Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories
 [Register]
U.S. Territories Puerto Rico, Guam, U.S. Virgin Islands, etc.
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2017, 04:23 PM

355 posts, read 716,740 times

Advertisements

If Pseudo Rican isn't a word it should be.

Old 10-14-2017, 04:32 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,266,686 times
Charlatan Rican fits better.

Old 10-14-2017, 05:04 PM

2,481 posts, read 2,233,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
another one who should stop reading me.........yesterday he called me a "traitor" and now I'm traumatized....
just a matter of time before your hate and viperitude will get you banned again..
and we won't have to deal with you for awhile.

Old 10-14-2017, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.magoo View Post
just a matter of time before your hate and viperitude will get you banned again..
and we won't have to deal with you for awhile.
I never got "banned" but you can go make a complaint to the moderator about me all you want. I haven't violated any forum rules or attack someone's character like you and others have and you are still here.

This is what happens when people can't debate the topic and get personal and get offended on things they don't agree. Now you want me banned. LMAO!!!!.

by the way, the topic is: What Will Happen If Puerto Rico Becomes The 51st. State?

try to make an intelligent argument for a change.

Last edited by Hellion1999; 10-14-2017 at 05:33 PM..

Old 10-15-2017, 04:26 PM

8,572 posts, read 8,530,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
The best part: it hurts the Republican Party
Which is why they will block it. They control the executive, legislative and judicial arms of government.

Please also don't think that the Dems will shed blood over fighting for PR to be a state. Having Puerto Ricans migrating to FL, NC, PA, and VA will be more beneficial for them. Making FL a reliably blue state will be a Democratic dream come true.

Old 10-15-2017, 04:29 PM

21,020 posts, read 27,221,764 times
Quote:
The best part: it hurts the Republican Party
Puerto Rico becoming a start could also hurt the Democratic Party. The candidates and/or the political party with sound ideas that improves the quality of life and well being of Puerto Rico should have stronger positions of being elected.

Old 10-15-2017, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unPescador View Post
Hellion, you always have a negative slam on your (supposedly) fellow Puerto Ricans... and Democrats. Now you're attacking Mexicans. You sound a lot like your leader. Do you have a large supply of paper towels to toss around too? No reply req'd. Just tired of reading and listening to the hopefully short-lived conservative blather your kind perpetuate 24/7.
He blindly supports the extreme right even believing the nonsense that the South shed blood over something other than slavery which they saw as vital to the economic interests of its oligarchy.

Most Republicans took one look at those dark skinned people who don't speak English and decided that PR will not be a state, as they already object to the fact that non Hispanic whites are a declining share of the population of the United STATES of America.

Old 10-15-2017, 04:34 PM

7,800 posts, read 10,103,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribny View Post
He blindly supports the extreme right even believing the nonsense that the South shed blood over something other than slavery which they saw as vital to the economic interests of its oligarchy.

Most Republicans took one look at those dark skinned people who don't speak English and decided that PR will not be a state, as they already object to the fact that non Hispanic whites are a declining share of the population of the United STATES of America.
And what happens when they die off in massive numbers over the next 15-20 years? Who's going to stop statehood then?

Old 10-15-2017, 04:42 PM

Quote:
And what happens when they die off in massive numbers over the next 15-20 years? Who's going to stop statehood then?
The last election showed that the demographic destiny for the Democratic party isn't assured. Despite the country becoming more non white and more urban the GOP is stronger than its ever been.

The Democrats are more concerned with transgender bathrooms and not with helping people achieve their best and until they change their message many in their natural base will stay away from the polls.

For instance for certain reasons older poorer nonwhites didn't get government issued ID. Why don't the Dems help them get that as something as simple as opening a bank account is difficult if one doesn't have it. Even being able to enter certain buildings is not possible without government issued IDs? So why aren't the Dems helping people get these IDs rather than wailing about voter suppression. Then the GOP will have to find some other trick.

Old 10-15-2017, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribny View Post

speak to me directly if you are going to falsely talk about me. I will be glad to explain my views.

I don't support any extreme....I support a limited government, lower taxes and individual freedom and choices. I don't believe the government should be the central part of people's lives and shouldn't be so much in our pockets.

You are clueless about the long history of the Democrat party and the anti-statehood left in Puerto Rico. The reason they will NEVER push for statehood.

Ask Democrat Congressman Luis Gutierrez and the other Puerto Rican Democrats in congress if they favor statehood for P.R, they do not....they support the independence and colonial status quo of P.R. because they get political contributions from them to keep the status quo.

Now if you want to debate the civil war, I'm all for it but I suggest you educate yourself with the war and not the myths they taught you in the public schools........I'm not from the South and Lincoln was a Republican, it doesn't mean I have to repeat myths about the war or adore Lincoln as a great President because he wasn't and I have data and evidence to back it up.

Last edited by Hellion1999; 10-15-2017 at 05:09 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories