Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories
 [Register]
U.S. Territories Puerto Rico, Guam, U.S. Virgin Islands, etc.
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2020, 07:51 PM

7,327 posts, read 12,331,620 times

Advertisements

Now that the Amazon shipping drama with my previous two items (a Moen Engage with Magnetix showerhead and a bed rail for my grandparents) is over, the attention now turns to Lowe's with a showerhead for my grandfather's second bathroom. The item is a Lowe's exclusive (A Moen Adler 4-function showerhead), so it is not available anywhere else.

Lowe's shipped it via FedEx SmartPost and the estimated delivery is on January 31. There have been no scans by FedEx since January 16 and the USPS has not scanned it yet.

I wonder, has anyone ever ordered from Lowe's to Puerto Rico and is it typical for them to use FedEx SmartPost? If so, how long does it normally take?

I wonder if because I put both a physical (on line 1) and a mailing (on line 2) address Lowe's system automatically flagged the shipment to be shipped via FedEx SmartPost (since SmartPost is delivered via USPS) due to the Highway Contract (HC) mailing address on line 2. I always put both addresses when I order from Amazon, since you never know what carrier Amazon is going to use and Amazon's system doesn't correctly flag Highway Contract mailing addresses as undeliverable by UPS (which is one of the carriers that they use to Puerto Rico). Perhap's Lowe's system works differently with Highway Contract addresses and will always use a service that USPS delivers the last mile, regardless of what is on the other address line. I know some systems do this with any address that contains the word "BOX", regardless of which line it is written on.

So, has anyone ever ordered a Lowe's shipment to PR before?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2020, 09:10 AM

61,674 posts, read 87,060,489 times
Contact Lowes and ask THEM about your shipment, shipping generally, timeline, vendors they use and all those other questions that bother you. They are the only ones that KNOW all correct answers.

From their website:
https://www.lowes.com/l/delivery-options.html

Here are other hardware stores available locally, in Puerto Rico. You might want to browse to see if buying&shipping locally would be better/faster/more convenient for you.
https://www.yelp.com/search?cflt=har...2C+Puerto+Rico

The articles and reviews about FedEx SmartPost aren't positive or encouraging:
https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf=...iw=988&bih=570
https://fedex.pissedconsumer.com/fed...nts/RT-CP.html
https://www.thegearpage.net/board/in...eezus.2075974/

Last edited by elnina; 01-22-2020 at 09:22 AM..

Old 01-22-2020, 12:28 PM

Unfortunately, the showerhead (Moen Adler) that I ordered is a Lowe's exclusive item, so that was my only option (if I buy it from eBay or anywhere else there will be no warranty since those sellers are not Moen authorized dealers). Usually I look on Amazon first when I am shipping something to Puerto Rico, and I ordered the first Moen showerhead from there (Amazon is a Moen authorized dealer, as long as it is Shipped and Sold by Amazon). Moen has a list of authorized dealers on their website. Moen isn't really a big brand in Puerto Rico; of the major brands American Standard seems to dominate the market.

Old 01-23-2020, 01:32 AM

61,674 posts, read 87,060,489 times
Amazon is one of the many Moen products sellers. I couldn't find any info about Amazon being authorized dealer...

Old 01-23-2020, 07:06 AM

These are the authorized dealers (click on Online Sellers):
https://www.moen.com/where-to-buy

Amazon is listed there. However, the Moen Adler is a Lowe's-only item. The other showerhead was a Moen Engage with Magnetix, which I bought from Amazon.

Old 01-24-2020, 12:52 PM

I just got in contact with FedEx, and they said it is going by sea to Puerto Rico. That explains the January 31 delivery date. Hopefully I see an update soon.

Old 01-28-2020, 03:55 PM

6,202 posts, read 11,448,391 times
If you are planning to visit your family in PR soon (within a year), you should buy it in your local Lowe's and pack that small item in your checked luggage.

Undoubtedly, a shower head is small enough to even place the unopened box in luggage. (It would be a different story for larger items!)

Old 01-28-2020, 05:00 PM

Well, it was finally delivered as of today. My grandfather will get it installed when he returns to Puerto Rico (he is currently visiting us).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories