Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories
 [Register]
U.S. Territories Puerto Rico, Guam, U.S. Virgin Islands, etc.
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2017, 02:27 AM

8,572 posts, read 8,530,357 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
Yeah, that makes sense, 63 million Americans and 30 states voted for Trump because of the abortion and gay marriage issues when Trump didn't run on those things.

.?
You were screaming about how blacks love Trump. I told you that the usual nutcases who vote GOP because they hate gays and abortions did.

Please leave blacks out of your Trump praises and GOP lunacy. We hate them both!

And don't chat about irrational blacks who have this unusual notion of US racism because Tim Scott the black GOP senator can describe how racism works and expressed his disappointment in how Trump praised white racists.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ism/584217001/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2017, 03:33 AM

11,046 posts, read 5,266,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribny View Post
You were screaming about how blacks love Trump. I told you that the usual nutcases who vote GOP because they hate gays and abortions did.

Please leave blacks out of your Trump praises and GOP lunacy. We hate them both!

And don't chat about irrational blacks who have this unusual notion of US racism because Tim Scott the black GOP senator can describe how racism works and expressed his disappointment in how Trump praised white racists.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ism/584217001/

I didn't say that, let me try again cause you missed the bus....I said before Trump ran for President, all the blacks that dealt with him got along fine with him and said positive things in public about him from Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton and many black artists and black athletes.....the moment he ran as the Republican Candidate and went against the Democrat party then all of the sudden he became a Hitler, Nazi and a racist......the same thing they did to Romney, Mccain, W Bush, Bush Sr. and Reagan......see a pattern?

Tim Scott is clueless, he basically said to please his black base, "All Mr Trump needs is some black friends.. Right? .. Just go hang out with some and you'll be 'fixed' Mr Trump".. ....Brilliant..

Old 10-15-2017, 04:35 PM

8,572 posts, read 8,530,357 times
Quote:
ITim Scott is clueless, he basically said to please his black base, "All Mr Trump needs is some black friends.. Right? .. Just go hang out with some and you'll be 'fixed' Mr Trump".. ....Brilliant..
Tim Scott doesn't have a black base. Try again. If he depended on black votes he would be a DEMOCRATIC senator, not one representing the GOP.

Old 10-15-2017, 07:48 PM

355 posts, read 716,740 times
Seriously, if anyone is “On Notice” it’s Trump.

Fake News is supposed to be rampant , the only fake news I see are reports of Trumps strong base and a shot at a second term. I’m expecting the men in white scrubs will be walking him out of the White House by Christmas (ok, wishful thinking). But seriously, he’s definetly the one on notice, backroom meetings are taking place in DC discussing whether he is mentally competent enough to continue as POTUS.

Old 10-15-2017, 08:00 PM

Quote:
backroom meetings are taking place in DC discussing whether he is mentally competent enough to continue as POTUS.

talk about fake news.......and you know this how?

Old 10-16-2017, 12:11 PM

7,800 posts, read 10,102,524 times
Quote:
talk about fake news.......and you know this how?
Sen. Bob Corker more or less said so last weekend. He was quite clear that nearly every Republican senator (with a few exceptions) believes that Trump is demented and needs to go.

Old 10-16-2017, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
Sen. Bob Corker more or less said so last weekend. He was quite clear that nearly every Republican senator (with a few exceptions) believes that Trump is demented and needs to go.

he never said anything of that kind.........this is politics......Bob Corker is for the IRAN DEAL (he was part of the making of that awful deal) and Trump isn't.
the same reason Bob Corker decided NOT to run for re-election, the people of his state don't want him back.

but if Bobbie Corker thinks Trump is "demented" he should do his duty and open impeachment hearings with evidence on the Senate floor since you say "other" Senators feel the same way.

Old 10-17-2017, 07:25 AM

50,339 posts, read 63,906,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribny View Post
Am I a taxpayer on the US mainland supposed to support PR until the leaves grow back when PR residents pay income tax to their OWN government and not to the IRS?

Why aren't PR residents asking about what THEIR government is doing with that money?
I think they know, but the corruption is way too pervasive. 78 separate factions, all only interested in their own self promotion.

Old 10-17-2017, 09:16 AM

1,834 posts, read 2,694,042 times
PR had serious financial issues long before Trump. The President is simply stating the obvious. FYI The USA is out of money, we had to borrow to help Texas. The future of PR depends on the people there and how they want to be. These islands are exposed to storms regularly.

Old 10-17-2017, 09:19 AM

3,142 posts, read 2,043,923 times
Quote:
I didn't say that, let me try again cause you missed the bus....I said before Trump ran for President, all the blacks that dealt with him got along fine with him and said positive things in public about him from Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton and many black artists and black athletes.....the moment he ran as the Republican Candidate and went against the Democrat party then all of the sudden he became a Hitler, Nazi and a racist......the same thing they did to Romney, Mccain, W Bush, Bush Sr. and Reagan......see a pattern?

Tim Scott is clueless, he basically said to please his black base, "All Mr Trump needs is some black friends.. Right? .. Just go hang out with some and you'll be 'fixed' Mr Trump".. ....Brilliant..
Please don't insult us by spreading this revisionist, patently false propaganda. Trump has long been disliked by a lot of the black community, especially those of us that have paid attention to him. I've disliked him since his Apprentice days (struck me as a weak-minded blowhard) and I have family from NY and NJ that have disliked him far longer than that for his historical bigotry.

And yes, Trump has a long history of bigotry. Some examples:

"Mexicans are robbers and rapists, but I'm sure some of them are nice people." - 2016
Jumping to conclusions about the guilt of the Central Park Five and demanding they get the death penalty prior to the completion of the trial. - 1989
"There were some very fine people on both sides." - 2017
Sued by the Nixon Administration for violating the Fair Housing Act and refusing to negotiate rentals due to reasons of race. - 1973
Suggested a Native American tribe doesn't look like Indians to him. - 2015
Expressed that "laziness is a trait in blacks". - 1991
Compared Syrian refugees to snakes. - 2017
Insisted Judge Gonzalo Curiel couldn't do his job due to being a "Mexican judge". - 2016
Insisted President Obama was born in Kenya and was one of the primary pushers of the false birther movement. - 2011-2016
Declared that President Obama founded ISIS. - 2016

So please, you are within your rights to have your opinion, but please don't insult the rest of our intelligence by trying to push this drivel about "Blacks loved him before and hate him now because the Democrats told them to do so." It's intellectually lazy, false, and propagandist.

We think for ourselves, and many of us have been paying attention to Donald Trump for a very long time. We know exactly who he is and it's no surprise that he's now scapegoating Puerto Rico. He never said a word about the island's mismanagement or debt before, because he didn't care before it was politically expedient to scapegoat the island.

In my opinion, the man is trash. Luckily, we will soon be rid of this cancer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories