U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories
 [Register]
U.S. Territories Puerto Rico, Guam, U.S. Virgin Islands, etc.
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2018, 08:42 AM

41,438 posts, read 51,305,755 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Branal View Post
I don't understand that either. They don't use mortgages in Puerto Rico?
Just to weigh in. My DILs family is in Puerto Rico. They are all homeowners, in most cases, without mortgages, but they all have insurance. The thing is, you can have the money to repair damage, but that doesn’t mean you can get the materials or the labor, or the electricity, or the diesel to run generators, in order to get your home back to normal.

My DILs father happens to be a contractor. His workers were out of communication for months. He had to drive a van over washed out roads to the homes of his employees to pick them up for work. This is just one example of how difficult it was to get things done.

I really don’t have an opinion about displaced PRs in FL, except it’s no different than any of us moving to a different state. Freeloaders are going to be everywhere. I’m sure there are plenty of Puerto Rican’s who would rather go home if they could. Maybe we’d save $$ if we just gave them plane tickets and a few bucks.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2018, 01:33 PM

1,708 posts, read 871,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyRockHardo View Post
Twisted Girl, join date July, same location Fl. as Branal, AND miss loudly mouthy.
Coincidence?
No coincidence..........Ricky.....
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories