U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories
 [Register]
U.S. Territories Puerto Rico, Guam, U.S. Virgin Islands, etc.
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2008, 06:03 PM

82 posts, read 600,156 times

Advertisements

What are the best and most isolated, beatiful beaches on Guam? and how can you get to them?
anyone please...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2008, 09:54 AM

2,956 posts, read 4,340,120 times
Most of the best and isolated beaches in Guam are private owned, so getting to them may be a challenge. If you find one, you will need to get permission from the property owner.

Old 11-04-2008, 01:04 PM

11 posts, read 95,303 times
That's hard because even the locals can't just go onto a beautiful beach. Most of them are in fact private property, so you would have to ask permission out of respect. But there are some really nice beaches you could hike to.

Old 11-29-2008, 07:20 AM

10 posts, read 37,646 times
At the southern end of the island is a hiking trail that leads down to the beach. It is hard to see until you are passing it. The trail is very rough in spots and bring water and food since it takes about an hour to get to the beach. It is very isolated. It has a small sign and the parking lot has spaces for 20-25 cars. You'll see a small restroom building and a trail that is quite overgrown. I can't remember the name of it but it's in Merizo. I believe it is within a couple miles of the lookout point with the painted mural wall(from the lookout at the top you can see cocos island to the left). From the navy base gate it was less than a 20 minute drive. I tried to look it up on google but didn't find anything.

Old 11-30-2008, 12:56 AM

10 posts, read 37,646 times
Found the place. It is the old Spanish bridge

Old 12-21-2008, 02:11 PM

422 posts, read 2,326,472 times
I was sent to Guam on a special assignment while in the Air Force back in the mid-90's and let me tell you some of the beaches I went to were unbelievably beautiful, even have the pictures to prove it. If I remember correctly, most of the isolated beaches can only be accessed thru a military base but I've been to Taragey Beach on Anderson AFB and that was very nice too.

Old 12-22-2008, 04:06 PM

5,369 posts, read 11,037,400 times
I used to be stationed on Guam at NCTAMS (also known as NAVCAMS back in the day). We could access a beach from base, but it was a steep hike. You had to hold onto ropes, etc and it was a workout, but it was worth it. I don't remember the official name but we called it B-A-B (bare a$$ beach) because you could pretty much do just that down there and no one would bother you, mainly because it was such a PITA to get there!

Old 12-23-2008, 10:41 AM

422 posts, read 2,326,472 times
Cobolt I remember that beach too, but I can't remember the name, I'll have to pull out the photos from Guam, I took a picture of the sign before the hike. I'm going to try and post some pictures on here when I get a chance.

Old 12-23-2008, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsmiley06 View Post
Cobolt I remember that beach too, but I can't remember the name, I'll have to pull out the photos from Guam, I took a picture of the sign before the hike. I'm going to try and post some pictures on here when I get a chance.
That would be cool. I too can't think of the official name and I do have some pics of the beach but I don't think there is one with the name.

Old 12-23-2008, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsmiley06 View Post
The name is Ha**** Beach, (It won't let me type the word)...let me try this: H-a-p-u-t-o Beach or maybe it's Gab Gab Beach? Check this out. http://www.guamportal.com/beaches/gab_gab_beach.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories