U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories
 [Register]
U.S. Territories Puerto Rico, Guam, U.S. Virgin Islands, etc.
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2018, 07:36 PM

1,804 posts, read 1,045,881 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highpointer View Post
Why do you write "This is the reason why we need more women in politics?" What difference does it make whether politicians are male or female; we need the best people to represent us in government.

We need more women in politics, because already we have too many males, and there should be a BALANCE. "And yes, we need the best people to represent us in Government," and women can be excellent as politicians. It has nothing to do with the gender per say, but in reality, for myriad of years, males have been In upfront politics............therefore, we need to give women a chance......We need to be EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYERS.....
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2018, 07:43 PM

328 posts, read 202,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sasie123 View Post
For the last time, I DID NOT STATE that he/she posted there. I stated that he/she had professed a dislike for that particular forum, and I want to know specifically, what about the forum he/she disliked. The forum was closed against what forum rules? Please specify, since I am not aware what rules I have broken. Thank you,

And for those posters here that are not aware of the forum we are speaking about, it reads: " Puerto Ricans.......let's go and make some noise." I was urging my fellow out-of-state compatriots about the NYC Puerto Rican Parade, so that they would be notified, in the event they were not aware of it. And I downloaded several Hot Salsa videos that most Puerto Ricans love........Many times I have seen music videos downloaded on that specific forum.

My main concern was to make them fell wanted and at home, after all they have been through. But he/she became offensive towards it. And has refused to tell me why. I am still waiting for he/she reply. And by the way, the forum is closed, but the videos still can be listened to. One cannot answer any of the rhetoric.......
They wouldn't have locked it unless it was against the rules. There is no other reason. You'll have to ask them what you did wrong.

I do agree we need more women in politics..

Last edited by Sunscape; 07-05-2018 at 10:41 PM..

Old 07-04-2018, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Branal View Post
I'm not the one following people around.

There was a poster on here named Mr. Magoo who would go ballistic on anyone who pointed out that Puerto isn't a a perfect paradise. Finally they had enough and banned him. And then you showed up.

Are you Magoo?

Like many New Yorkers state: " GIVE ME A BREAK!" When someone alludes to something they do not approve of. Mr. Magoo is one of our finest posters here. And also a friend.

Old 07-05-2018, 08:19 AM
miu

17,638 posts, read 37,465,936 times
Quote:
By now it is clear that you and Miu are trollers. I did not state that he/she posted on my thread. I stated that he/she has difficulty stating why she did not like it.......and I am beginning to suspect that maybe Miu and you are both the same??? A little while ago, you were creating problems in the New Jersey forum.....
Branal and I are not the same.

My issue with the Puerto Ricans living the the free hotel rooms in Florida, is how helpless they are and after three months, completely without a plan for their future. They are American citizens who apparently mostly speak English, who could go out to get at least part time employment, but instead chose to do nothing while they wait for their island to be fixed.

And before they were handed the keys to their free hotel rooms, all of them signed documents saying that they knew that the hotel rooms were for only three months.

And no comment about my suggestion that these people could make money operating a food truck? Even with children, they could take turns with work shifts. And I have no doubt that if the food truck was labeled as being run by Puerto Rican hurricane victims, they would have many customers and ones willing to pay extra in order to help them out.

No one wants to help people who are lounging in free hotel rooms watching tv. But if they are making an effort to help themselves, then more people (non-Puerto Ricans) would be inclined to offer them assistance.

Old 07-05-2018, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Branal View Post
Oh...you again? I was hoping they'd put you on a "time out".

New Jersey put you on a "time out." They closed your "Commie Governor," post of 7/1/18.

Old 07-05-2018, 12:35 PM

Quote:
New Jersey put you on a "time out." They closed your "Commie Governor," post of 7/1/18.
You don't understand how this forum works. May I suggest a Forums 101 or Internet 101 class.

Old 07-07-2018, 07:51 PM

Default As Long As They Look Like These New York/Puerto Ricans.....

they can move side-by-side, anywhere........anybody would love them......watch.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGLK0-8KHIo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5_tnpdnNz4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyHvyGVs42U

Old 07-09-2018, 10:05 AM
miu

17,638 posts, read 37,465,936 times
Quote:
they can move side-by-side, anywhere........anybody would love them......watch.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGLK0-8KHIo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5_tnpdnNz4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyHvyGVs42U
OMG!!! Enough with the music videos!!!! And posts like these is why the negative stereotyping continues...

Maybe some of the displace PR people in Florida could find work as background extras in music videos, since that's all since dance moves are all they know how to do. </sarcasm>

Old 07-09-2018, 10:59 AM

3,109 posts, read 3,215,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
The parents are US citizens. Why can't they find work in Florida and pay for an apartment? While they were on aid and living in free hotel rooms, the parents should have been working and saving up money for an apartment and their new life in Florida.

Of course, these families can't live forever in free hotel rooms paid for by FEMA or whatever emergency services department is paying for these lodgings.

Hurricane Maria was LAST year. Why don't these Puerto Ricans have a plan? Why are they so helpless?
Why are you so judgmental and unsympathetic?

I hope you don't go around calling yourself a "Christian" because your comments don't sound like Christ's love to me.

Old 07-09-2018, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlinak View Post
Why are you so judgmental and unsympathetic?

I hope you don't go around calling yourself a "Christian" because your comments don't sound like Christ's love to me.
Well they were given Christian and gubmint help for almost a year, and took advantage instead of going out to get a place to live and a job. What part of working the system do you not get?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories