U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories
 [Register]
U.S. Territories Puerto Rico, Guam, U.S. Virgin Islands, etc.
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-03-2009, 04:10 AM
 
Location: St. Croix
737 posts, read 2,312,930 times
Reputation: 756

Advertisements

I had a post removed because I referenced a non-profit animal rescue URL; how is it that an ad for usvibroker gets to stay but my reference that only served animal welfare gets removed? Hmm.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-08-2009, 05:40 PM
 
345 posts, read 1,154,769 times
Reputation: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunsetBeachFL View Post
STT Resident - agree with you. Too bad some people have had a bad experience, but that happens everywhere, right?
except every else you can look to the police for help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-08-2009, 08:59 PM
 
Location: St Thomas, US Virgin Islands
24,671 posts, read 60,607,597 times
Reputation: 26569
Quote:
Originally Posted by fairbanks101 View Post
except every else you can look to the police for help
That is SUCH hogwash!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-08-2009, 09:11 PM
 
345 posts, read 1,154,769 times
Reputation: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
That is SUCH hogwash!

omg, dont get into this with me... i've seen my own dad beaten bloody with a pipe and the police shown up to find the weapon and the guy that did it and pretend to write a police report then leave. No record of the incident ANYWHERE. Yet there was 5 cops at my house?

I've had guys banging on my door covered in blood trying to get help, cops wouldnt come remove this bloody man from my porch, i can keep going on. Try this yourself, you can call 911 and tell them some one is being stabbed, and no one will come.

I was obviously raised in a different part of the virgin islands than the one you know... some how
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-09-2009, 05:30 AM
 
Location: St. Croix
737 posts, read 2,312,930 times
Reputation: 756
I'm so happy you're in a "safe" place, Fairbanks. Perhaps the reason the Alaska crime rate is so low is that Alaska’s suicide rate is consistently one of the highest in the nation?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-09-2009, 07:03 AM
 
Location: St Thomas, US Virgin Islands
24,671 posts, read 60,607,597 times
Reputation: 26569
Quote:
Originally Posted by fairbanks101 View Post
omg, dont get into this with me... i've seen my own dad beaten bloody with a pipe and the police shown up to find the weapon and the guy that did it and pretend to write a police report then leave. No record of the incident ANYWHERE. Yet there was 5 cops at my house?

I've had guys banging on my door covered in blood trying to get help, cops wouldnt come remove this bloody man from my porch, i can keep going on. Try this yourself, you can call 911 and tell them some one is being stabbed, and no one will come.

I was obviously raised in a different part of the virgin islands than the one you know... some how
Your negative generalizations run rampant yet again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-09-2009, 07:30 PM
 
Location: St. Croix
737 posts, read 2,312,930 times
Reputation: 756
Posts from Fairbanks are, albeit interesting, and at best, irritating and economically harmful - hmmm, best posts, oh can't go there. I don't mean to be an annoyance but my gosh, there must have been some reason Fairbanks did reside in the USVI and I've got to believe that Fairbanks at least had one good meal?! - I mean at some point, whether a job, cool female or male, must have been some reason for residence . Fairbanks got a taste of the rock and so you hate it, some love it. Why bother revisiting what was a very distasteful experience for Fairbanks? I would think the very obvious intellect of Fairbanks would begin to espouse the lovely aspects of a part of the US s/he finds truly find delightful, re: Alaska. Celebrate the Alaskan culture and please share more about the wonderful part of the US that you find so wonderful. And, in the meantime, some of us (thin-blooded) island-dwellers will continue to invite you come and enjoy a quick holiday to fish, sun, hang, drink rum and be our guest in our homes at your convenience. Honestly, welcome back whenever you want a terrific holiday! Cheers to you and yours!

Last edited by SunsetBeachFL; 02-09-2009 at 07:35 PM.. Reason: big typos
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-12-2009, 09:52 AM
 
Location: Miami
284 posts, read 1,005,843 times
Reputation: 251
I believe Fairbanks is telling it like it is, understating rather than exaggerating.

We are here to give "our opinion" on "our experience" so that people can read about the reality rather than go by the rosy picture painted by some people here.

And I do think I qualify to give advice having lived there for many years.

I have lived in Europe, Asia , America and the Caribbean and believe me, the caribbean is the absolute pits in every way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-13-2009, 12:48 AM
 
Location: St. Croix
737 posts, read 2,312,930 times
Reputation: 756
My opinion and my experience is much different than most opinions and experiences here, which I think makes this board very interesting. I am not exaggerating when I tell you that I enjoy being a part of the community in STX, absolutely detest going state-side and my reality is this... waking when I want, sleeping when I'm tired, eating when I'm hungry, hangin' with my dogs, meeting new people, cooking great food (although I admit finding the ingredients for many of my recipes is a challenge), savoring as many sunrises as much as sunsets and just being. I don't work 2 or 3 jobs, but many do and I admire the work ethic, not everyone has it.

By the way, INDUHVIDUAL, congrats to you for having the experience of living in so many different parts of the world, way cool ... and since you dislike the Caribbean, and if you have the ability to leave, why don't you? I promise you'll be missed... it is people like you that provide my entertainment!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-13-2009, 09:57 AM
 
Location: Miami
284 posts, read 1,005,843 times
Reputation: 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunsetBeachFL View Post
My opinion and my experience is much different than most opinions and experiences here, which I think makes this board very interesting. I am not exaggerating when I tell you that I enjoy being a part of the community in STX, absolutely detest going state-side and my reality is this... waking when I want, sleeping when I'm tired, eating when I'm hungry, hangin' with my dogs, meeting new people, cooking great food (although I admit finding the ingredients for many of my recipes is a challenge), savoring as many sunrises as much as sunsets and just being. I don't work 2 or 3 jobs, but many do and I admire the work ethic, not everyone has it.

By the way, INDUHVIDUAL, congrats to you for having the experience of living in so many different parts of the world, way cool ... and since you dislike the Caribbean, and if you have the ability to leave, why don't you? I promise you'll be missed... it is people like you that provide my entertainment!
I did leave, and though it cost me $$ to liquidate my investments, I did so because I did not wish to revisit the rock. Ever.
Read my other posts(essays) about STX. If you find this one entertaining, you might think the others publishworthy.
I have been in Miami for over a year now and absolutely love it.
This city is a perfect fit for me.
Think I have found my special place in the sun.
You can find me making many helpful and informative posts there.
I am truly a very positive person but definitely not an idealist.
I will always say it like it is, no rose colored glasses.
Stay tuned
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

¬© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top