Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories
 [Register]
U.S. Territories Puerto Rico, Guam, U.S. Virgin Islands, etc.
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2017, 09:00 AM

10,227 posts, read 16,819,013 times

Advertisements

advice: don't worry about status, worry about rebuilding the economy and eliminating political corruption on the island. these are necessary regardless of status.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2017, 09:06 AM

165 posts, read 194,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
If statehood does not comply with Federal policy why did Acting Deputy US Attorney General Dana Boente allow it on the ballot? Boente clearly stated that free association as defined by the Soberanistas is not an option so then why did he remove that option and not statehood if allowing Puerto Rico to become a state is not government policy?

Because they need Puerto Ricans divided as usual for what they're about to do. That's the oldest stratagem in the book and the most used by the US. The US will always be one step ahead of you.

Old 04-19-2017, 11:21 AM

7,800 posts, read 10,106,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taquito View Post
Because they need Puerto Ricans divided as usual for what they're about to do. That's the oldest stratagem in the book and the most used by the US. The US will always be one step ahead of you.
You think this is some kind of secret plot? I have news for you; as one congressman recently stated, they can't even manage to pass a resolution honoring Mother's Day. Aint no way in hades they can come up with any kind of secret plot to keep Puerto Rico in it's present territorial status. They can't even find their male anatomy in a phone booth!

Old 04-19-2017, 01:46 PM

The referendum is cancelled. You're gonna have to find another way to Statehood, but this referendum is not happening. That's the point.

Old 04-19-2017, 03:34 PM

Quote:
The referendum is cancelled. You're gonna have to find another way to Statehood, but this referendum is not happening. That's the point.
Nobody cancelled it, the colonialists and separatists got butthurt that (once again) their options would lose so they boycotted.

The PIP and the PDP are the two sides of the same colonialist coin. The "Junte Soberanista" is a total farce, a bunch of melons that support the colonial status quo.

Old 04-19-2017, 06:08 PM

1,616 posts, read 1,807,735 times
Quote:
You don't get it. The Plebiscite has been debunked by the United States. For the second time. You're just desperately grasping to your side of reality for your own Sanity. I never said the US didn't wanted PR because they are racist why are you using it as if it was my logic. I never said that, it has nothing to do with race. It's simply common sense. You really need to calm yourself down Hellion.
lol Ricans are mostly blanquito especially on the norte side. The race is never the issue so idk what they talking abt. its the way the government works and other things

Old 04-20-2017, 04:31 AM

Quote:
Nobody cancelled it.

The United States of America cancelled it. Didn't you get the Memo? Seriously!

Old 04-20-2017, 10:00 AM

Quote:
The United States of America cancelled it. Didn't you get the Memo? Seriously!
Insisting on the inclusion of the current territorial status as an option is not the same as cancelling it. Are you really this dense?

Old 04-20-2017, 10:48 AM

11,046 posts, read 5,270,624 times
Quote:
You don't get it. The Plebiscite has been debunked by the United States. For the second time. You're just desperately grasping to your side of reality for your own Sanity. I never said the US didn't wanted PR because they are racist why are you using it as if it was my logic. I never said that, it has nothing to do with race. It's simply common sense. You really need to calm yourself down Hellion.

its simply common sense????? LMAO....this is coming from you that believes that the U.S. government wants every Puerto Rican out of the island so the government can sell properties to rich Americans and make the island into a permanent time share.....you call that common sense?

I always been on record that as long that the political powers in the island are divided and confusing the public with lies and fairy tales that statehood is not coming soon. The U.S. government has other things on their plate to deal with than the political culture in the island which resembles Banana Republics.......when there is a great majority demand in the island for statehood then the U.S. congress will take them seriously. You are the one that takes this personal.....I'm 46 years old and I have lived in the island during the 70's and 80's and I already know the political game in the island and know the outcome before it begins, you act like you are discovering the moon or something.

by the way, thanks for your little personal message in my account and you say I need to calm myself down? LOL

Old 04-20-2017, 12:27 PM

529 posts, read 1,086,798 times
Quote:
If statehood does not comply with Federal policy why did Acting Deputy US Attorney General Dana Boente allow it on the ballot? Boente clearly stated that free association as defined by the Soberanistas is not an option so then why did he remove that option and not statehood if allowing Puerto Rico to become a state is not government policy?

It's imple: statehood is a status option open to Puerto Ricans along with retaining the current territorial status which Populares misleadingly call ELA to mask it's colonial reality. Independence is also a valid status option as well ... although I think it stopped being viable in the 1930s/40s thanks to Luis Munoz Marin, Blanton Winship, and Rexford Tugwell.

Colonial people NEVER HAVE SOLVED their status by votes. Can some one here name one who has? What should interest us here is, HOW DOES A PUERTO RICAN STATE FIT INTO THE NATIONAL INTERESTS OF THE UNITED STATES. If no one knows how to answer this question then its about time Congress and Puerto Rican statehooders let go and not let American tax payers holding this useless bag of welfare recipients. For those of you who think this post is harsh, think , " about 52% of the people in Puerto Rico are on the dole. The rest work with do nothing government jobs or with federal jobs interviewing folks for more welfare".

If after a hundred years of American rule Puerto Rican's haven't learned to swim with the sharks, like all other nations large or small have had to do, I don't think Americans should get stuck for eternity with this white elephant. On top of that, as a state, granting it more representatives than 26 white states is ludicrous. That's not how politics work.

Last edited by Sunscape; 04-25-2017 at 06:21 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories