know you can by property in Puerto Rico if you like and move down there......many properties on the market and is a buyers market right now, so what are you waiting for? or you just like to complain on your computer.

In Bayamon on the street I was raised, there are 3 houses on sale.....bargain prices.....go ahead and buy them and keep it 100% Puerto Rican! La Raza baby!

you know if a White American said the same thing you said, he would be labeled a racist.

Old 05-08-2016, 10:05 PM

Quote:
I'm sure you looove shoveling snow Hellion1999. I bet most Puerto Ricans will love it as much as you do.

there is nothing to it....mowing the lawn in the hot humid Puerto Rican weather is a tougher task....if you can handle that you can handle shoveling snow for a few minutes.

I have done both, shovel snow in my driveway and sidewalk in winter and mow the lawn in Puerto Rico with the mosquitoes biting you and the sticky hot weather.......snow is better.

even dogs love it!

Last edited by Hellion1999; 05-08-2016 at 10:27 PM..

Old 05-09-2016, 09:56 AM

Who wants to move to a beautiful Tropical Island when you can have mountains of snow and cold? Duh!

Old 05-09-2016, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Who wants to move to a beautiful Tropical Island when you can have mountains of snow and cold? Duh!

like they say in Latin: “De gustibus non est disputandum”.....it means: "In matters of taste, there can be no disputes"

Some people like tropical islands to live or just for vacation.........some people like the mountains, snow, lots of space between you and your neighbors and the 4 change of seasons, like me.

I didn't think much of Alaska until I was stationed there with the military and loved the outdoors and fishing.......the world is a beautiful place, Puerto Rico is not the center of the universe.

Old 05-09-2016, 11:51 AM

7,800 posts, read 10,107,338 times
Quote:
No they won't. And just wait till the electric and water shortages start. You're in denial.
Roughly 3,300,000 people live in Puerto Rico ... less than 30,000 of them are Anglos (aka "Gringos"). I am not too god with math but I think the numbers indicate that there would have to be the biggest and fastest population migration in recorded history to outnumber the Puerto Ricans. Not even Stalin was able to do "population transfers" on that scale ....

Old 05-09-2016, 01:10 PM

Why live in a Tropical Island full of beaches, sun and sand when you can live in The warm Alaska? Hellion1999 mentality is exactly the type of mentality that many puerto ricans (Specially Pro Statehood) have. A cancer that has been mining Puerto Rico for far too long. People who think anyplace anywhere is better than their own, specially those who think or see the US as the better place. It's impossible for a place to grow and develop with half of the population thinking this way. Only feeling comfortable at the shadow of the US.

Puerto Ricans will learn the hard way what they had and took for granted when the Island gets emptied and then refilled with people who will make the best out of the Island. Puerto Rico will be repopulated with people who really think PR is the center of the Universe and take care of it and enjoy it to the fullest while most puerto rican watch in the States. You never know what you have until you lost it forever. Because of their own stupidity.

PR is not the center of the Universe, meanwhile you're here posting about Puerto Rico when you abandoned the Island for a supposed better place. Why are you here then?

Old 05-09-2016, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
Roughly 3,300,000 people live in Puerto Rico ... less than 30,000 of them are Anglos (aka "Gringos"). I am not too god with math but I think the numbers indicate that there would have to be the biggest and fastest population migration in recorded history to outnumber the Puerto Ricans. Not even Stalin was able to do "population transfers" on that scale ....

You don't need to know math or be a rocket scientist to estimate how quickly the Island will be emptied. It will only take around six years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories