U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories
 [Register]
U.S. Territories Puerto Rico, Guam, U.S. Virgin Islands, etc.
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-13-2022, 11:46 AM
 
11,603 posts, read 3,404,501 times
Reputation: 4620

Advertisements

This is why I have her problem with her videos and her bias. Take a look at this video for Independence and how she mixes facts with lies to make a movement a victim with the "Ay Bendito" and never calls on their own mistakes and the ignorance of the younger generation. The Albizu part I already covered it. She brings the racism that he faced in the United States with no details and ignores the fact that the U.S. made him an Officer in the Army and accepted him to Harvard paid by the taxpayers while she ignores the racism and elitism back in Puerto Rico by the institutions and the elite governing class in P.R. who never accepted him not even in the independence movement. It wasn't way after he dies that they tried to re-invent him to paint like a Bolivar or George Washington when he was rejected by the people and the elitist class in the island.






Then she refused to say why the U.S. and the Puerto Rican police made files on them. The reason was, there was a small group of violent extremists, domestic terrorists who wanted to bring down the Puerto Rican government by violence and terror. They even went to Congress to shoot and attempted to kill President Truman and Governor Luis Munoz Marin at the Fortaleza and they were mixed with the whole crowd in the independence movement. Well duh, any law enforcement in every country that took an oath to protect the law and peace will make files and keep a close eye on that movement. You think they will ignore them and let them plan their violent takeover?



Albizu was arrested because he was the mastermind of a violent revolt of killing the governor, they went to the government mansion to kill him. He also planned other violent take over by violence of government agencies the same day. He got lucky he got 25 years but for some weird reason they paint him as the victim. It's weird the "Ay bendito" mentality in the island and the propaganda.


Then when he died, instead of the independence movement turn the page and leave him in the history books, they make him the face of the independence cause and wonder why they can't win 1 town out of 78 in the island and are stuck at 3% of support in the election. They blame the U.S. and the federal aid given to the island. The funny thing is they are big on socialism but not from the United States, they want to control it all. They sell that Puerto Ricans should decide their lives not the U.S. but in reality it's them ruling the masses. You think the people of Cuba or Venezuela control their own destiny or the totalitarian government in power? Then they lecture the majority how to be Puerto Rican and get mad at the public why they reject the independence movement.


Then in the video, there is a young college student girl with a hat (cute) saying dumb things and makes Puerto Rico look ignorant and this are the people coming out of college. The brainwashing in the college institutions at taxpayers expense. She blames all the corruption in the institutions of Puerto Rico to the U.S. and that the U.S. is trying to erase the Puerto Rican culture. She doesn't know her own history. The U.S. went in Puerto Rico to drive off the Spaniard forces who occupied P.R. for 400 years and were bad administrators like with the rest of the Latin countries in a war. The U.S. wasn't at war with the Puerto Rican people but their occupiers. It's like blaming the Allied forces in WW 2 for invading France in D-DAY to drive out the Nazis and then say they invaded the French people. You have to be dumb to say that. Many times the U.S. asked Puerto Ricans want they want and time after time they choose to be under the protection of the U.S.. Why do independentistas live in a bubble of lies and then ask why they are at 3% of support? Then the maker of the video never challenges them she plays along with the lies.




Then she puts Oscar Lopez another bull$hitter. He says that he had no choice to go to Vietnam when he did. He could have ignored the draft and gone underground if he didn't believed in the war. President Carter pardoned everybody that refused to go to war and the draft ended in 1973 and the military since then is voluntary. He says he didn't want to violate federal laws but he was o.k. in violating federal laws in making over 100 bombs and blowing it up in U.S. cities and robbing armored trucks to push a Marxism dictatorship that nobody wanted back in the island. His b.s. gets bigger and bigger. If your reason to hate the U.S. is done for getting rid of the draft (big deal) Getting pardoned by the President and ending the Vietnam war all in the mid 70's then why turn into a life of crime and terror in the late 70's to early 80's????? this gets dumber by the minute. Then when he gets parole by Obama (a political move for the Puerto Rican votes in the states) he goes back to the island and celebrities and the Mayor of San Juan Carmen Yulin treated him like a WW 2 heroes welcome with parades and parties and put him in the payroll in San Juan. You can't make this up and they wonder why 95%+ in the island reject them. It's people they associate with and the crimes they ignore as long that they are in their team. Then Oscar Lopez goes to Cuba and Venezuela to show support to their governments and ignore their corruption, the human rights violations and poverty in those countries he supports.




https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86k46SRdvMw
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-17-2022, 02:31 PM
 
17,635 posts, read 24,446,872 times
Reputation: 16220
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonioR View Post
An interesting point of view expressed here regarding the displacement of many Puerto Ricans out of Puerto Rico by non-Puerto Ricans (mostly Americans from the mainland) move in. It also looks at the possible resentments by locals.
Can't be worse that what happened to the original puertoricans = Tainos
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-17-2022, 06:37 PM
 
Location: Somewhere on the Moon.
9,112 posts, read 13,555,781 times
Reputation: 8913
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
Can't be worse that what happened to the original puertoricans = Tainos
You mean the one melted in the modern Puerto Ricans and is starring back towards the focus of the vision of most Puerto Ricans?

https://www.culturalsurvival.org/new...taino-ancestry

Puerto Ricans have the highest indigenous DNA in their typical total DNA than any other peoples in the Caribbean. Have to go to mostly Hispanic countries on the American continent to see higher indigenous input, in fact the highest are found in the national averages of countries that occupy what was once a part of the Spanish Empire. Somehow that's not the case elsewhere in the Americas. This not withstanding that in countries like Brazil you will find many "pure" natives, particularly in the Amazon area; but this is about national averages and not particular points within a country.

https://blog.23andme.com/ancestry-re...atin-american/

When it comes to native or indigenous DNA in the national averages of countries in the Americas, a pattern is unveiled. One, the countries with the highest indigenous component in the national averages are in Hispanic countries. Then focusing in the Caribbean, the highest indigenous DNA is the highest in the national average of the Spanish Caribbean (including Trinidad where it's high for a place that was part of the British Empire, then again Trinidad was part of the Spanish Empire for over 200 or 300 years and afterwards it became British. I think it was Spanish for longer than it was British, perhaps a Trinidadians can clear this up. So... Jamaica too was part of the Spanish Empore, but I think it was the first Caribbean island the British took away from the Spanish in 1655. Technically it was suppose to be Santo Domingo if it wasn't that the locsls beat the crap out of the invasion attempt by William Penn and only after that lost the attempt on Jamaica was tried as it was better than going back to England with empty hands. Never-the-less, Jamaica was Spanish for much less time than Trinidad).

Last edited by AntonioR; 01-17-2022 at 06:49 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-22-2022, 05:27 PM
 
830 posts, read 530,919 times
Reputation: 995
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post

7) I feel ashamed in how some Puerto Ricans in the island treat Americans that come to the island with an open heart and money to invest in the place and put it on the map and they attack her character and tell her to leave and call her a colonizer but they love federal funds to keep coming. What's up when that girl using the term "Gringa", like a derogatory term. Like the woman doesn't have a name. She is mad because she doesn't earn money to buy a cheap place and work it and sell it for a higher profit. I bet you she is under welfare and have babies at a young age and she latches out at the American woman that does everything legal. This is the new generation that expects that she is entitled to things.
Interesting how you sh*t on the couple who are working class but seem all proud and jolly about an Italian who claims 'hes now a Puerto Rican' and uses his scamming ways and purchasing power to buy "projects" while kicking families out; Instead of asking why he fled Rhode Island and refuses to pay his tax debt because he doesnt feel its the right amount. How typical!

Jesus you republiturds always throw the word socialism around, The point of the video is very clear. Gringos are coming to the island and buying rental properties en-masse and turning them into AirBNBs for other tourists as well as purchasing multifamilies and throwing families out. Same thing started happening in the US fortunately our politicians were on it and passed laws to prevent AirBNBs in many states because they knew this would affect and create a housing crisis.

But no the PR govt. and that maricon of Pierluisi are too busy selling PR's beaches to do anything about it, Personally i cant wait for there to be revolt because the island has been noticing whats been happening and i doubt it will go on for much longer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-22-2022, 07:17 PM
 
11,603 posts, read 3,404,501 times
Reputation: 4620
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drkness View Post
Interesting how you sh*t on the couple who are working class but seem all proud and jolly about an Italian who claims 'hes now a Puerto Rican' and uses his scamming ways and purchasing power to buy "projects" while kicking families out; Instead of asking why he fled Rhode Island and refuses to pay his tax debt because he doesnt feel its the right amount. How typical!

Jesus you republiturds always throw the word socialism around, The point of the video is very clear. Gringos are coming to the island and buying rental properties en-masse and turning them into AirBNBs for other tourists as well as purchasing multifamilies and throwing families out. Same thing started happening in the US fortunately our politicians were on it and passed laws to prevent AirBNBs in many states because they knew this would affect and create a housing crisis.

But no the PR govt. and that maricon of Pierluisi are too busy selling PR's beaches to do anything about it, Personally i cant wait for there to be revolt because the island has been noticing whats been happening and i doubt it will go on for much longer.

It's call FREEDOM OF SPEECH. Now U.S. Citizens that move to Puerto Rico are not allowed to buy property and rent because according to you they are not the right race or right social class? Thanks for the laugh.




Kicking people out that don't pay rent or the lease is up is done all the time around the world. Why would it be different in Puerto Rico? Go light up a candle for them if it makes you feel better. You said his scamming ways because of a 1 sided video? Does he has criminal charges from Rhode Island or fled prosecution? or even in Puerto Rico? nah!, that's you repeating whatever B.S. you hear on the web to back up your socialist narrative to destroy 1 side of the debate. That's like bringing the sexual history of the tenants that are complaining or that they allegedly did something bad in the past that has nothing to do with the topic or the law or economics 101 to destroy them. Childish.



By the way, the U.S. and Puerto Rico have huge debts. Are you paying your taxes to pay the debt? yeah, all talk.



by the way, a U.S. Citizen refusing to pay a tax debt that they don't agree is a CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT and not a crime or admission of guilt. That's why we have tax courts and settlements with the tax revenue. Puerto Rico is a perfect example with their debt. They want to settled it by the law but U.S. Citizens can't do the same according to you because they have Italian heritage and are the wrong class and wrong political party? LMAO! Don't hide your racism so deep, let it all out.


"Gringos" and "Maricon", heavy intellectual debate. Not only racist but homophobic. Are you Puerto Rican? Were you born or raised there? you live there? I own property in Puerto Rico. I rent to whoever pays me market value and follow my rules on the contract. Am I a criminal also if I don't want to extend a lease to a tenant or want to rent to the highest bidder? You know it's my property and while Puerto Rico is still a U.S. Territory, I have property rights. Am I Puerto Rican enough for you? I was born and raised in the island. Are you?


If you don't like the Puerto Rican laws of buying and renting real estate then change the laws and good luck is using the American economy, American Credit and American protection.


I feel sorry that people can't afford market value and condo maintenance of a luxury condo next to the beach, with a private pool and private tennis court. Yeah, that is really rough that they want to force the owner to keep them there for $600 a month. Horrible treatment to people. I don't ever recall paying $600 for a simple studio when I was single 30 years ago let alone a luxury condo next to the beach, private pool and tennis court in 2022. These people have it rough.

Last edited by SanJuanStar; 02-22-2022 at 07:33 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-22-2022, 08:52 PM
 
830 posts, read 530,919 times
Reputation: 995
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
It's call FREEDOM OF SPEECH. Now U.S. Citizens that move to Puerto Rico are not allowed to buy property and rent because according to you they are not the right race or right social class? Thanks for the laugh.
Since when did my post go against your "FrEedUmb oF sPeEch"? Seems like you're easily confused, Don't blame me for that bud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
Does he has criminal charges from Rhode Island or fled prosecution? or even in Puerto Rico? nah!, that's you repeating whatever B.S. you hear on the web to back up your socialist narrative to destroy 1 side of the debate. That's like bringing the sexual history of the tenants that are complaining or that they allegedly did something bad in the past that has nothing to do with the topic or the law or economics 101 to destroy them. Childish.
I brought up his shady background because its relevant to YOUR post where you are giving the man props for kicking out an older lady which you claim only pays $600 in the Beach-Front Urb. Whats it to you how much she pays? It was well above the town median rent was it not? He could've taken over the property and increased rents by a reasonable amount which is common practice in the US.

Those tenants should've squatted there or sued him for accommodation costs regardless of how long it took them to find a new rental property.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
By the way, the U.S. and Puerto Rico have huge debts. Are you paying your taxes to pay the debt? yeah, all talk.
Typical Republiturd "think of the debt" yeah right, Then even more reason NOT to make PR a 51st state, right? We wouldn't want to add-on to the US outstanding deficit.


Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
"Gringos" and "Maricon", heavy intellectual debate. Not only racist but homophobic. Are you Puerto Rican? Were you born or raised there? you live there? I own property in Puerto Rico. I rent to whoever pays me market value and follow my rules on the contract. Am I a criminal also if I don't want to extend a lease to a tenant or want to rent to the highest bidder? You know it's my property and while Puerto Rico is still a U.S. Territory, I have property rights. Am I Puerto Rican enough for you? I was born and raised in the island. Are you?
I'm sorry what happened to FREEDOM OF SPEECH? Yikes, I didn't know i was engaging with such an intellectual indvidual here, Por Dios. I am Puerto Rican born and raised i own a couple properties and 2 undeveloped plots in Piñones/Loiza, My properties are family-held those will remain vacant and yes i pay the taxes on it. Not a single soul has ever said there is anything wrong with renting out your property, What we're complaining about here is the same BS that's done here in NV and all throughout the states in which gentrification occurs in.

The class with the most money decides they want to turn x neighborhood into Starbuck's central simply because...they can. They buy all of the multi-family properties which were being rented often by working class people and attempt to turn them into luxury apartments jacking-up the median home price in the neighborhood and making it unaffordable for everyone else while justifying "the jobs", Who The Hell Cares about "the jobs", Republicans have been preaching "the jobs" for so long and each time we see the same hypocrisy a la 2020 Airlines bailout; If the working class was renting and based in that region then clearly they had a job to begin with otherwise they wouldn't be able to rent - don't you morons think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
If you don't like the Puerto Rican laws of buying and renting real estate then change the laws and good luck is using the American economy, American Credit and American protection.
Here is the thing though, The average Puerto Rican doesn't care about the "American credit/protection".
Whats the point of being a "part" of the US if the average Puerto Rican has to struggle to even afford the basic necessities ie; shelter? Taking all of the local properties and turning them into AirBNBs isn't putting any money in their pockets but the greedy gringos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
I feel sorry that people can't afford market value and condo maintenance of a luxury condo next to the beach, with a private pool and private tennis court. Yeah, that is really rough that they want to force the owner to keep them there for $600 a month. Horrible treatment to people. I don't ever recall paying $600 for a simple studio when I was single 30 years ago let alone a luxury condo next to the beach, private pool and tennis court in 2022. These people have it rough.
You keep harping on this but its besides the point, The lady has been there for ever and planned to die there; So its her fault for her rent remaining $600/mo this whole time? What exactly are you saying here? She did her part as a tenant by paying, The smug investor came-in throwing people out and acting like he can turn Quebradillas into the next OSJ or something.

I own property in PH and personally speaking if the US could pass a law similar to PH in which foreigners are not allowed to own land only lease; That would be a game changer, Its quite sad that other countries have had it figured out except for us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-22-2022, 10:11 PM
 
11,603 posts, read 3,404,501 times
Reputation: 4620
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drkness View Post
. I brought up his shady background because its relevant to YOUR post where you are giving the man props for kicking out an older lady which you claim only pays $600 in the Beach-Front Urb. Whats it to you how much she pays? It was well above the town median rent was it not? He could've taken over the property and increased rents by a reasonable amount which is common practice in the US.

Shady? illegal? What law did he violated Federal or Puerto Rico? I didn't claim anything, the woman said it. I didn't know a luxury condo at front of the beach with a private pool and private tennis court is the average rent in that town. How many houses for rent in that town have a private pool, tennis court and maintenance included? That's like comparing a Mitsubishi compact car to a Porsche. Same level of comparison, huh.

What is up to me? LMAO! They brought the issue to a forum for people to comment. I guess you care about by posts, you keep responding. That's how this works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drkness View Post
Those tenants should've squatted there or sued him for accommodation costs regardless of how long it took them to find a new rental property.

Are you a lawyer? Did they signed a rental agreement and agree that after the lease is up there is a possibility for them to move if the owner decided to make it a hotel or luxury vacation homes? So you are saying the tenants can steal the property of the owner and tell the owner how they will run things and what they will pay and stay there forever? Is that how it works?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Drkness View Post
Typical Republiturd "think of the debt" yeah right, Then even more reason NOT to make PR a 51st state, right? We wouldn't want to add-on to the US outstanding deficit.
You are 124 years too late. You break it you own it. The P.R. debt is the ultimate responsibility of the nation that owns it. You need to go back in time with a time machine and stop the motion. Good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drkness View Post
I'm sorry what happened to FREEDOM OF SPEECH? Yikes, I didn't know i was engaging with such an intellectual indvidual here, Por Dios. I am Puerto Rican born and raised i own a couple properties and 2 undeveloped plots in Piñones/Loiza, My properties are family-held those will remain vacant and yes i pay the taxes on it. Not a single soul has ever said there is anything wrong with renting out your property, What we're complaining about here is the same BS that's done here in NV and all throughout the states in which gentrification occurs in.
and that gives you the luxury to call U.S. Citizens that come to P.R. to invest "gringo" in a negative term and call a homophobic name to the governor of Puerto Rico because you didn't vote for him? Nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drkness View Post
The class with the most money decides they want to turn x neighborhood into Starbuck's central simply because...they can. They buy all of the multi-family properties which were being rented often by working class people and attempt to turn them into luxury apartments jacking-up the median home price in the neighborhood and making it unaffordable for everyone else while justifying "the jobs", Who The Hell Cares about "the jobs", Republicans have been preaching "the jobs" for so long and each time we see the same hypocrisy a la 2020 Airlines bailout; If the working class was renting and based in that region then clearly they had a job to begin with otherwise they wouldn't be able to rent - don't you morons think?
What does the Republican party has to do with Puerto Rico? Puerto Rico is 3 to 1 Democrat advantage and the island have been governed by a center-left governments for over 80 years. What happened under 8 years of Obama and Biden's build back better? Is the government of Puerto Rico a mirage?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Drkness View Post
Here is the thing though, The average Puerto Rican doesn't care about the "American credit/protection".

Whats the point of being a "part" of the US if the average Puerto Rican has to struggle to even afford the basic necessities ie; shelter? Taking all of the local properties and turning them into AirBNBs isn't putting any money in their pockets but the greedy gringos.
and you speak for the average Puerto Rican? Declare your independence and good luck pal. "De la boca es un mamey" You think Puerto Ricans have problems? You know where you are at? next to Dominican Republic, Haiti, Cuba and Venezuela. Yeah, I feel really bad for Puerto Ricans. Anyone can move to any of the 78 towns in P.R. or even get on plane to any of the 50 states with full rights the moment they land and you want be to lose sleep because a woman wants to keep paying $600 a month for a front beach condo with a private pool and tennis court and the new owner has other plans? LMAO!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drkness View Post
You keep harping on this but its besides the point, The lady has been there for ever and planned to die there; So its her fault for her rent remaining $600/mo this whole time? What exactly are you saying here? She did her part as a tenant by paying, The smug investor came-in throwing people out and acting like he can turn Quebradillas into the next OSJ or something.
Ever? When did those modern condos were built? I don't give a rat's a$$ how long she lived there. She signed a lease agreement. A contract by which one party conveys land, property, services, etc. to another for a specified time, usually in return for a periodic payment. Everybody dies. She had an option to buy a property under her means but she decided to rent or maybe blow up her savings in cruises or traveling. Lease is up and the new owner has plans. She can rent a 1 bedroom place for $600 a month. Is not going to be a luxury condo with a private pool or tennis court next to the beach but she can find a place with the help of federal aid if she qualifies which she will. (unless she has money in her bank account)


You don't tell an owner of the property how to run his property once the lease is up. Is that the only place to rent in Puerto Rico or she likes to live in a luxury condo and only pay $600 a month? How is that our problem? I own and I don't have a pool or a tennis court and my mortgage is 1,350 a month plus $350 HOA fees. I'm sure I can go to the bank crying with a violin to cut my payments because I'm old and I want to die here. Yeah, that's going to work with the branch manager.

Last edited by SanJuanStar; 02-22-2022 at 10:22 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-23-2022, 08:26 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles, CA
291 posts, read 225,255 times
Reputation: 358
Hawaii 2.0. If enough wealthy English speaking U.S. citizens move there, they can use their resources to take over the local government, then Puerto Rico would be on the path to become a state.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-25-2022, 06:46 AM
 
1,888 posts, read 1,081,033 times
Reputation: 1777
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drkness View Post
Since when did my post go against your "FrEedUmb oF sPeEch"? Seems like you're easily confused, Don't blame me for that bud.



I brought up his shady background because its relevant to YOUR post where you are giving the man props for kicking out an older lady which you claim only pays $600 in the Beach-Front Urb. Whats it to you how much she pays? It was well above the town median rent was it not? He could've taken over the property and increased rents by a reasonable amount which is common practice in the US.

Those tenants should've squatted there or sued him for accommodation costs regardless of how long it took them to find a new rental property.



Typical Republiturd "think of the debt" yeah right, Then even more reason NOT to make PR a 51st state, right? We wouldn't want to add-on to the US outstanding deficit.




I'm sorry what happened to FREEDOM OF SPEECH? Yikes, I didn't know i was engaging with such an intellectual indvidual here, Por Dios. I am Puerto Rican born and raised i own a couple properties and 2 undeveloped plots in Piñones/Loiza, My properties are family-held those will remain vacant and yes i pay the taxes on it. Not a single soul has ever said there is anything wrong with renting out your property, What we're complaining about here is the same BS that's done here in NV and all throughout the states in which gentrification occurs in.

The class with the most money decides they want to turn x neighborhood into Starbuck's central simply because...they can. They buy all of the multi-family properties which were being rented often by working class people and attempt to turn them into luxury apartments jacking-up the median home price in the neighborhood and making it unaffordable for everyone else while justifying "the jobs", Who The Hell Cares about "the jobs", Republicans have been preaching "the jobs" for so long and each time we see the same hypocrisy a la 2020 Airlines bailout; If the working class was renting and based in that region then clearly they had a job to begin with otherwise they wouldn't be able to rent - don't you morons think?



Here is the thing though, The average Puerto Rican doesn't care about the "American credit/protection".
Whats the point of being a "part" of the US if the average Puerto Rican has to struggle to even afford the basic necessities ie; shelter? Taking all of the local properties and turning them into AirBNBs isn't putting any money in their pockets but the greedy gringos.



You keep harping on this but its besides the point, The lady has been there for ever and planned to die there; So its her fault for her rent remaining $600/mo this whole time? What exactly are you saying here? She did her part as a tenant by paying, The smug investor came-in throwing people out and acting like he can turn Quebradillas into the next OSJ or something.

I own property in PH and personally speaking if the US could pass a law similar to PH in which foreigners are not allowed to own land only lease; That would be a game changer, Its quite sad that other countries have had it figured out except for us.
Do you have problems with PR's moving to the states?
Who do those who own Airbnb's pay to fix them up. Where do they buy everything that goes into those homes?
Do the guests not spend money in restaurants, siteseeing rental cars, on taxes, on taxes for everything they purchased?

Also Act 60 requires many who rented before to buy houses now. So that's on the local politicians... Whose intent is to keep increasing the price to be a part of Act 60.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-26-2022, 10:00 AM
 
11,603 posts, read 3,404,501 times
Reputation: 4620
I was born and raised in P.R., they sure pick the worst examples in this video of people having to look for rent. I seen in the country side how poor they live. It's really hard to feel sorry for people in a luxury condo in front of a beach with a private pool and tennis court that they have to move because they can only pay $600 a month.

You had to see my grandparents house in Santurce decades ago. It was wood and the cheap wood that rots and the roof made of sheet metal because it was cheap. They never complain and were happy and raised a huge family.


This generation is the whining generation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2023, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top