U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories
 [Register]
U.S. Territories Puerto Rico, Guam, U.S. Virgin Islands, etc.
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2020, 05:44 PM

Location: That star on your map in the middle of the East Coast, DMV
5,940 posts, read 4,600,574 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aab7855 View Post
I think the situation is definitely worsening. Lots of reports of tourists going out and about without masks, and the locals are pretty pissed about it.

Also, ticket prices are so low that the most unsavory of tourists are showing up and acting a fool:

https://www.telemundo31.com/videos/v...-rico/2003584/

PR used to strike me as a more upscale tourist destination. I´m sure it´ll go back to being one eventually.
Thanks I am going in a little over a week. I am taking a COVID test before arriving, just to have something documented for me medically, fingers crossed. However, is this mandatory? The person I'm going with is from there but hasn't been back in a while. We are just taking extra precautions upon arrival.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 07:41 AM

6,793 posts, read 9,554,228 times
Good news regarding Covid in PR.

Puerto Rico enacted strict Covid measures. It paid off, and it's a lesson for the mainland.

Quote:
Puerto Ricans in the U.S. territory avoided overwhelming their already fragile health care system during the pandemic, mainly because of extraordinary measures the local government put in place early on — and people’s willingness to comply with them.

"In Puerto Rico, the pandemic was never politicized," said Daniel Colón-Ramos, professor of cellular neuroscience at Yale University and president of Puerto Rico's Scientific Coalition, a group of experts advising Gov. Pedro Pierluisi on the island's Covid-19 response. "People were really rowing in the same direction."
Quote:
Most businesses are now operating at 50 percent capacity — except bars, night clubs and stadiums, which still remain closed. Shopping malls are open but only allow one person per 75 square feet.

Ninety-six of Puerto Rico’s 858 public schools reopened for the first time Wednesday, exactly one year since the pandemic hit, with restrictions. Starting on Monday, children in Head Start programs will be able to return to class.

Since Covid-19 hospitalizations have gone down so dramatically, most patients currently in intensive care are those with chronic conditions whose care was interrupted amid the pandemic, not people with Covid-19, Ramos said.
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/latino/...-it-s-n1260998
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories