Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories
 [Register]
U.S. Territories Puerto Rico, Guam, U.S. Virgin Islands, etc.
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2018, 04:54 PM

1,956 posts, read 1,519,605 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Branal View Post
Good. Then it should be no problem for them to get jobs and move out of FEMA hotels. Move now.
They must be getting too close to KISSIMMEE......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2018, 07:41 PM

330 posts, read 249,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sasie123 View Post
It is amazing how you have replied to all my threads, and have purposely bypassed this one: "Puerto Ricans.....Let's Go Out And Make Some Noise!" Why is that such an issue?
That thread was locked because it was against forum rules. So there's no way she could have posted there.

Old 07-03-2018, 08:23 PM

Exclamation Two Fishes Of The Same Pond......!!!!!

Quote:
That thread was locked because it was against forum rules. So there's no way she could have posted there.
By now it is clear that you and Miu are trollers. I did not state that he/she posted on my thread. I stated that he/she has difficulty stating why she did not like it.......and I am beginning to suspect that maybe Miu and you are both the same??? A little while ago, you were creating problems in the New Jersey forum.....

Old 07-04-2018, 09:01 AM

1,563 posts, read 2,874,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
He/she is obviously only interested in trolling. Let's just ignore him/her.
MIU was spot on about Puerto Rico's problems before the storm and I don't have any respect for people who play the race card because they don't have a sensible argument

Old 07-04-2018, 09:40 AM

3,148 posts, read 2,051,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samiamnh View Post
MIU was spot on about Puerto Rico's problems before the storm and I don't have any respect for people who play the race card because they don't have a sensible argument
Playing the race card, as in, consistently and incorrectly accusing Puerto Ricans of being non-English speaking?

Puerto Rico may have issues but the lack of the ability of its populace to speak English isn't one of them. The fact that this is used as a main underpinning of miu's argument significantly undercuts it, and does call into question his motivation in railing against Puerto Rico's issues both before and after the storm. Just my opinion but I don't think, based on the poster's own words, that an aspect of bias or racial ignorance (at the very least) can be ruled out. Saying things like (paraphrasing) "well since other Latin men can build/rebuild houses, why can't Puerto Rican men?" isn't a good look when you're trying to make a case that their own actions are the main reason the island remains in the position it is today.

Methinks some folks have never actually been through a hurricane and lost everything. Its easy to toss firebombs from a gilded tower.

Old 07-04-2018, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samiamnh View Post

Agree. Miu was just pointing out the problems with Puerto Rico's party culture and anti-achievement culture. That other poster who was on here earlier gets very defensive when someone points out the obvious problems in PR.

Old 07-04-2018, 11:00 AM
mym

706 posts, read 1,170,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Clutch View Post
Playing the race card, as in, consistently and incorrectly accusing Puerto Ricans of being non-English speaking?

Puerto Rico may have issues but the lack of the ability of its populace to speak English isn't one of them. The fact that this is used as a main underpinning of miu's argument significantly undercuts it, and does call into question his motivation in railing against Puerto Rico's issues both before and after the storm. Just my opinion but I don't think, based on the poster's own words, that an aspect of bias or racial ignorance (at the very least) can be ruled out. Saying things like (paraphrasing) "well since other Latin men can build/rebuild houses, why can't Puerto Rican men?" isn't a good look when you're trying to make a case that their own actions are the main reason the island remains in the position it is today.

Methinks some folks have never actually been through a hurricane and lost everything. Its easy to toss firebombs from a gilded tower.
powerful words. intelligent words.

they have no place here!

Old 07-04-2018, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Clutch View Post

That's not what MIU said. He or she said the island was run terribly. Which is true. What kind of place doesn't have an electric grid that works, or buildings done to code?

And, the point I made earlier--if they all speak English, great, they don't need to live in FEMA hotels on our dime anymore. Life in America should be an easy adjustment for them.

Old 07-04-2018, 07:04 PM

615 posts, read 1,375,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sasie123 View Post
This is the reason why we need more women in politics.......these are American families with little children....

Judge delays aid deadline for displaced Puerto Ricans after last-minute lawsuit by advocacy groups - Orlando Sentinel
Why do you write "This is the reason why we need more women in politics?" What difference does it make whether politicians are male or female; we need the best people to represent us in government.

Old 07-04-2018, 07:24 PM

Quote:
For the last time, I DID NOT STATE that he/she posted there. I stated that he/she had professed a dislike for that particular forum, and I want to know specifically, what about the forum he/she disliked. The forum was closed against what forum rules? Please specify, since I am not aware what rules I have broken. Thank you,

And for those posters here that are not aware of the forum we are speaking about, it reads: " Puerto Ricans.......let's go and make some noise." I was urging my fellow out-of-state compatriots about the NYC Puerto Rican Parade, so that they would be notified, in the event they were not aware of it. And I downloaded several Hot Salsa videos that most Puerto Ricans love........Many times I have seen music videos downloaded on that specific forum.

My main concern was to make them fell wanted and at home, after all they have been through. But he/she became offensive towards it. And has refused to tell me why. I am still waiting for he/she reply. And by the way, the forum is closed, but the videos still can be listened to. One cannot answer any of the rhetoric.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories