U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories
 [Register]
U.S. Territories Puerto Rico, Guam, U.S. Virgin Islands, etc.
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2008, 07:59 AM

1 posts, read 10,443 times

Advertisements

Hafa Adai! I'm definitely moving into Guam in the next 2-3 months and I'm wondering which is the best civilian health care facility that I could apply into? I graduated from BSN course and I have a year of experience working for a primary hospital. I'm staying with a relative for a while, but I could only stay for so long..MAX is 3 months! I only got 3K in the bank..don't know if I could survive with that til I get a job. A friend of mine is encouraging me to apply into Guam Memorial Hospital. Unfortunately he's a Physical Therapist working in a sports training facility, so he doesn't really know about the pros and cons of working there as a RN. Aside from that here are some questions I'd like to know?

1) How hard is it to get a decent RN job in Guam?
2) What is the best pay for a RN with this background in Guam? lets say in a per hour rate and after taxes..
3) Which civilian facilities offer sign-in bonuses? if so, how much?
4)What's the working hours like?
5) What are the unspoken benefits of working in that facility?
6) What's the general culture of the people of Guam? that is when there seeking health care services..
6) What are the criteria I need to have to be able to buy a brand new durable car (lets say a Corolla..something cheap but decent)? Either through bank loan or what not...
7) What and where is the best housing value for your $? that's for 2 people..no pets

I've seen the pictures and comments about Guam and I'm hoping everything is true..It looks like paradise! I'm an outdoors freak and I cant wait to start with island life ASAP..I can already feel the adventure starting!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2008, 10:38 AM

1 posts, read 10,278 times
Smile Moving to Guam

Quote:
Originally Posted by ena329 View Post
Hafa Adai! I'm definitely moving into Guam in the next 2-3 months and I'm wondering which is the best civilian health care facility that I could apply into? I graduated from BSN course and I have a year of experience working for a primary hospital. I'm staying with a relative for a while, but I could only stay for so long..MAX is 3 months! I only got 3K in the bank..don't know if I could survive with that til I get a job. A friend of mine is encouraging me to apply into Guam Memorial Hospital. Unfortunately he's a Physical Therapist working in a sports training facility, so he doesn't really know about the pros and cons of working there as a RN. Aside from that here are some questions I'd like to know?

1) How hard is it to get a decent RN job in Guam?
2) What is the best pay for a RN with this background in Guam? lets say in a per hour rate and after taxes..
3) Which civilian facilities offer sign-in bonuses? if so, how much?
4)What's the working hours like?
5) What are the unspoken benefits of working in that facility?
6) What's the general culture of the people of Guam? that is when there seeking health care services..
6) What are the criteria I need to have to be able to buy a brand new durable car (lets say a Corolla..something cheap but decent)? Either through bank loan or what not...
7) What and where is the best housing value for your $? that's for 2 people..no pets

I've seen the pictures and comments about Guam and I'm hoping everything is true..It looks like paradise! I'm an outdoors freak and I cant wait to start with island life ASAP..I can already feel the adventure starting!
I was googling information about Guam because my son will be moving there in 2 months, I came across this site which provided helpful information and may answer many of your questions.

[url=http://www.heptune.com/guam.html]What's It Like to Live on Guam?[/url]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories