Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories
 [Register]
U.S. Territories Puerto Rico, Guam, U.S. Virgin Islands, etc.
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2018, 09:30 AM

10,059 posts, read 14,935,470 times

Advertisements

This is the latest in anti-Puerto Rican sentiment. Such a shame.

At least the cop that stood there doing nothing resigned.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2018, 10:43 AM

10,227 posts, read 16,813,981 times
the cop resigned over this which is good since it's his job to, you know, handle situations where a belligerent drunk man is harassing someone, especially a woman pleading for help.
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/latino/...m_npd_nn_fb_ma

Old 07-12-2018, 11:34 AM

355 posts, read 716,783 times
The answer to this is VOTE. These a$$hats will always be there but they don’t have to be the political majority. Get out and vote in every election. The Orange Noriega is an anomaly in US history... his time will pass, perhaps some of it in the same Federal facility the original enjoyed his final days.

Last edited by unPescador; 07-12-2018 at 11:42 AM..

Old 07-12-2018, 12:09 PM

1,956 posts, read 1,517,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonioR View Post

He should not be REASIGNED, that is the easy way out.........HE SHOULD BE FIRED........

Old 07-12-2018, 05:58 PM

7,800 posts, read 10,103,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonioR View Post

The man in the tank top was charged with a hate crime violation as well as disorderly conduct. The FPDCC Police officer resigned under pressure. As good an outcome as possible if I must say so.

Old 07-12-2018, 07:56 PM

10,227 posts, read 16,813,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
The man in the tank top was charged with a hate crime violation as well as disorderly conduct. The FPDCC Police officer resigned under pressure. As good an outcome as possible if I must say so.
Quote:
The officer should have stepped in, and he should have done something," Forest Preserves Chief of Police Kelvin Pope said at a news conference Tuesday.
Exactly

Old 07-13-2018, 07:03 AM
mym

706 posts, read 1,170,428 times
the cop swore to uphold the law. he should face charges too.

Effective today, Officer Patrick Connor no longer serves in the police department of the Forest Preserves of Cook County. He resigned late today. But that isn’t where our work ends.

— Forest Preserves (@FPDCC) July 12, 2018

Old 07-13-2018, 11:04 AM

11,046 posts, read 5,266,686 times
LMAO!!!! So a drunk old fool didn't like the woman's shirt and the whole Puerto Rican nation is upset. Then they charge the poor bastard with a hate crime to be political correct. This is Democrat Chicago what can you expect?

I see more drama at the weigh in and boxing fights between Mexicans and Puerto Ricans when alcohol is involved than this and nobody gives a cr@p and nobody is charge with a hate crime.

Meanwhile you have foreign nationals (Mexicans and such) protesting our government on our soil with a foreign flag burning and desecrating the U.S. flag and nobody gives a cr@p!. It's all protected under the constitution.

before the usual suspects attack me here. I'm not defending the old man. The Cop should have made him walk away or arrest him for public intoxication or disorderly conduct if he continued and ignored my orders. In my experience with Cops, some have a short fuse and a short temper and will make quick arrests just by talking back to them, others don't want to file paperwork and try to avoid confrontation and avoid arrests and that includes cops in Puerto Rico but that's another topic.

I see more drama in an Eagles/Cowboys game in the stands and parking lot than this. I just think the outrage is over the top and charging him with a hate crime is way over the top but what can you expect in a political correct world we are today. You have Gutierrez (the AL Sharpton of Latinos) exploiting this for political points.

I will bet you that if this were 2 Latinos arguing over flags or my country's team is better than yours and I don't like your shirt this would never made national news and nobody would be charge with a hate crime.

but lets ignore Chicago real problems like the high murder rate and gang violence that some of the victims are innocent Puerto Ricans and other Americans due to the corruption and incompetence of Chicago's politicians from the top down from the mayor, the police brass and government officials but lets make a big drama out of this.

Last edited by Hellion1999; 07-13-2018 at 11:49 AM..

Old 07-13-2018, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unPescador View Post
The answer to this is VOTE. These a$$hats will always be there but they don’t have to be the political majority. Get out and vote in every election. The Orange Noriega is an anomaly in US history... his time will pass, perhaps some of it in the same Federal facility the original enjoyed his final days.

what does this has to do with political parties and Trump? ....you know corrupt Chicago is run by Democrats for decades and they also control the police in Chicago.
Like there weren't any racially verbal insults in the country under Obama and everybody got along under Obama?

I hope the DNC is paying you well for your b.s.

Old 07-13-2018, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mym View Post
the cop swore to uphold the law. he should face charges too.

Effective today, Officer Patrick Connor no longer serves in the police department of the Forest Preserves of Cook County. He resigned late today. But that isn’t where our work ends.

— Forest Preserves (@FPDCC) July 12, 2018

Chicago has bigger problems than wasting political time and energy on this unless they want to use this to distract the people from the real problems in Chicago.

there is a crisis in Chicago for years of a high murder rate and gang violence which most of it is black on black that is getting worse and worse and cops aren't doing their jobs because of the corruption and political correctness from the top.

the cop quit, the old man was arrested and over-charged and all Puerto Rican flag t-shirts are protected and safe and we can sleep well. Now they can go back to the real issues that matters in Chicago like solving 51 women's deaths that are unsolved. That should be the outrage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories