U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories
 [Register]
U.S. Territories Puerto Rico, Guam, U.S. Virgin Islands, etc.
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2009, 12:17 AM

5,142 posts, read 7,129,127 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InNeedOfAnswers View Post
Eco-tourism is on a rise. Perhaps this will catch on in PR as well.
They have to clean up the Island alot more before that will be fruitful for them. They look like the US did in the 70's where everyone was throwing trash out the car.

I lived in PR for 2 years and saw this daily. Then I visited Guam and couldn't believe how much better their island looked than PR.

Don't get me wrong, I love PR and have great memories, but they need to clean up a little bit before considering Ec0-tourism!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2009, 09:18 PM

1,384 posts, read 2,800,731 times
I definitely agree with SVTLighning. I remember back in the 80's there was a campaign against littering, but that didn't go anywhere. It's ironic when you see a sign that says $1000 fine for littering, and the sign itself is surrounded by trash.

Old 08-04-2009, 11:34 AM

19,597 posts, read 20,381,759 times
I used to make the drive from Ponce to Santa isabel 6 days a week. It seemed like there were always guys out there picking up mostly beer cans and beer bottles.

Old 08-11-2009, 09:14 AM

10 posts, read 21,603 times
okay , but how ever uyou under stood me and that what counts,

Old 08-11-2009, 09:50 AM

well let me tell you this if at any piont puertorico would ever become a independent nation it would have the best army in the carrbiean and in my mind better then latin america and also not all but alot more then some eurpeans country here's why puertorican in the unitdestates have fought in more real battles against relentless enemy's like in ww1 ww2 korean war, vietnam,etc.. No other latino country or even some eurpean are more battle tested then us we would have one hell of a army, navy, airforce, how many rican are marines ? navy seal, navy commanders gerenals ect spiecal forces, we would hands down have to most battle tested army in the carrbiean and the boricua army would be something to be feared no body in the latin world be albe to handle us not big countrys like mexico would think twice, any latin american country our eurpean **** even the unitedstates **** the machertro were very affective vs the USA and they were not even a full blown military etc. and did what they want when they wanted with sucess! no one is more battles tested in the art of war like puertoricans, and with recruit's from the main land puertorico would have more then enough soilders to have a powerfull army to protect her, all other of these nation talk about war we have fought what they talk about. so no need to worry PR would be a monster in the art of war if one day we can inpower ourselfs to believe so.. even so now puertorico defense is decent but you best believe it would be much tuffer and stronger military if they did what Iam saying..my fact are this to any one that question me no other latino has died in combate in the unitedstates in war more then boricuas the positive side to that is we have extremly highly trained solders who have seen real combate no need to worry..those are real facts.. bravo to a intreseting conversation.. P.S my father served in vietnam ask yourself this how many of your family are highly trained solider and old vet's ???

Old 08-11-2009, 10:13 AM

there may be some truth that there is gold on the island, and other resourses.. there is some real possibilty there. in open debate we can learn and progress not critic one another that is stuff from the past and for puertorico it is a dawn of a new era.. of progress and open debate and here each other out as many bori's have alot on there mind..Iam here for anyone who need a ear or a voice.. saludos a todos mis compatrotas, not bad for a bori that was born in the unitedstates..

Old 08-15-2009, 10:03 PM

398 posts, read 1,228,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricanroyalty View Post
there may be some truth that there is gold on the island, and other resourses.. there is some real possibilty there. in open debate we can learn and progress not critic one another that is stuff from the past and for puertorico it is a dawn of a new era.. of progress and open debate and here each other out as many bori's have alot on there mind..Iam here for anyone who need a ear or a voice.. saludos a todos mis compatrotas, not bad for a bori that was born in the unitedstates..
Im gonna give you a rep point on that hermano..peace
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories