U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories
 [Register]
U.S. Territories Puerto Rico, Guam, U.S. Virgin Islands, etc.
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2008, 02:03 PM

1,729 posts, read 4,518,221 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by motormaker View Post
Rubies77, I posted the link above post #7.
Thank you, if I only knew how to do it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2008, 02:55 PM

19,574 posts, read 20,355,352 times
It's actually pretty easy.

1. Open the page, forum or URL you want to post a link to.

2. Highlight the URL (it's in the address bar at the top of the page.)

3. Copy the URL.

4. Go to where you want to place the link.

5. Paste the URL where you want it.

It will look like the link I placed in post #7.

Hope that helps, if not, let me know.

Here is a good explanation by one of the Mos in the FAQ at the top of the About The Forum.

//www.city-data.com/forum/faq/1...yperlinks.html

Old 12-16-2008, 07:43 PM

905 posts, read 2,178,375 times
PR has some of the nicest people I have ever met, and it's a great place in general

Old 12-20-2008, 07:21 PM

1,435 posts, read 3,634,933 times
Quote:
PR has some of the nicest people I have ever met, and it's a great place in general
That has not been my personal experience at all which is why I am never going to a Puerto Rican pride parade again.

Old 12-21-2008, 12:36 PM

2,875 posts, read 3,413,830 times
I read the thread titled "The Plight of the Puerto Rican." There was nothing in it that I found offensive or untrue.

Old 12-30-2008, 05:23 AM

177 posts, read 882,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chacho_keva View Post
I read the thread titled "The Plight of the Puerto Rican." There was nothing in it that I found offensive or untrue.
I was not born in Puerto Rico, but I am also an immigrant to USA from a country that has similar _public relations_ problem. As part of the growing up process, I went through the phases of being upset and even angry at the way things are. Finally, I decided to change the outlook of things by living an exemplary lifestyle and being proud of who I and my parents are. People will remember you and for what you stand if you give them a good impression. So, if you don't like how people portray your ansestors, then prove them wrong by being a shining example and by your achivements both professional and family.

Old 12-31-2008, 04:16 PM

2,875 posts, read 3,413,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InNeedOfAnswers View Post
I was not born in Puerto Rico, but I am also an immigrant to USA from a country that has similar _public relations_ problem. As part of the growing up process, I went through the phases of being upset and even angry at the way things are. Finally, I decided to change the outlook of things by living an exemplary lifestyle and being proud of who I and my parents are. People will remember you and for what you stand if you give them a good impression. So, if you don't like how people portray your ansestors, then prove them wrong by being a shining example and by your achivements both professional and family.
That's exactly right my friend! With the passing of time I have learned that people respect and appreciate hard work, responsibility, knowledge, and the ability to communicate in a clear manner. These traits will usually cancel out any negative stereotypes we may have been labeled with.

Any one of us could be negatively labeled because of the way we look, or because of our cultural background. But, it's difficult to place negative labels on someone who's a responsible hard worker, and knows what he or she is talking about.

Old 01-02-2009, 05:46 PM

72 posts, read 172,841 times
Beautifully said...Hats off !!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories