U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories
 [Register]
U.S. Territories Puerto Rico, Guam, U.S. Virgin Islands, etc.
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 12:25 PM

769 posts, read 167,414 times

Advertisements

funny, the U.S. constitution doesn't say ANYTHING about INCORPORATING a territory as a mandate to become a state, Congress can do whatever they want and they have. There is NO right for a territory to become a state. You just made that up. The word INCORPORATED isn't mention 1 time in the constitution as a "right" to become a state.

By the way, Puerto Rico as been incorporated to the U.S. and Puerto Ricans like you still think we are still living in 1900.

The U.S constitution fully applies to the territory of P.R, ALL federal laws applies to Puerto Rico and every Puerto Rican is a U.S. citizen. If that's not incorporating a territory than I don't know what is. You are going to comeback and say federal income tax makes a territory incorporated and is not. It's full jurisdiction. Federal income tax didn't start in the U.S. until 1909 and there is NO law or in the constitution that demands paying Federal Income tax as mandatory to pay first before becoming a state. You just made that up.

Puerto Rico as full rights under the U.S. constitution except for the powers ONLY reserved for the states. That's where sovereignty comes in. If Puerto Rico gives American Civics in their public schools, it would be better understand.

I'm not going to get into your liberal identity politics. It's obvious what the Democrat party is trying to do. It's a power grab on steroids move from stacking the Supreme Court, making D.C. and P.R. into blue states and allowing massive cheap labor into the country and not demanding I.D. to vote. It's about power and keeping power and making a 1 party nation, reshaping the government to a permanent lefty progressive state. If you think the Democrat party has the best interests of Puerto Rico then you haven't been paying much attention for the last half a century.

Again, I just tell you why a full blown U.S. territory wants to become a state, it's sovereignty within their borders under 1 nation. There is another side of the coin which is a strong factor, POLITICS. U.S. politics and Puerto Rican politics. Puerto Rico has never been united for a cause for over half a century and they are not now. The Democrats think they can push P.R. into a state straight as a 1 party vote and divide further the country doesn't know history and they are part of the problem why P.R. is not a state and also the government of P.R. and the rich families controlling the island but that's another topic.

Last edited by SanJuanStar; Today at 12:47 PM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 01:14 PM

769 posts, read 167,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clip314 View Post
I foresee There will be NEGOTIATIONS to get rid of Puerto Rico and possibly Guam. Statehood for Puerto Rico doesn’t seem to be an option for those wanting to keep White Power in Washington. Don’t believe me ? ask Mitch McConnell.

I left this for last because I had to eat lunch but this is how out of touch you are about reality and law. There will be NO "negotiations" of stripping over 7 million U.S. citizens of their citizenship and kicking them out of the union against their will. The Supreme Court has ruled on this. So this is CONSTITUTIONAL LAW in stone versus your silly opinion that you repeat over and over and pretend it's true.

Your independent movement can't win 1 town in Puerto Rico out of 78 towns and you predict they will "negotiate" a civil war and a constitutional crisis? The U.S. is not in a business of giving real estate away. If they own the cow why give up the barn? You don't make any sense.

If the U.S. gives up on the real estate of 130 x 35 miles of P.R. (they won't) all they are doing is forcing millions of Puerto Ricans to flee the island to the 50 states (where they majority of Ricans are already living) and you can't stop them, they are U.S. Citizens. Even if they stay in the island, the government can't take their citizenship away against their will or their children and grandchildren. It's passed by BLOOD. So why give up the barn when you own the cow?

You are a very educated person that has used Pell Grants to get educated in P.R. and the states, Why you make silly opinions that are so far from reality? You had Trump syndrome form 4 years and now is Mitch McConell, when he is the minority in the senate. I hope the DNC is paying you well.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories