U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories
 [Register]
U.S. Territories Puerto Rico, Guam, U.S. Virgin Islands, etc.
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2021, 06:16 PM
mym mym started this thread

647 posts, read 929,076 times

Advertisements

hi. the whole family caught covid in february. in march we went to pr for spring break. thanks to god both kids had the same spring break this year.

to go to PR you must register on this website (https://1link.travelsafe.pr.gov/)
you must have proof of a valid covid test within 72 hours of departure
the site sends you a qr code to your email
btw you give them your phone number

when you get to the island dudes in white hazmat suits scan your qr code
if you dont have it you get sent somewhere else. where? i dont know. i had my damn qr code.

i dont know man but the lines for avis/budget are out of control. i dont feel that san juan airport does a good job facilitating car rental.

everyday you get a text, are you sick? respond: Si No. heard it was for contact tracing.

everywhere you go theres a thermometer thing and hand sanitizer. a store worker will take your temp and spray your hands in some places. otheriwse you are expected to do it yourself. you can do take out at restaurants or eat at tables. places were hopping.

people where masks everywhere as far as i saw. there was stuff on tv/fb we saw before we left about rowdy tourists being rowdy but we saw none of that.

we stayed in anasco on the water. met the mayor on the beach, he goes: check out the rincon beach resort - its nice! its in anasco wonder who owns it? everybody was very nice. relaxed. rincon art walk at the plaza on Thursdays is going strong. nice art of all sorts. worth it at least once.

last day spent in old san juan. plaza de palomas is closed. cathedral is open. free, unless you wish to donate. the grave of ponce de leon! and otherwise a beautiful enough place for a visit. we didnt have much time but is la perla a tourist destination nowadays? met some nice ladies, navy veterans, planning to move to the isalnd live in arecibo as theres a new VA hospital being built there. i dont know much about that but they were sweet.

my wife got an ear infection at some point and asked me to find her a dr on wednesday. me - remembering showing up at the dr office at 6am and waiting to 4pm to get seen was not looking forward to it. i called 4 places - no new patients during pandemic and finally got a dr in mayaguez who took an appt. me - having that look like when you ask Tato if you can take this beer fiao.

we waited 20 minutes in the office and my wife was seen. they spent the next 20 minutes talking about nyc and the drs family and whta not. the walls being thin. we were out of there in no time with a recipe for the pharmacy called in. ok maybe an hour wait at the walgreenswhere they were also doing covid shots. and we were done.

to remember how it was and to see this? my wife for the FIRST TIME EVER said she'd consider moving back.

anyway - had a great time.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2021, 04:17 PM

10,075 posts, read 15,000,887 times
My only complaint about the airport is air traffic is recovering but the airport businesses are still half closed. Add in the staffing restrictions for covid and rhe lines at gustos are out of control.
As for masks, the people who are being "rowdy" must be really out of control, the cops were definitely not running a police state. I believe people are bringing mainland anticop mentality with them, spitting on cops, etc.

Old 04-16-2021, 09:55 PM

3,258 posts, read 3,663,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mym View Post
hi. the whole family caught covid in february. in march we went to pr for spring break. thanks to god both kids had the same spring break this year.

to go to PR you must register on this website (https://1link.travelsafe.pr.gov/)
you must have proof of a valid covid test within 72 hours of departure
the site sends you a qr code to your email
btw you give them your phone number

when you get to the island dudes in white hazmat suits scan your qr code
if you dont have it you get sent somewhere else. where? i dont know. i had my damn qr code.

i dont know man but the lines for avis/budget are out of control. i dont feel that san juan airport does a good job facilitating car rental.

everyday you get a text, are you sick? respond: Si No. heard it was for contact tracing.

everywhere you go theres a thermometer thing and hand sanitizer. a store worker will take your temp and spray your hands in some places. otheriwse you are expected to do it yourself. you can do take out at restaurants or eat at tables. places were hopping.

people where masks everywhere as far as i saw. there was stuff on tv/fb we saw before we left about rowdy tourists being rowdy but we saw none of that.

we stayed in anasco on the water. met the mayor on the beach, he goes: check out the rincon beach resort - its nice! its in anasco wonder who owns it? everybody was very nice. relaxed. rincon art walk at the plaza on Thursdays is going strong. nice art of all sorts. worth it at least once.

last day spent in old san juan. plaza de palomas is closed. cathedral is open. free, unless you wish to donate. the grave of ponce de leon! and otherwise a beautiful enough place for a visit. we didnt have much time but is la perla a tourist destination nowadays? met some nice ladies, navy veterans, planning to move to the isalnd live in arecibo as theres a new VA hospital being built there. i dont know much about that but they were sweet.

my wife got an ear infection at some point and asked me to find her a dr on wednesday. me - remembering showing up at the dr office at 6am and waiting to 4pm to get seen was not looking forward to it. i called 4 places - no new patients during pandemic and finally got a dr in mayaguez who took an appt. me - having that look like when you ask Tato if you can take this beer fiao.

we waited 20 minutes in the office and my wife was seen. they spent the next 20 minutes talking about nyc and the drs family and whta not. the walls being thin. we were out of there in no time with a recipe for the pharmacy called in. ok maybe an hour wait at the walgreenswhere they were also doing covid shots. and we were done.

to remember how it was and to see this? my wife for the FIRST TIME EVER said she'd consider moving back.

anyway - had a great time.

So, what happens to those persons who can prove they've been fully vaccinated?

Old 04-17-2021, 08:39 AM
mym mym started this thread

647 posts, read 929,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chacho_keva View Post
So, what happens to those persons who can prove they've been fully vaccinated?
they gotta wear a big yellow hat and buy everbody drinks at the colmado.

i dont know, might say it on that site. i just now, last Saturday, got that JnJ vaccine and they gave me a little card to carry around that says ive been vaccinated. ive already lost it but maybe you'd show that.

Old 04-20-2021, 02:57 PM

3,258 posts, read 3,663,314 times
Has anyone travelled to PR after being fully vaccinated?

Is proof of a negative Covid test still required?

I'm confused as to what is required when travelling to PR right now.

Old 04-21-2021, 01:34 PM

10,075 posts, read 15,000,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chacho_keva View Post
Has anyone travelled to PR after being fully vaccinated?

Is proof of a negative Covid test still required?

I'm confused as to what is required when travelling to PR right now.
yes, although they did mark our vaccination cards, rules have not been adjusted as yet. PCR test, not antigen. you can fill out the form online and just have the barcode scanned to speed up the process.

Old Today, 03:36 PM

20,830 posts, read 21,708,417 times
This showed up in 1 of my news feeds today.

https://www.foxnews.com/travel/puert...-covid-19-test
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories