Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories
 [Register]
U.S. Territories Puerto Rico, Guam, U.S. Virgin Islands, etc.
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2008, 03:45 PM

5,701 posts, read 24,154,501 times

Advertisements

This is an interesting article, someone needs to step in and something about the killing of horses. This is not right....

AT&T
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2008, 06:36 AM

7,800 posts, read 10,101,805 times
They also go into neighborhoods and take every dog (regardless of owned or stray) and throw them off bridges and beat them to death.

Puerto Rico never should have been allowed home rule.

Old 05-19-2008, 07:20 AM

395 posts, read 1,363,417 times
hm, while we are on the subject, there is a beach there called by natives "dead dog beach"....I don't want to paint a picture of what that looks like...so just leave it at that.
Also, when they don't want dogs, they throw them off bridges.
I think that a lot of peole there are taught that animals are more "things" than "living beings".

Old 05-19-2008, 03:45 PM

1,387 posts, read 4,014,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaJasMi View Post
hm, while we are on the subject, there is a beach there called by natives "dead dog beach"....I don't want to paint a picture of what that looks like...so just leave it at that.
Also, when they don't want dogs, they throw them off bridges.
I think that a lot of peole there are taught that animals are more "things" than "living beings".

I've never heard of "dead dog beach" before. But many animals are mistreated in PR. Many dogs are abandoned on solitary rural roads when they can't be taken care of anymore. Or they do what was mentioned above. Rooster fights are still legal over there and they happen all the time.

I'm very far from being a PETA member, but I cringe when animals are tortured or hurt for no reason.

Old 05-20-2008, 06:12 AM

41 posts, read 200,389 times
Hi to all, don't mean to be rude or anything like that but just because one individual with a scam he thought he could get away with it does not mean this is the norm here everyday. I agree with "boy" that people leave dogs in rural and non rural areas when they cannot take care of them, but this is done since people don't want to see their little cats and dogs killed. Why? Because over here they have not implemented a a good plan or entity which takes care of this animals the only thing they do here is to put them to sleep after a couple of days and the animals stay in those cages is worst than if they are just left roaming around. At least they are alive and not mistreated before killing them. So just don't be saying around that the whole city here throws cats and dogs over a bridge. good day! gato..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories