U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories
 [Register]
U.S. Territories Puerto Rico, Guam, U.S. Virgin Islands, etc.
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2020, 08:39 PM

6,339 posts, read 9,841,735 times

Advertisements

It looks like Metropistas will be implementing Puerto Rico's first logo sign program via a contract with Sun Colors Digital Graphics:
https://suncolors.com/suncolors-highway-logo-signs/

Metropistas operates and maintains the PR-22 and PR-5 tollways. BTW this mockup is for the PR-167 exit in Bayamon.

I think this would be great to have in Puerto Rico. The key advantage that logo signs have over GPS and smartphones is the immediacy factor, where undecided motorists who are near an exit can get an idea of what is available at the next exit instead of fumbling with their GPS or smartphone which could cause them to potentially miss the exit or even cause an accident (and no, even hands-free interaction can still be a distraction).
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2020, 08:50 PM

47,570 posts, read 68,364,910 times
Gas station and hotel signs are usually visible from a great distance. A junk food joint is usually attached to those two.
All those road signs just clutter the visibility, cause distraction, and are an eye sore.
Waze or Google maps are already informing about such places and are up to date and more reliable.
For every missed exit there is a turnaround
World, Europe, Texas, Corpus Christi, El Paso, Lubbock, Tyler, Houston, San Antonio, Tallahassee, Minnesota,
Economics, Investing, Personal Finance, Fish, Home Interior Design and Decorating, Science and Technology Forums

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 09-14-2020, 08:24 AM

7,357 posts, read 10,365,190 times
This reminds me of a time when someone told me that in Puerto Rico there are many highway exits that simply say "salida", an arrow, and no number. She followed by asking "exit to what." I said "there's only one way to find out." lol

Admittedly, that was a long time ago and many things have changed, the expansion of Metropistas is the latest one.

Old 09-14-2020, 09:23 AM

6,339 posts, read 9,841,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonioR View Post
This reminds me of a time when someone told me that in Puerto Rico there are many highway exits that simply say "salida", an arrow, and no number. She followed by asking "exit to what." I said "there's only one way to find out." lol

Admittedly, that was a long time ago and many things have changed, the expansion of Metropistas is the latest one.
I don't see why anyone would be opposed to these considering there might be a revenue benefit from the logo sign leases. Plus according to multi-state logo sign contractor Interstate Logos 98% of motorists use logo signs while traveling. I don't think they would make such a statement without evidence otherwise they could open up themselves to a false advertising lawsuit (it doesn't matter if they are in the business to make money, it would still be false advertising). Any business who signs up for a logo sign likely sees a business case for it.

Old 09-14-2020, 04:40 PM
mym

678 posts, read 997,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonioR View Post

a visiting friend asked 'why are all your towns called salida"

Old 09-15-2020, 02:32 PM

21,204 posts, read 22,262,251 times
I suspect the only benefit would be for tourists that leave the San Juan metro area.

Old 09-15-2020, 04:30 PM
mym

678 posts, read 997,666 times
i suspect the only benefit is to line someones pockets

Old 09-16-2020, 04:30 PM

21,204 posts, read 22,262,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mym View Post
i suspect the only benefit is to line someones pockets
Yes, that too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories