Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories
 [Register]
U.S. Territories Puerto Rico, Guam, U.S. Virgin Islands, etc.
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2017, 08:27 AM

5,680 posts, read 11,539,296 times

Advertisements

We visited Guam a few yrs ago and of course enjoyed placid Tumon Bay at our resort. We did a half-day trip to Ritidian Beach, and while it was spectacularly beautiful, it was very windy, so surf was stirring the water up. This was in July.

We really want to return. Is there a time of year when the waters off Ritidian tend to be calmer & clearer?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2017, 12:30 PM

549 posts, read 722,044 times
You're probably not going to get many responses as Guam tends to be somewhat of a lost child in the world.

It looks like July, August and Sep normally have the lowest windspeeds throughout the year.

Check it out here: Agana, Guam Travel Weather Averages (Weatherbase)

The avg windspeed is at the very bottom of the page.

Old 03-09-2017, 02:44 PM

5,680 posts, read 11,539,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Dat View Post
You're probably not going to get many responses as Guam tends to be somewhat of a lost child in the world.

It looks like July, August and Sep normally have the lowest windspeeds throughout the year.

Thanks! Maybe we'll have a day where winds are calm or at least blowing offshore.

Old 03-09-2017, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Made_it_To_the_Metroplex View Post
Thanks! Maybe we'll have a day where winds are calm or at least blowing offshore.
I hope you do get some decent days with little wind or rain. I love Guam but unfortunately have only been there a handful of times and all of those trips were short.

Old 03-09-2017, 07:46 PM

903 posts, read 862,286 times
Be careful at that beach. It is not family friendly due to the current. It's crazy beautiful though! I lived in Guam for 5 years. Ritidian was one of the nicest beaches off base. Since you're asked my about "clear" water, I'm guessing you're looking at snorkeling. Try Gun Beach instead. That seems to be the spot for Rays. There a public beach access by Jimmy Dees on Agana Bay. I've done some awesome snorkeling out last Alupat Island but I was always tied to my kayak. Wind and current can be killers out there. Try some night snorkeling for Lion fish.

Old 03-20-2017, 01:46 PM

2,088 posts, read 1,970,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Dat View Post

The problem with July, August, and Sept is that it is rainy Season and Typhoon Season (although technically Typhoon season lasts all year in the tropics). The rain and clouds during rainy season decrease water visibility. So it is a bit of a trade-off with rain vs more Tradewinds.

Old 03-24-2017, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texamichiforniasota View Post
The problem with July, August, and Sept is that it is rainy Season and Typhoon Season (although technically Typhoon season lasts all year in the tropics). The rain and clouds during rainy season decrease water visibility. So it is a bit of a trade-off with rain vs more Tradewinds.
Good point, I didn't even factor that aspect in.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories