U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories
 [Register]
U.S. Territories Puerto Rico, Guam, U.S. Virgin Islands, etc.
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2009, 01:07 PM

6 posts, read 26,932 times

Advertisements

Maineac I can now see why your reputation is so poor. Your advice can go for anywhere in the world. It does not pertain to my question in anyway , shape or form, but thanks for that anyway. STT, thank you as always.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2009, 01:15 PM

1,452 posts, read 1,810,981 times
Huh! Good luck!

Last edited by Maineac; 02-22-2009 at 01:24 PM..

Old 02-22-2009, 01:30 PM

6 posts, read 26,932 times
In no way am I being mean. I have lived on the islands b4 and am pretty aware of the crime that can take place along with the many places I have lived in. I am concerned with the job market at this point in time not with who's body was found behind what bar. As you said about yourself I am being "straightforward". I have been doing research on stx for over a yr now, the only thing I have not been able to lock down is job market info. Either ppl are not willing to give it up for fear they will lose their jobs to newbe's or it is not as accurate as it should be.I take everything with a grain of salt, but I like said Thank You.

Old 02-24-2009, 06:25 AM

24,671 posts, read 60,666,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by islandgirlflava View Post
I have been doing research on stx for over a yr now, the only thing I have not been able to lock down is job market info. Either ppl are not willing to give it up for fear they will lose their jobs to newbe's or it is not as accurate as it should be.I take everything with a grain of salt ..
Have you checked directly with HR at the hospital or with the Department of Health? I really don't think anyone would be unwilling to give info because they're fearful of losing their jobs to a newbie. Newbies in fact are more liable to get the short end of the stick where employment is concerned generally as they often don't stay around too long!

It's very hard to get info as the job market fluctuates - and even more difficult when you're off island as prospective employers generally want to see you in person. They get SO many inquiries from off island and generally won't even respond.

Sorry not to be of much help but good luck with the search. Cheers!

Old 04-16-2009, 10:01 AM

1 posts, read 4,068 times
Default Need Advice

I have been reading your posts....very informative. I hope you are still around. I am a 35 year old single personal trainer/massage therapist considering a move to STX. I do know a couple of people there and have visited and fell in love with it completely. I am noticing that even though the job market is horrible there like everywhere else, a couple of places (like the Buccanneer) are hiring in my field, so I'm thinking I could make a living. Seriously, what do you think. I also know the whole thing about "fresh meat" arriving on the island and the saying that you never lose your boyfriend/girlfriend...you just lose your turn. Is it really that bad. Be brutally honest, I can handle it!

Old 04-18-2009, 08:52 AM

Sent you a DM with a link which I think will help you out a lot. Good luck!

Old 04-18-2009, 12:21 PM

2,365 posts, read 10,512,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by islandgirlflava View Post
In no way am I being mean. I have lived on the islands b4 and am pretty aware of the crime that can take place along with the many places I have lived in. I am concerned with the job market at this point in time not with who's body was found behind what bar. As you said about yourself I am being "straightforward". I have been doing research on stx for over a yr now, the only thing I have not been able to lock down is job market info. Either ppl are not willing to give it up for fear they will lose their jobs to newbe's or it is not as accurate as it should be.I take everything with a grain of salt, but I like said Thank You.

Have you thought about signing up with an agency and doing a 6 to 12 month contract. That seems to be the easiest way to get your foot in the door!

good luck!

Old 04-18-2009, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gea12345 View Post
Have you thought about signing up with an agency and doing a 6 to 12 month contract. That seems to be the easiest way to get your foot in the door!

good luck!
Mentioned that in a previous post in February as the hospitals contract with several agencies, and traveler nurses make up a good proportion of our nursing staff here.

Old 03-04-2014, 07:26 PM

1 posts, read 2,337 times
Default need help to contact a person on st croix VI

Hi,

Wondering if anybody in this forum live on st Croix(VI) or regularly visit St Croix. Actually I need to contact a person on St Croix. I know his name and address But I need to find his Tel# or e-mail etc.

Any Help on this matter will be appreciated.

Old 03-05-2014, 04:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by navsabri View Post
Hi,

Wondering if anybody in this forum live on st Croix(VI) or regularly visit St Croix. Actually I need to contact a person on St Croix. I know his name and address But I need to find his Tel# or e-mail etc.

Any Help on this matter will be appreciated.
There are several posters who live on STX on this forum so you may want to post there:

USVI Relocation Message Board :: General/Relocating

If the person you're looking for has a landline, you could try the local telephone listings at Innovative Directories Online Phone Book
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories