Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories
 [Register]
U.S. Territories Puerto Rico, Guam, U.S. Virgin Islands, etc.
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2018, 01:38 AM

8,572 posts, read 8,540,170 times

Advertisements

[quote=Hellion1999;51697625][quote=caribny;51697412

good for you!!!! now explain why you support the Democrat party over the Republican on POLICY and principle!!! t.[/QUOTE]

If a party is much loved by white supremacists then there must be a reason for this. Given that white supremacists wish people like me much harm, I will do my best to minimize the damage that they can inflict.

Better the party that does nothing for me than the party that will HARM me. The rhetoric of the GOP is that I as a black man is lazy, welfare loving, bloodthirsty and criminal.

70% of blacks do NOT depend on welfare. They do NOT want welfare. They work hard and pay taxes, so why should they vote in people who celebrate white supremacists by saying that they aren't bad people.

Its baffling that folks cannot understand this. and the fact that they cannot is why 90% of blacks vote AGAINST them and why 80% of Asian Indians voted for Obama TWICE.

I look forward to hearing all the GOP screams as to why most Asians vote for the Democratic party. 70% voted for them in 2016. Are they welfare loving stupid people as well?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2018, 01:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
Conservatism is not a race or color.s.
So why do 99.999999999% of the white supremacists vote for the GOP? Until the GOP deals with this white supremacist issue they do NOT get my vote.

Until they stop insulting the 70% of blacks who are NOT poor and who do NOT want welfare they will not get my vote.

People must earn my support and they do NOT get it by insulting me. Now that more and more people in this country are black, Hispanic and Asian and given that the GOP gets DECLINING support from Asians what is their future? Thinking that they can win with 60% of the white vote, even as the white vote declines and even as college educated whites who live in the suburbs move away from them?

Already VA is now fast becoming blue, with NC trending that way as well.

Old 04-27-2018, 01:48 AM

Quote:
You accused that the Republican Party only wants to be the party for only whites. I ask you, what policy and the conservative principle is exclusively for the white race?

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/do-blac...teele-says-no/

This is a man who was a former GOP official. He says that blacks have no reason to vote GOP.

No go and scream at him. call him a lazy welfare bum who just wants to live off tax payers.. Yes hurl all the usual insults that the GOP does to blacks.

I have just never heard anyone woo a person by insulting them. Does the GOP even want black support, or do they want to even further solidify their support among anti black elements by making blacks the bogey man.

Old 04-27-2018, 01:57 AM

https://www.cnn.com/2016/07/13/polit...ing/index.html

Tim Scott discusses the validity of complaints of police racial profiling of blacks indicating that EVEN AS SENATOR he was harassed by the police.

I noticed that the GOP didn't defend his claims and seek to eradicate this problem. If they cannot even listen to a senator why can ordinary blacks expect them to listen to them.

And who can forget the GOP senatorial candidate for Alabama opining that America was great during slavery because "everyone cared for each other". Note that a family could have been broken just because the owner might have that it profitable to sell of a slave, splitting up the family and there was nothing that this slave's family could have done.

I tell you the GOP just wants to ensure that blacks don't support them. Reminding blacks that America was great under slavery or Jim Crow just isn't the way to go. This is NOT the party of Lincoln. Its the party of the Dixiecrats who all fled to the GOP after LBJ signed the various civil rights bills, and the GOP welcomed people like Thurmond with open arms.

Old 04-27-2018, 03:06 AM

11,046 posts, read 5,271,700 times
where do you get your stats and your facts? you have a problem with white people and that's on you.

95% of the Dixiecrats stayed in the Democrat Party after the civil rights act was passed in 1965. Your history is flawed and you keep repeating the kool aid.

You mention Thurmond but don't mention Robert Byrd who stayed in the Democrat Party until his death in 2010 and endorsed the Clintons and Obama for President and was a Democrat leader in Senate for decades.....why don't you mention him?......wasn't him a member of the KKK? How about the rest of the Dixiecrats who stayed in the Democrat Party after 1965 Civil Rights Act until their retirement like AL Gore SR.....Look him up also but you are silent on that....I wonder why?

I ask you again, what do you want the Republican Party to offer black people like yourself?

Do you actually believe that the main problems in the black communities are white supremacists? LOL that's how out of touch you are:

* Unemployment
* Education
* Crime

those are the real issues in the black communities. What party runs those cities and communities for decades and have failed them miserably? is not the Republican Party but you didn't even mention that. You create this false boogie man of white supremacists. Yeah that's the reason unemployment and crime are high in black communities and the public schools are mediocre and over 70% of babies in the black communities are born out of wedlock and there isn't a father at home.

You failed to mention how the welfare state has destroyed the black families since you are a black man. LBJ when he signed the war on poverty in 1964 he pretty much declared war on the black family. The welfare state has done to black Americans what slavery couldn't do, what Jim Crow couldn't do, what the harshest racism couldn't do. And that is to destroy the black family.

You don't mention how Bill Clinton 1994 crime bill hurt many blacks by putting them in prison in large numbers. A disparity that had brought about the lopsided incarceration of black people but 90% of blacks voted for him twice and supported his wife. Reminds me of Puerto Rico. They keep voting in for the same politicians and same failed programs over and over and wonder why they are in a bad situation but at least Puerto Ricans don't blame white supremacists in the U.S.A for their problems.

How many White Supremacists you know in New York and meet everyday that is keeping you down and putting your life at risk? if you are a black man in the USA, your chances of getting killed by another black man is over 90% in the black communities because of the high crime rate.

Let me know when you want to get serious about talking of the problems in the black communities. Like Puerto Rico, they have a lot of similarities of corrupt politicians and big welfare state and failed government programs and a bad public school system but the only thing you want to complain here about is "whitey".

Old 04-30-2018, 05:35 PM

Quote:
where do you get your stats and your facts? you have a problem with white people and that's on you.

95% of the Dixiecrats stayed in the Democrat Party after the civil rights act was passed in 1965. Your history is flawed and you keep repeating the kool aid.

You mention Thurmond but don't mention Robert Byrd who stayed in the Democrat Party until his death in 2010 ".

This still doesn't explain why in 2018 white supremacists vote for the GOP. And some of them even run as GOP candidates. Discussed Roy Moore and David Duke. Both ardent GOP and BOTH white supremacists who aren't disturbed by the slave legacy of the USA.

Jump up and down and call 95% of blacks lazy criminals all you wish because we don't support the GOP. Scream about the fact that in 2016 70% of ASIANs also voted for the Democrats. Interested to tell us why you think that they voted this way. Do they also want to lie down in bed all day just drawing welfare as you scream that 95% of blacks want to do?

Now and ago chat with Michael Steele A BLACK REPUBLICAN, who tells the GOP that blacks have NO reason to vote for them. I guess he too spends all day in bed, counting his welfare checks.

Old 05-01-2018, 12:57 PM

you are repeating your arguments over and over without making sense.

since you adore Michael Steele so much and he is the only Republican you like to selectively quote, ask him why should blacks keep voting Democrat? what has the party done for them in:

* unemployment
* education
* crime (safety)

if they are happy how things are run in black communities by the Democrat political party machine for decades then what's the problem? why still complaining how unfair and racist the system is? why are blacks at the bottom of the scale compare to other minority groups?

you can't have it both ways..........which is it?

by the way, if you like to listen to real black conservatives in what are the real issues in the black communities try to listen to real black conservatives like Thomas Sowell. He will blow your brains out.

You should learn more about black conservatism in the U.S. and not get all your information and propaganda from 1 side which is the liberal left progressive.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_..._United_States

Last edited by Hellion1999; 05-01-2018 at 01:13 PM..

Old 05-01-2018, 01:28 PM

black conservatives believes the key mission is to bring repair and success to the Black community by applying the following fundamental principles:
  • The pursuit of educational and professional excellence as a means of advancement within the society;
  • Policies that promote safety and security in the community beyond the typical casting of a criminal as a "victim" of societal racism;
  • Local economic development through free enterprise rather than looking to the federal government for assistance;
  • Empowerment of the individual via self-improvement (virtue), conscience, and supernatural grace.

now that is a start of an argument if you are serious about the black community which after reading you for days you are not. Your issues are with "whitey"

You actually think the main problems in the black community of unemployment, education and crime are because of David Duke, Moore and the boogie man white supremacists?

Like I told you, the black community has a lot in common with the problems in Puerto Rico......they keep voting in the same politicians, the same failed government policies and depend too much on the welfare state.

Old 05-06-2018, 10:16 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,171,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
The American people disagree with Little Marco, yet another example of how the clueless Republicans are out of touch with reality:
Americans More Receptive to Puerto Rico as a State Than D.C. - Rasmussen Reports®

47% of Americans want Puerto Rico to become the 51st state (up from 33% in 2015), only 34% disagree (vs 39% in 2015). By the way, Rasmussen tends to oversample Republicans which means the percentage in support of statehood is likely higher in reality.

Onward to a more perfect union!
Really?? I don't know anyone in the New England area that is in support of Puerto Rico becoming the 51st state.

Why would we want to vote to make a 3rd world level island a state? We don't have the money to improve the overall island conditions to a 1st world level. And why would the people of PR want to turn their island into what Hawaii is and have Americans from the other 50 states displace them as the island gentrifies?

One of the biggest obstacles to FEMA helping PR was that most of the island to begin with has dwellings that were not up to mainland US building standards and codes. And the residents of those dwellings don't have formal ownership of them. FEMA only pays out to homeowners, not renters or squatters.

And why rebuild PR to fix the dwellings just as before and not able to withstand a powerful storm hit? And why should the US government and the mainland taxpayers pay to improve the buildings in PR? I know that I don't want my hard earned tax dollars going towards rebuilding an island already mismanaged and in such debt. PR as it is, is a very broken unsustainable island lifestyle. The people there just need to focus on tourism income and send their kids to the US for education and hope they come back. And little by little, they need to build modern houses and buildings that can survive hurricane hits, and phase out the weaker poorly built ones. And that takes time. The US doesn't owe PR an immediate and cost-free (to the Puerto Ricans) rebuild.

It took the great earthquake of San Fransisco and the great fire of Chicago to greatly improve and modernize those cities. The residents suffered but endured. They didn't get FEMA help for that either.

Old 05-06-2018, 10:21 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,171,028 times
Is there anyone in Puerto Rico that would like their complete independence and not be a US territory any longer?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories